By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Overwatch discussion thread - Christmas update is here!

Chazore said:
I'm not really the super competitive type so I'll be sticking with the regular unranked mode, vs AI and the weekly brawls =P. The golden guns never were a thing that I wanted, the same way I never went for any when TF2 were sporting their own golden weapons.

How is the A.I? I've never tried it

Around the Network
celador said:
Chazore said:
I'm not really the super competitive type so I'll be sticking with the regular unranked mode, vs AI and the weekly brawls =P. The golden guns never were a thing that I wanted, the same way I never went for any when TF2 were sporting their own golden weapons.

Depends, I have never tried against easy AI but for the most part I easily stomp medium AI, if my team are that bad then of course the AI on medium could stomp us (happened to me with the same team twice and I tell you I was pretty shocked at the time). The Hard AI from the few matches I played seem to easily wipe you clean if you aren't paying close attention, it somewhat feels like they have had their damage increased to a high level where it only takes a few shots to end your life, but their intelligence is more or less the same, something which I dread seeing since I've always wanted game devs to give us some smart AI that don't hav to rely on having complete accurate aim along with higher life/damage.

Overall I'd say it's decent playing against AI, they won't give you crap like some players can do at the end of a round. I play against AI when playing SCII and Heroes of the storm as well, though for both Heroes and OW I also tend to play unranked player versus player rounds. I just find playing against AI with AI partners or friends to be more relaxing and enjoyable than going against other players who at times can either slag you off or pummel you into the ground each time for a few rounds.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

celador said:
Chazore said:

I play AI mode mostly. Easy, don't even bother. Medium is still easy. Now, the recent patch made hard, really hard. If you've played a ton of human matches. Just go right to hard. They just added Mcree AI, to the mode. I like it. Because you can use it to practice. But hard mode makes the AI 100% acurate at everything. They will do things no human can do. And sometimes they cheat. I've seen a Zarya put up her shield before 10 seconds were up.

Chazore said:
celador said:

Depends, I have never tried against easy AI but for the most part I easily stomp medium AI, if my team are that bad then of course the AI on medium could stomp us (happened to me with the same team twice and I tell you I was pretty shocked at the time). The Hard AI from the few matches I played seem to easily wipe you clean if you aren't paying close attention, it somewhat feels like they have had their damage increased to a high level where it only takes a few shots to end your life, but their intelligence is more or less the same, something which I dread seeing since I've always wanted game devs to give us some smart AI that don't hav to rely on having complete accurate aim along with higher life/damage.

Overall I'd say it's decent playing against AI, they won't give you crap like some players can do at the end of a round. I play against AI when playing SCII and Heroes of the storm as well, though for both Heroes and OW I also tend to play unranked player versus player rounds. I just find playing against AI with AI partners or friends to be more relaxing and enjoyable than going against other players who at times can either slag you off or pummel you into the ground each time for a few rounds.

@ bolded:

That is what seems to happen with most games unfortunately, you're right. There are still a few heroes I haven't tried yet, so I may give them a go against the A.I first. Otherwise I think I will stick with quick play agianst other people.

archer9234 said:

I play AI mode mostly. Easy, don't even bother. Medium is still easy. Now, the recent patch made hard, really hard. If you've played a ton of human matches. Just go right to hard. They just added Mcree AI, to the mode. I like it. Because you can use it to practice. But hard mode makes the AI 100% acurate at everything. They will do things no human can do. And sometimes they cheat. I've seen a Zarya put up her shield before 10 seconds were up.

Also Zen's orbs that weaken you can be shot from the AI from almost anywhere, so many times have I started a match and had his orb randomly land on me despite us being absolutely nowhere enar him and it has to be within line of sight. I honestly wish devs would start on making AI more intelligent than just handing them cheat codes and making them always do the impossible in order to be a step ahead of you.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
Chazore said:
archer9234 said:

Also Zen's orbs that weaken you can be shot from the AI from almost anywhere, so many times have I started a match and had his orb randomly land on me despite us being absolutely nowhere enar him and it has to be within line of sight. I honestly wish devs would start on making AI more intelligent than just handing them cheat codes and making them always do the impossible in order to be a step ahead of you.

God, I hate that. I have had his discord orb get me from the hero room. And they're across the map near the payload.

Is anyone here good with D.Va?

I tried her out for the first time today. Only a handful of matches. First match did pretty well (at least for me) with 17 eliminations in a game with quite high level players. After that not so good.

Her damage output at even middle range seems crappy, but at close range she seems to get comfortably beaten by guys that excel at close range, like Reaper. Also her Ult seems difficult to use effectively. It's so slow to actually finish people generally get away really comfortably.

I obviously need more practice, but I was wondering about other people's opinion of her

celador said:

@ bolded:

That is what seems to happen with most games unfortunately, you're right. There are still a few heroes I haven't tried yet, so I may give them a go against the A.I first. Otherwise I think I will stick with quick play agianst other people.

Not sure why devs do this but I personally think it's much cheaper and straightforward for them to just make AI tougher via handing them cheats and the ability to never miss their target no matter what happens, it's definitely cheap but I am hoping in the coming years that devs start moving towards making AI that bit smarter than hiding behind cover and knowing exactly where you are.

AI in SCII seems to not have a complete leg up on you though, they actually ened to send out a scout or two to know your position, while most RTS AI just flkat out know exactly where you are and what you are doing, another reason why I largely feel that cloaking tech in any RTS game is uesless thanks tot he AI knowing everything that you don't

I would totally give heroes you haven't tried a go against AI, you'll get a lot less flak than what you would get from competitive folk who expect everyone to know the ins and outs of very hero and blast those that don't. 

Talking of Zenyatta, he is apparently being talked about right now as one of the next characters to be altered. http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745755226#post-4

No-one picked him in a recent tournament.

archer9234 said:

God, I hate that. I have had his discord orb get me from the hero room. And they're across the map near the payload.

Yeah same, I do hope they sort it out because it honestly gives the AI zen that bit much of a leg up over you whatever hero you play as and yet going against a human Zen means he won't land that discord orb on you unless he actually sees you and watches you the entire time. Also Reaper AI is annoying af because every 2-3 shots you land on him has him automatically entering his wraith mode where he shuffles around you and once he egts out he just continues as normal, all he is doing is delaying his demise. Real players tend to use it to escape or reposition and use the teleport power as well but the AI doesn't bother using the teleport for some reason and just spams Wraith mode instead.