By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox beat Sony E3 by a long shot

tinfamous12 said:
I think Microsoft won as well. They hit all the bases: Games, hardware, new features, and services. Sony seemed to have just games and no exciting announcements. I enjoyed the Microsoft exclusives more aside from Days Gone.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have officially entered the Twilight Zone (or Bizarro world. Whichever is more accurate). Where, at a games' conference, showing nothing but games is a "just", and it makes you lose. 

I bet you think they won E3 2013, when Sony showed nothing but games, but MS had "TV, SPORTS, TV, SPORTS!"

Around the Network

Sorry but Sony revealed new games and their first party proved far superior to even microsofts third party support.

cesarmgc said:
yeah! Sony was in fear!

ArchangelMadzz said:
Xbox One S is groundbreaking? It's still bigger than a standard PS4. PS4 allows 4k video and photo just not by the disc drive. I'm not sure what you mean by groundbreaking there I'm quite confused.

Also you said xbox exclusive games. None of those are xbox exclusive. Nothing announced was xbox exclusive.

A sub $300 uhd player that plays xbox games. It will sell alot to the AV crowd. It will be the cheapest uhd player out when released. That alone is huge. Streaming 4K is alot different then watching 4k from a disc. 

DannyDesario said:
betacon said:
Is dead rising xbox one only? At no stage did they ever say only xbox one and windows 10.

http://n4g.com/news/1919280/dead-rising-4-will-not-be-coming-to-ps4-will-be-an-xbox-one-console-exclusive

Not on PSQuad, but not Xbox only

So...this is going to sound weird...but I think that's fake. It's smaller than the "Xbox One Exclusive" writting on other games, all of the other games coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 say "Xbox One and Windows 10" where as the DR4 picture on the actual MS page says nothing...

Not saying it won't be exclusive...but I don't think that image is real.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

cmay227 said:
cesarmgc said:
yeah! Sony was in fear!

ArchangelMadzz said:
Xbox One S is groundbreaking? It's still bigger than a standard PS4. PS4 allows 4k video and photo just not by the disc drive. I'm not sure what you mean by groundbreaking there I'm quite confused.

Also you said xbox exclusive games. None of those are xbox exclusive. Nothing announced was xbox exclusive.

A sub $300 uhd player that plays xbox games. It will sell alot to the AV crowd. It will be the cheapest uhd player out when released. That alone is huge. Streaming 4K is alot different then watching 4k from a disc. 

Because 4k blue rays are the hot industry right now?

In the age when everything is going digital? The original Xbox one can't play 4k video digitally as far as I'm aware so that was needed. But again, nothing groundbreaking as the ground has been broken.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

They chose to show games for 2017 and beyond. We already saw plenty of Gran Turismo Sport and No Man's Sky which are coming out in 2016. They should have shown the Gravity Rush 2 trailer though because that's also coming in 2016 and it's looking great. And of course all PSVR games that were previously announced like RIGS and PlayStation VR Worlds are coming out sometimes in 2016. I'm not worried about a lack of games. There's also all those Japanese games from third-party developers. I'm most looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 2.8 myself.

Beeeeecaaaause it's ultimately a subjective opinion, either way? o.o

I mean, I preferred what Sony presented far more, but that's because their stuff just aligns better with my tastes. New Spider-Man game? Yes please! God of War? Sure, enjoyed the previous ones! (And even the style of this one so far is more in my wheelhouse than earlier 'SMASHYSMASHY' installments.) Horizon Zero Dawn still involves robo-dinos that you can apparently sodding RIDE, so the inner child in me squees with delight. And then there's that motorcycle zombie game, which is my least-hyped title of interest because I have a decent, if mild interest in zombies.

Even stuff that I'm not necessarily personally hyped about, I can see the groups it would appeal to. Crash Bandicoot Remake/Remastered/Whatever for the nostalgically inclined. Having Kojima's first independant game come to PS4 first (PC later) is a bit of a feather in their cap given all the talk his split from Konami generated. And to circle back to the spider-Man game, part of the reaction is actually surprise, as folks- myself included- are kind of shocked Sony actually managed to get an IP like Spider-Man for even one exclusive title.

Meanwhile with Microsoft's... well, it pretty much consisted of Dead Rising 4 and Scalebound for me. And even that interest has been dented with the fact that both are (I believe?) coming to PC, which means if anything I'm more convinced to just bite the bullet and build a beefy rig than I am to buy an Xbox One. That also kind of dents any interest I might have in Scorpio, as if I do build a beefy gaming rig, I'm probably not going to have much reason to get a higher-end Xbox anyway. =P

Sure, it might be a longer wait for the stuff Sony showed, but it's a wait for stuff I actually want. And there's going to be plenty to keep me busy in between now and then.

(As an aside, I think part of the expectation might also be that Microsoft has emptied their quiver of announcements more than Sony; traditionally, the latter keeps more in reserve for stuff like Gamescom/Paris Games Show and TGS, given they have a bigger footprint in those respective markets.)

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

LMFAO not it didn't...Not even close! Nintendo even beat the X1 because not only did they show more exclusives than MS, but Zelda is easily the best game at E3!

Thanks for the laugh though.  Everyone knows Sony had the best show.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

shikamaru317 said:

I agree that MS won, but not by a long shot. While Sony showed some good looking games, almost every game they showed didn't have a release date or window attached to it. Almost everything Xbox showed is 2016 or early 2017. Basically MS showed games that release before next E3, while Sony showed games that release after next E3.

Those games that are coming this year have been announced for a long time. They showed 3 new games: Horizon 3, State of Decay, and Dead Rising 4. Four, if you count Gwent, but that's just a standalone version of a minigame. 

I really don't understand how you "win" E3 by showing the same announcements for 2 and 3 years ago, then their release date finally comes around, so you show them again and people say "well, they showed games coming out this year, therefore they won". How did they win E3 2016 with 90% of the same content as E3 2014? E3 is a platform for big, new announcements. Not announcements from 2 years ago, but the game is finally coming out. And the vast majority of their conference was showing games we already knew about, and barely anything new. 

Any pc gamer with windows 10 and no xbox or ps4 would obviously agree that the Microsoft conference was the best, everyone else should be very objective and say both where good but the sony one was better in content and presentation.

Twitter @CyberMalistix