By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox beat Sony E3 by a long shot

FattyDingDong said:

A lot of people are saying that Playstation E3 was superior because of more games that were shown.. However we know that most of those games don't even have a release date!    By contrast if you look at Xbox exclusive games such as Forza Horizon 3, Gears of war 4, Halo Wars 2, Dead Rising 4 etc. we expect them to come out either this year or maybe next year(latest). Now lets look at the Sony games that will come out this year... Last Guardian is one.. I cant think of another one..   How on earth did Sony "destroy" Xbox.. 

Oh I almost forgot the Xbox One S unveiling which was revolutionary ground breaking i was blown away by how amazing it looks and only starting at 299$? crazy!

shikamaru317 said:

I agree that MS won, but not by a long shot. While Sony showed some good looking games, almost every game they showed didn't have a release date or window attached to it. Almost everything Xbox showed is 2016 or early 2017. Basically MS showed games that release before next E3, while Sony showed games that release after next E3.

Who cares? We get Star Ocean 5 next month which is a 30GB Game. PS4 gets exclusives every month from here on out while Xbox doesnt.

will you make a thread pointing that out too?@OP

The Xbox One S isnt 300$, its 400$. MS doesnt offer any cheaper sku as of now which was shady marketing from them during the conference

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
tinfamous12 said:
I think Microsoft won as well. They hit all the bases: Games, hardware, new features, and services. Sony seemed to have just games and no exciting announcements. I enjoyed the Microsoft exclusives more aside from Days Gone.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have officially entered the Twilight Zone (or Bizarro world. Whichever is more accurate). Where, at a games' conference, showing nothing but games is a "just", and it makes you lose. 

I bet you think they won E3 2013, when Sony showed nothing but games, but MS had "TV, SPORTS, TV, SPORTS!"

As a console manufacturer, I believe you have a duty to show your customers and investors what exciting updates and features are coming to the platform that they play your games on. Sony didnt do that. Microsoft did. I liked that.

Ruler said:
FattyDingDong said:

A lot of people are saying that Playstation E3 was superior because of more games that were shown.. However we know that most of those games don't even have a release date!    By contrast if you look at Xbox exclusive games such as Forza Horizon 3, Gears of war 4, Halo Wars 2, Dead Rising 4 etc. we expect them to come out either this year or maybe next year(latest). Now lets look at the Sony games that will come out this year... Last Guardian is one.. I cant think of another one..   How on earth did Sony "destroy" Xbox.. 

Oh I almost forgot the Xbox One S unveiling which was revolutionary ground breaking i was blown away by how amazing it looks and only starting at 299$? crazy!

shikamaru317 said:

I agree that MS won, but not by a long shot. While Sony showed some good looking games, almost every game they showed didn't have a release date or window attached to it. Almost everything Xbox showed is 2016 or early 2017. Basically MS showed games that release before next E3, while Sony showed games that release after next E3.

Who cares? We get Star Ocean 5 next month which is a 30GB Game. PS4 gets exclusives every month from here on out while Xbox doesnt.

The Xbox One S isnt 300$, its 400$. MS doesnt offer any cheaper sku as of now which was shady marketing from them during the conference

Wut? They quite explicitly said it was $300

ArchangelMadzz said:
cmay227 said:

A sub $300 uhd player that plays xbox games. It will sell alot to the AV crowd. It will be the cheapest uhd player out when released. That alone is huge. Streaming 4K is alot different then watching 4k from a disc. 

Because 4k blue rays are the hot industry right now?

In the age when everything is going digital? The original Xbox one can't play 4k video digitally as far as I'm aware so that was needed. But again, nothing groundbreaking as the ground has been broken.

Xbox one was the first console to support 4k. Watching 4k through Netflix or Hulu or whatever sucks compared to seeing it in HDR off a disc. Bit as usual because Sony didn't do it first  it's no big deal. When Sony put a Blu-ray player in the PS3 that was huge. DVD player in PS2 huge. Xbox one UHD player.....Meh.

FattyDingDong said:

Gravity Rush 2(part of the sizzle reel), GT Sport(sizzle reel), Bound, all of the VR games they showcased are to be released this year. Now if you count the games showcased at the e3 event itself then you'll  have an even LARGER gap in terms of exclusive games releasing between the two platforms. lol

Around the Network

the last guardian and GTS are coming out this year. But why stop there?

Uncharted, the witness, no man's sky.....all games that arent on Xbox are all coming out this year or already have.

And wasn't gears of war first shown in 2014? And isn't Forza a yearly franchise now?

We also know horizon is coming out in the first quater of next year......

How many exclusives has MS released this year so far? because they push everything to the end of the year and release 3/4 games at once doesnt make them good.

lastly, last year from MS we had gears, halo and Forza..... this year we have.......wait for it

gears, halo and Forza.

And wait, it's groundbreaking to reduce the size of an already oversized console with an external power brick that's almost half the size of their nearest competitor? lol, welcome to 2013 I guess. Then again, I guess that kinda thinking says a lot about this thread. 

tinfamous12 said:
BMaker11 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have officially entered the Twilight Zone (or Bizarro world. Whichever is more accurate). Where, at a games' conference, showing nothing but games is a "just", and it makes you lose. 

I bet you think they won E3 2013, when Sony showed nothing but games, but MS had "TV, SPORTS, TV, SPORTS!"

As a console manufacturer, I believe you have a duty to show your customers and investors what exciting updates and features are coming to the platform that they play your games on. Sony didnt do that. Microsoft did. I liked that.

Ok, do that at conferences for that, like when Sony revealed the PS4 or when MS revealed the XBOne. Sony will probably show Neo stuff at PSX. There's also CES. Not that I'm saying that they shouldn't mention these things at all, but don't tell me that, and I reiterate, at a games' conference, you win because you announced customizable controllers, clubs (aka Communities, which PS4 has had for over 8 months, now FYI), and that you don't even need to own the hardware that the conference is dedicated to, to play its games. That's kind of ridiculous. 

That's like MS announcing an actual Conkers remake or a new entry, and Sony "wins" because they say "you can now add friends list for games with cross play and chat with PC players". Ok, neat. That doesn't trump games at a games' conference, though. 

Xbox scored a 9

Forza Horzion 3 was probaly best showing of any game at the show. Gran Turismo what? I forgot already.

Gears OF War 4 visuals just made me imagine what is possible with Project Scorpio. It is scary to even think about.

Best Microsoft E3 imo.

Playstation scored a 8.5

God Of War and Horizon looked amazing.

The PSVR stuff looks awful as always.

The Orchestra was out of place.

BMaker11 said:
tinfamous12 said:

Ok, do that at conferences for that, like when Sony revealed the PS4 or when MS revealed the XBOne. Sony will probably show Neo stuff at PSX. There's also CES. Not that I'm saying that they shouldn't mention these things at all, but don't tell me that, and I reiterate, at a games' conference, you win because you announced customizable controllers, clubs (aka Communities, which PS4 has had for over 8 months, now), and that you don't even need to own the hardware that the conference is dedicated to, to play its games. That's kind of ridiculous. 

That's like MS announcing an actual Conkers remake or a new entry, and Sony "wins" because they say "you can now add friends list for games with cross play and chat with PC players". Ok, neat. That doesn't trump games at a games' conference, though. 

It's fine that you dont like it, but I prefer the way Microsoft does its conferences. I like to hear about the features, I like to hear about the hardware, I like it all in one place. Microsoft doesnt need to do an entirely new conference for the Xbox One S. Maybe for Scorpio, but that wouldnt be until next year. I like that they show games, hardware, and features in one place.

BMaker11 said:
Ruler said:

Wut? They quite explicitly said it was $300

Not in their website or even Amazon, they only offer you to pre order the 2TB version. The 300$ tag was only for 500GB Xbox One S