By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Overwatch discussion thread - Christmas update is here!

I tried it yesterday. Holy shit, it's fun. I can't wait to keep on playing XD.

Around the Network
TH-Work said:

This game has less content than my grandma shit in her underware :) After one week it's boring as hell :)

First of all, this comment makes no sense. Second of all, the game has loads of content for a multiplayer game. If you were looking for singleplayer campaign, you shouldn't have bought it.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Dgc1808 said:

What do you think of the game? I've stopped playing online multiplayer games in fps' since killzone 2 and MAG servers basically emptied out. With that said, I've quickly grown to heavily enjoy Overwatch.

Who are you enjoying, who can't you get to grips with? I'm enjoying Lucio, Bastion, Reinhart, Soldier 76, Torbjorn, Pharah, Zarya, and many others. I can't get a grip with Widowmaker, D.Va and Genji Hanzo (Mixed those too up for a second). Probably just not enough recent experience sniping after being away from this genre for so long. I also just don't find D. Va fun.

What do you think of the balancing? On offense, 6 Soldiers is the best thing in the game. On defense, 3 zarya, 2 Torbjorn and a Lucio is the best thing in the game.

Do you think there is enough content? No. Needs more modes. Payed $40(PC) and I feel as though I've been ripped off a bit at this point.

EDIT: Because of this game, I'm planning to order a HyperX Cloud 2. My current microphone (PSEye) is giving me issues with this game and has been doing so for some time with google hangouts on google chrome.  That's how much I enjoy this game.

Lol. How can you feel ripped off? That's such an entitled thing to say. It was only $40! How else is Blizzard supposed to make money, lol?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Relevant:

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:

Relevant:

Way too accurate =P.

Also:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:
Although the greatest offender is multiple Torbjorns, having multiples of other heroes, like Genji or Lucio, can be similarly frustrating to play against. I get Blizzard wants to give a lot of choice and push the choice of proper team balance on the players, but allowing that free for all in choice is abused way more often than it's used to actually improve the overall play experience.

I don't have an issue with that. Granted if people do something stupid, like having 4 Mercy's, yeah complain. But having multiple characters, really isn't a big problem. The thing why it becomes a problem. Is people don't usually want to be a tank character. When I play, I'm 99% using Zarya. So I'm usually the teams primary tank. I can deal with the reduction of attack power, with two Torborns/widowmakers. But if you don't have anyone being Rhinhart, Zarya or Winston, as examples. The team becomes too unbalanced. I'm happy to play on a offensive or defense team, without a healer and duplicates.  I will object, if a team has more than 1 Bastion. That's just being cheap.

Signature goes here!

Angelus said:
So are we actually getting competitive mode this week? I mean they said later this month, which is now almost up, but if they're delaying it shouldn't they have mentioned that by now?

Hey all, 

If you've been following our developer videos or forum posts, you know that the Overwatch team has been working hard to finish our upcoming patch which includes Competitive Play (as well as a few other quality-of-life changes). From the beginning, our intent has been to release this patch by the end of June—and since July is nearly here, we wanted to give you a quick status update.

Patching on PC and Console
First, we wanted to be upfront and let players know that we won’t be able to release our Competitive Play patch on all platforms at the same time. The patch will be going live on PC today, while PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players can expect it sometime next week. We don’t have an exact date to share, but we can confirm that the patch is going through approvals right now on both platforms. 

We know this isn’t an ideal way to deliver new content, so we’re going to continue to refine our patching processes over the next few months in an effort to sync up our release dates across platforms as closely possible. Although our Battle.net client will always allow us to be more agile on PC, we hope to reach a point where we can release major updates on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 simultaneously.

In the meantime, stay tuned to PlayOverwatch.com (or follow us on Twitter) for all the latest patch news and updates.

Shorter Summer Season
We also wanted to let players know that the first season of Competitive Play will be an abbreviated one, lasting only two months instead of the normal three. This is because our Competitive Play patch is launching in the middle of the Summer 2016 season, which technically began on June 1 (a minor side-effect of our real-world season system). As a result, our inaugural season will include approximately 1.5 months of play rather than the full 2.5 months, ending on August 18 across all platforms. The Fall 2016 season will then begin as scheduled following our standard two-week off-season break. 

We’re super excited to release Competitive Play, and we made the decision to move ahead with a shorter season for two key reasons. One, we want players to be able to start working towards their Competitive Play rewards as soon as possible. And two, we believe this first season will teach us a lot of about what works well, what doesn't, and what players are really looking for from a competitive system in Overwatch. Competitive Play is definitely one of those features that will take us a few iterations to get right, and by getting the system out there sooner, we can start making improvements based on your feedback sooner too. 

To learn more about changes we already have planned for the Fall 2016 season, click here

--------------------------------

Thanks so much for your patience, feedback, and support! We can’t wait to get our first major Overwatch patch out in the wild, and we’re really grateful to be able to share it with all of you.

TH-Work said:

This game has less content than my grandma shit in her underware :) After one week it's boring as hell :)

Glad I'm not the only one!

Not sure how anyone would think that a dozen maps and 3 game modes is "allot" of content, I've seen free-to-play mods on PC offer more than that.

It's the same problem Halo 5 had for me, by the time new content did drop as they promised, to fully-flesh-out it's multiplayer component... I was bored with the game and had moved onto something else.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
TH-Work said:

Glad I'm not the only one!

Not sure how anyone would think that a dozen maps and 3 game modes is "allot" of content, I've seen free-to-play mods on PC offer more than that.

It's the same problem Halo 5 had for me, by the time new content did drop as they promised, to fully-flesh-out it's multiplayer component... I was bored with the game and had moved onto something else.

Content is not everything when the core gameplay is captivating. Rocket League launched with less than half the content of Overwatch but thanks to great core gameplay got really popular and now new content is rolling in regularly. After a year it has even more people in the playlist than in the first month when it was hyped and free for PS+.

I mean it's fine if you don't like the gameplay but if that's already boring to you then no amount of content will fix that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.