By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Tries to Downplay Microsoft’s Project Scorpio Hardware Power

Journalism is dead. MS never said anything about 4k at 60fps.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Azzanation said:

Might be alittle hard if Neo Dev kits are already in the hands for Devs, plus from rumours, the Neo will be out first so all Sony could do is tweak the CPU or GPU alittle bit, but i daubt they can managed a 2TF tweak without redesigning the entire system.

On topic, This is no suprise, Sony's view on gaming was all about more power and now it might be the funniest thing iv heard all day where they say Power isnt everything. Maybe next time they shouldnt drive sales by downplaying there competitors with Power. It will always come back to bite you when it comes to tech.

Sony is only now having the most powerful console, since 2006, how the hell is Sony's view all about more power?
Stop saying absurd things because you dislike them, Sony has by FAR the most wide gaming view out there and Sony system were ALWAYS all about the games.

You only find it funny because you are biased to find it funny, just like you are biased to point all your coments and posts around downplaying Sony as much as you can.

FFS, stop this nonsense.

You really think so? Ever since the PS2 Sony have done nothing but try to brag about their own hardware. Remember the Motion Engine? They made majority of their fan base believe the PS2 was more powerful than the Gamecube. Remember Cell for the PS3? Made it out like its a super computer and guess what the fans did, they listened. PS4 they bragged about 1080p, have you notice what the most talked about subject when it comes to game visuals are this gen? Yup 1080p. Sony might not have had the most powerful consoles in the past, but Sony themselves claimed they were. They just failed at creating the most powerful console. Neo was another step into that same direction but it seems MS might have them beat this time around so guess what Sony are doing now.. Downplaying it. Yes they care about power and now there already making excuses.

Maybe its not me thats the bias one here.

Sharpryno said:
Guitarguy said:

Sony officially said they were not going to talk about the Neo about a week prior to E3.

ah my bad then.  But its definately smart on their end to find out more about the new xbox console.  

Definitely wise on Sony's part. Microsoft have shown their hand, Sony have a range of options now.

Azzanation said:
BraLoD said:

Sony is only now having the most powerful console, since 2006, how the hell is Sony's view all about more power?
Stop saying absurd things because you dislike them, Sony has by FAR the most wide gaming view out there and Sony system were ALWAYS all about the games.

You only find it funny because you are biased to find it funny, just like you are biased to point all your coments and posts around downplaying Sony as much as you can.

FFS, stop this nonsense.

You really think so? Ever since the PS2 Sony have done nothing but try to brag about their own hardware. Remember the Motion Engine? They made majority of their fan base believe the PS2 was more powerful than the Gamecube. Remember Cell for the PS3? Made it out like its a super computer and guess what the fans did, they listened. PS4 they bragged about 1080p, have you notice what the most talked about subject when it comes to game visuals are this gen? Yup 1080p. Sony might not have had the most powerful consoles in the past, but Sony themselves claimed they were. They just failed at creating the most powerful console. Neo was another step into that same direction but it seems MS might have them beat this time around so guess what Sony are doing now.. Downplaying it. Yes they care about power and now there already making excuses.

Maybe its not me thats the bias one here.

Nothing but? *giggle

A youuuu aaaare out!

To make your impudence more blatant.

Azzanation said:

They made majority of their fan base believe the PS2 was more powerful than the Gamecube.

Prove it. Shouldn't be that hard.

Hunting Season is done...

A console performance war could make them almost as expensive as gaming PCs, that would be a funny bloodbath.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

for me it all comes down to price. Either one can make the "most powerful console ever" but if its priced too high then it will fail, because simply having a console this powerful for 4k just doesn't seem to be enough to justify an outrageous price tag.

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

cutzman25 said:
for me it all comes down to price. Either one can make the "most powerful console ever" but if its priced too high then it will fail, because simply having a console this powerful for 4k just doesn't seem to be enough to justify an outrageous price tag.

I'm thinking in a price atleast the same as the Xbox with Kinect launch price or even higher, same for Sony, the same price of the PS4 launch or even higher.

nanarchy said:
AsGryffynn said:

Rx400? That's what we'll see... If Wikipedia is to be believed, our GPU has to be stronger than the most powerful of all GPU's in AMD's scheduled repertoire short of dedicated ones... And technically, both are Polaris (yes, Vega is a flavor of Polaris chipsets)... 

neither Polaris10 or Polaris11 seem quite powerful enough to meet what was announced. personally I would not trust wikipedia as a source for anything. regardless VEGA10 rumours have it "supposedly" coming in at around 7-8tflops at launch, which if even close to true would mean this could be in the ballpark, but can't see how that could be made affordable.

And it's neither. The later models perform nicely, but none beyond 5TFlops. I think this will be a custom one rather than a Vega one (and hell, they are the same thing, just higher up!) 

The Xbox is going to truggle with 4K, but I think it will manage it in a lot of games, with the specs and especially horrible CPU the PS4 Neo has I am pretty sure they will have a tough sell on a native 4K box.

They are right, games games games, but they are really bad with how they announced Neo, when they did it and overall they should have a clear focus, if its a native 4k box it needs to be faster, if its a box to support VR it needs to have a better processor at least.

Right now it seems like its a in the middle of the road box, nobody wants that, their regular ps4 is and has always been incredible, tough. But right now I do believe that in 4k gaming and VR next year Microsoft should jump ahead.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

The Scorpio sounds really cool, but if it really can game natively in 4K it will cost at least $1499.00
It takes two $1000.00 graphics cards to do 4K gaming on PC. That's just the cards!
A mass produced box might get the price down, but it is still going to be expensive.
The PS4K Neo will destroy the Scorpio because the performance will be really good and the cheaper price will win.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969