By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox beat Sony E3 by a long shot

LOL, alright, opinions are funny sometimes.

I must say it's odd that the one recurring sticking point I hear is lack of release dates. It's not like Sony has nothing going for it outside of all the new titles shown, nor does the company make a habit of cancelling announced titles.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
BMaker11 said:

Wut? They quite explicitly said it was $300

Not in their website or even Amazon, they only offer you to pre order the 2TB version. The 300$ tag was only for 500GB Xbox One S

The 500GB is $299, they said it "starts at $299".

arcaneguyver said:
LOL, alright, opinions are funny sometimes.

I must say it's odd that the one recurring sticking point I hear is lack of release dates. It's not like Sony has nothing going for it outside of all the new titles shown, nor does the company make a habit of cancelling announced titles.

Right? There's already a metric shit ton of PS4 games that have launched or are launching this year, why wouldn't they show games coming later on?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I really hope M$ sticks with this for e3's going forward. 2-3 years is way too damn long to be waiting for a game. If they announce a title at E3 2016, we should be able to expect it on shelves by Holiday 2017 or earlier -- and that only if they have some legitimate gameplay to show. That really shouldn't be too hard.

Since M$ pretty much skipped out on announcing any new projects this E3, I can hope that anything they announce next year will follow this system. I'm sure they're also saving some big announcements for the true Scorpio unveiling next year.

PS: Where the hell was Crackdown?

Trunkin said:

PS: Where the hell was Crackdown?

Maybe Gamescom?

Around the Network

I can see you are a fanboy as only they would say what the title says. Xbox S is nothing special but does look cool. I have not seen one person on the internet so far excited for Gears 4. And lastly that glorious $299 price for the Xbox S does not come with a controller. Would of made sense if you talked about Scorpio.

I agree. Sony did have a very good show too. There's just not much o be excited about short term from a Sony E3 point of view. Most games shown at the M$ conference were releasing this year. A lot of them in only a few months too.

In no way, shape or form was it by " a long shot". Scorpio for me was the difference. MS is flexing those money filled muscles. They're not leaving the industry despite many hoping thinking they would. Changing the game, really.

DannyDesario said:
betacon said:
Is dead rising xbox one only? At no stage did they ever say only xbox one and windows 10.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/06/13/frank-west-returns-dead-rising-4-coming-holiday-xbox-one-windows-10-pc/

http://n4g.com/news/1919280/dead-rising-4-will-not-be-coming-to-ps4-will-be-an-xbox-one-console-exclusive

Not on PSQuad, but not Xbox only

It seems you didn't read the comments for that n4g one.

lionpetercarmoo said:

I can see you are a fanboy as only they would say what the title says. Xbox S is nothing special but does look cool. I have not seen one person on the internet so far excited for Gears 4. And lastly that glorious $299 price does not come with a controller. Would of made sense if you talked about Scorpio.

I'm sorry, what?

Edit: Yeah it does.

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-S-500GB-Console/dp/B01GW3GY3K/ref=sr_tr_sr_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1465962743&sr=8-2&keywords=Xbox+One+S

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Lets play a game. Gamescom 2016. Sonys conferance - A huge chunk is devoted to Neo. They announce a revised PS4 with 4k streaming capability in a slimmer size. They show half full on multiplats. A large number of games from last year, with a few even being from shows the year before that. They announce a partnership with Steam, where every single exclusive will now be coming to PC. Instead of having all the developers say how super excited they are in the Live from Playstation segment, they drag them all on stage so we can be super excited together. Hands up if you believe the same rules apply in that game.