By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox beat Sony E3 by a long shot

Tmfwang said:
Lets all remember that XO still hasnt had a single exclusive game yet this year, and it never will

Its had Colbalt which is a platform exclusive 360/xb1/pc.

They also had QB which is a console exclusive.  MS isnt competing with PC as long as their games come to pc/xb1 its a console exclusive. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

It's a sweet deal but it is not groundbreaking as that medium is already dying. Being able to play 4k hdr video digitally I'd a must and if you can throw in the drive then sure do it. But 4k blu ray and blu ray in general isn't a burning hot industry. Most people consume 4k content digitally.

I agree to an extent and Im certainly digital only, I will remain consistent on that.  But demand clearly exists otherwise sony and samsung wouldnt have spent millions developing and launching SUHD HDR players (That now cost more than an xbox one S).  Hell, on here everyone screams blue murder about digital only, but I guess that will change now too. Funny.

You also have to remember you can't use this site as a representative sample due to the high levels of Nintendo and low levels of Xbox support. 

Of course they're going to make them to support the medium as it exists as people will buy them but their profit and sales expectations cannot be sky high. Its a shame Sony us charging an ungodly amount of money for their 4k movie service. 

Whenever I buy a 4k TV it'll be used for 4k netflix/prime, yYouTube and maybe some gaming if I get a new GPU. 

If it was the DVD era where DVDs were massive and everyone wanted one, having the first affording DVD player in your system would be groundbreaking but I can't see jt making much of an impact or being used as much as 4k netflix. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

xbox didnt show off any new games... no wow factor and none are exclusive to the console anymore. to me they shot themselves in the foot, there is no reason to own their console anymore. Im just gonna use my PC from now on and sell the box. New console is nice looking but its a little too late for me

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

FattyDingDong said:

Oh I almost forgot the Xbox One S unveiling which was revolutionary ground breaking i was blown away by how amazing it looks and only starting at 299$? crazy!

So this was indeed a joke thread.

cutzman25 said:
xbox didnt show off any new games... no wow factor and none are exclusive to the console anymore. to me they shot themselves in the foot, there is no reason to own their console anymore. Im just gonna use my PC from now on and sell the box. New console is nice looking but its a little too late for me

Dead rising, state of decay 2 are new games they showed. Also most of the games are still console exclusives. Ms is ok with you using your PC to play their games. You're still giving them money.

Around the Network

Playstation beat the crap out of the Xbox One at E3 imo.

I agree 100% with you, but you know the userbase of the site

They basically made a way that allows people who don't own an Xbox to still buying their games, but on PC.. you know.. that's owned by Microsoft.

If Sony did this with their games, people would change their tone to "HAHAHA! SONY WON BY ALLOWING US TO PLAY THEIR GAMES ON PC!!" rather than "So whats the point of buying the PS4 if I can just play their games on PC?" ...

Areal-Llort said:

They basically made a way that allows people who don't own an Xbox to still buying their games, but on PC.. you know.. that's owned by Microsoft.

If Sony did this with their games, people would change their tone to "HAHAHA! SONY WON BY ALLOWING US TO PLAY THEIR GAMES ON PC!!" rather than "So whats the point of buying the PS4 if I can just play their games on PC?" ...

PC is owned by Microsoft? Holy shit, I missed that memo somehow. How does that work exactly? :D

As any given year, Xbox crowd will claim they won E3, Sony crowd will say they won and Nintendo as well...

In the end let's just look at the sales numbers after E3 and see who really had any impact.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."