By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Tries to Downplay Microsoft’s Project Scorpio Hardware Power

Edit : nvm

Better close this thread, even if it's the article title, this is not the reality.

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
This is going to be the start of fractured but whole console launches with new consoles coming out to out do one another every 3 years.

Many gamers will do what they do with phones, buy one, skip the next.

It's more like every 4 years, you can't really compare this to the phone market. Both Sony and Microsoft at the time knew that they wanted their consoles to achieve 4k but in reality both consoles more so for Xbox one would later prove even 1080p was going to be hard to achieve. Sony have yet to announce final specs and a release date, we will see how they responds to Microsoft soon enough. Regardless, this mid-gen upgrade is to welcome 4K gaming to console. 

iNathan said:
Goatseye said:

You should learn to differentiate op opinion and articles posted. Anyway, I'll take your word over MS engineers any day of the week.

Like Windows Phone being the future right? Or Kinect going to help Xbox One right? Or even better, Windows 8 being the best OS ever and future proof or Xbox One having the power of 1000 pcs thanks to the Cloud looool

MS PR = Lies after Lies after LIES!

Don't be so harsh, MS doesn't tell lies, just 50 shades of truth!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

iNathan said:
Goatseye said:

You should learn to differentiate op opinion and articles posted. Anyway, I'll take your word over MS engineers any day of the week.

Like Windows Phone being the future right? Or Kinect going to help Xbox One right? Or even better, Windows 8 being the best OS ever and future proof or Xbox One having the power of 1000 pcs thanks to the Cloud looool

MS PR = Lies after Lies after LIES!

I guess you still didn't figure out that the article in the op was posted to spark discussion and rather you turn on me. Anyway, here:

1- They didn't give up on their handhelds like some did after a year on one and two years on the next. There is still a space for Windows Phone and that's the reason MS didn't drop it and GO™.

2- MS invested on Kinect early on like they believe in what they say but consumers voted with their wallet. What do you want them to do?

3- Again if the customers don't want something doesn't matter what it is and the cloud gives Xbox One the power of 2000 PCs, get your math right.

Pemalite said:
Azuren said:
Xbox One went from being weaker to having no exclusives. I think Sony is justified in their confidence in competing against Xbox.

It's funny because a large portion of the Wii U's game library is exclusive, yet that has proven not to drive console sales to any great degree.
Are exclusives really important? Sure they are. But I think 3rd party is more important... And if Microsoft can entice PC devs over to the Xbox, then they will be onto a winner.

Right, but what happens when a console has NO exclusives? Well, I can either get a PC and a PS4 to get roughly 90% of the games released within 8th Gen, or I can get a PC and an XB1 and have a fairly redundant library. It's an even more extreme scenerio of PS3 vs XB360; most of their libraries were shared to the point that unless you just HAD to have Halo and God of War it was almost a bad decision to buy both.

The only way I can see the crossbuy thing working out in the end is if you have an XB1 and a Gaming Laptop, allowing you to take your games on the go. And even then: why not just get a laptop $300 more powerful instead?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Pemalite said:

It's funny because a large portion of the Wii U's game library is exclusive, yet that has proven not to drive console sales to any great degree.
Are exclusives really important? Sure they are. But I think 3rd party is more important... And if Microsoft can entice PC devs over to the Xbox, then they will be onto a winner.

Right, but what happens when a console has NO exclusives? Well, I can either get a PC and a PS4 to get roughly 90% of the games released within 8th Gen, or I can get a PC and an XB1 and have a fairly redundant library. It's an even more extreme scenerio of PS3 vs XB360; most of their libraries were shared to the point that unless you just HAD to have Halo and God of War it was almost a bad decision to buy both.

The only way I can see the crossbuy thing working out in the end is if you have an XB1 and a Gaming Laptop, allowing you to take your games on the go. And even then: why not just get a laptop $300 more powerful instead?

A $300 laptop to play Gears? Gears Gauntlet?

Goatseye said:
Azuren said:

Bolded because you're picking and choosing words and because I may have worded it vaguely. The scenerio is you can get a gaming laptop and an Xbox One, or spend that $300 you spent on an XB1 to get more out of your laptop.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Goatseye said:

Bolded because you're picking and choosing words and because I may have worded it vaguely. The scenerio is you can get a gaming laptop and an Xbox One, or spend that $300 you spent on an XB1 to get more out of your laptop.

Well your punctuation wasn't the best. So there is where the confusion was.

thismeintiel said:
There's a big problem with the Scorpio that Xbox fans probably don't want to admit. It is basically the end of Xbox HW. Mark my words, the Scorpio will be mostly sold as a Windows 10 box by Holiday 2017. MS is going to try and go up against Steam and the Steam boxes, hence why all XBO games will be launching on PC. If it fails, you will be most likely saying goodbye to MS in the console biz.

And really, I can't tell who the Scorpio is for. Why spend $499 (my guess on the price) on an entire system that no longer has exclusives, when you can spend $199 and get a 5.5 Tflops GPU for your PC and play any MS Studios game you want? As for the Neo, I'm sure Sony is going to get it to 5 Tflops-5.5 Tflops. It will also be the best place to play all of the PS4's many exclusives. So, I can see that actually having a market, while Xbox's fortunes will not be turned around.

So MS just announces new powerful hardware for 18 months time and you are so sure that it won't be an Xbox branded machine and that they just suddenly decide to abandon a well known brand and start from scratch. Sorry but you must be dreaming things up in this instance. These like minded predictions have been going on for years (MS abandoning Xbox etc..). And you guys just get proven wrong every year. I do get though that some people are upset with this announcement. Hey they can easily jump on boad and get this truly powerful upgrade as well. I know ill be getting the Scorpio 😃. You can too!

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

My guess is that Sony will release the APU-only Neo without changes this year and come up with a GPU-enhanced Neo 2 in 2017. They need to, because Scorpio will blow the PS4 Neo away.