By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Overwatch discussion thread - Christmas update is here!

LuckyTrouble said:
I feel like I would get crucified for thinking this by the overall Overwatch community, but I seriously believe the game is made worse by the current free for all that hero selection is. It should be restricted to a hero having a single presence on a team. This would push generally improved team composition as others would be forced to branch out from their main, and it would provide a better balance to matches.

Although the greatest offender is multiple Torbjorns, having multiples of other heroes, like Genji or Lucio, can be similarly frustrating to play against. I get Blizzard wants to give a lot of choice and push the choice of proper team balance on the players, but allowing that free for all in choice is abused way more often than it's used to actually improve the overall play experience.

A Blizzard guy said recently that the idea of hero stacking was fine and part of the Overwatch experience. So unless the community gets really vocal about it, it is here to stay.

Around the Network

I don't get why people are so against character stacking, TF2 has had it for years despite that game not giving their characters "special abilities", still having a team full of heavies and medics with different loadouts could stomp teams flat and yet the game is still standing here today, the same will happen with Overwatch.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Torbjorn is getting a console nerf: http://kotaku.com/overwatch-s-torbjorn-is-getting-a-nerf-on-consoles-1782617429

The long and short of it is that his turret is getting a 30% damage reduction to help account for the fact that, generally, console players can't shoot as accurately as the mouse and keyboard PC players towards disabling turrets effectively. The damage reduction should help players close the gap a bit more easily to fight the turrets.

The fleshy will still die, the reaction time will still be instantaneous, and the range will still be pretty much the entirety of any straight line in any map, but Torbjorn should be just a little easier to handle.

Personally, I think the turret itself was only a small part of a bigger issue with Torbjorn, and that's the speed that his ultimate charges. I've watched his ultimate charge as a turret causes damage, and that gauge ticks up stupidly fast. Then it triggers the turret into super mode, heavily fortifies Torbjorn himself, and boosts his power with his long range hit and short range shotgun blast. He is too versatile for his own good and has the best of about four different worlds.

That would basically all be easier to handle and force the Torbjorn players to actually play a bit more if the turret either did not charge the ultimate, or contributed significantly less to the gauge. The turret nerf is at least a good start.

Despite the quick charges of his ultimate, I've still managed plenty of times to completely melt a Torbjorn player during his ultimate stage, same with other heroes like Pharah who use her ultimate from high up in the air or McCree using high Noon but being melted before he can act it out.

I hope Blizz don't end up nerfing a good chunk of characters on PC, their act of nerfing plenty of characters on Heroes of the Storm is exactly why I find myself not playing it as much any more, I'm honestly just tired of playing musical chairs with certain heroes because other people think it;s unfair and don't want to deal with X hero of the month let alone a new one.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Just played a few games with Mei for the first time. I know she gets a lot of hate, but I really enjoyed playing as her. May become one of my favourites.

Around the Network

I still haven't spent as much time as I want to on the game but I have really been enjoying Lucio and Reinhart. Got a couple of RL friends on it now too, and having even half a team communicating well and working out a strategy makes all the difference.

Of course you still run into the problem of facing a team that actually understands defense and picks off the pug as everyone trickles in one by one like lambs to the slaughter, but the short match time makes it more bearable than not.

Neodegenerate said:
I still haven't spent as much time as I want to on the game but I have really been enjoying Lucio and Reinhart. Got a couple of RL friends on it now too, and having even half a team communicating well and working out a strategy makes all the difference.

Of course you still run into the problem of facing a team that actually understands defense and picks off the pug as everyone trickles in one by one like lambs to the slaughter, but the short match time makes it more bearable than not.

Having friends to play with makes all the difference. When in a match with all random people I often pick last because I don't mind playing tank or support but it's a pain when the rest of the team goes all offense/defense heroes and no matter what I choose I know the team composition will be off.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Neodegenerate said:

Having friends to play with makes all the difference. When in a match with all random people I often pick last because I don't mind playing tank or support but it's a pain when the rest of the team goes all offense/defense heroes and no matter what I choose I know the team composition will be off.

I typically am just picking support because I figure no one else will.  A friend and I were playing around last night with a Reinhardt/Bastion combo and out of the 7 or so matches we played I think we had someone pick a support class once.

This game has less content than my grandma shit in her underware :) After one week it's boring as hell :)

So are we actually getting competitive mode this week? I mean they said later this month, which is now almost up, but if they're delaying it shouldn't they have mentioned that by now?