By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More new God of War info

naruball said:
HintHRO said:
Why does every Sony exclusive need to have a companion that undergoes cliche emotional changes. We already have The Last of Us for that. I also don't like the hack and slash gameplay being taken out and the over the shoulder camera. Different but bad decisions were made.

Define "every".

A lot of PS exclusives: Last of Us, Uncharted, Days Gone, The Last Guardian and new even God of War. They all have a buddy besides them which they can discuss their emotional feelings with, it is getting tiring. Imagine that you have to babysit the Little One in the new Bayonetta game instead of epic scale combo rich gameplay. 

Around the Network

Everything sounds good to me except the new voice of Kratos. I don't like it. :/

HintHRO said:
naruball said:

Define "every".

A lot of PS exclusives: Last of Us, Uncharted, Days Gone, The Last Guardian and new even God of War. They all have a buddy besides them which they can discuss their emotional feelings with, it is getting tiring. Imagine that you have to babysit the Little One in the new Bayonetta game instead of epic scale combo rich gameplay. 

So in other words, not "every". Not even most. Just too many for your liking (which is fine, if stated as such).

This is the first God of War game that I really want to play, and that's all thanks to what little gameplay we saw at e3. Though, I'm not all that keen on running around with a kid all the time, but on the other hand, it was their interaction that got me intrigued in the game to start with: it shows that Kratos has grown as a character.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

GribbleGrunger said:
Swordmasterman said:
What a shame, his son don't even know how to shoot and he will follow Kratos throught all the journey ?.

Didn't you see his son get experience points?

I hope that the kid will not kill Kratos before getting enought Exp to help Kratos.

Around the Network

I just noticed something very interesting after watching the GOW demo again. As the camera pans around to show you the dev who'd been playing it, you see another guy sitting next to him who's clapping, but beside him is another active controller. Would it perhaps have co-op? One plays Kratos while the other plays his son?

https://youtu.be/GwofRzkROo4?t=44m31s

The PS5 Exists. 

nvm

AbbathTheGrim said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Not sure why they're attached to Kratos. Makes NO sense to have him in another mythology. Also they could have a new character to explore. Missed opportunity imo and I'm less interested because of his inclusion. This coming from a guy who has gotten 7 platinums from GoW over the years.

Kratos moves to Northern Europe after GOWIII he will obviously have to deal with Norse mythology.

If you don't want Kratos, well, that is your business.

I am up for more Kratos and this Kratos seems to head towards becoming more human and less of a destruction machine.

the greek gods ruled the whole world before though!  Norse gods or any other gods were never mentioned by anyone and it was presented as a worldwide scale such as the oceans rising and all the dead going to Hades.  So every time Kratos kills a set of gods new ones will come in?

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Kratos moves to Northern Europe after GOWIII he will obviously have to deal with Norse mythology.

If you don't want Kratos, well, that is your business.

I am up for more Kratos and this Kratos seems to head towards becoming more human and less of a destruction machine.

the greek gods ruled the whole world before though!  Norse gods or any other gods were never mentioned by anyone and it was presented as a worldwide scale such as the oceans rising and all the dead going to Hades.  So every time Kratos kills a set of gods new ones will come in?

The way I see it, and think would be more convenient to Santa Monica on the long run, is to limit the scope of the reaches of gods to a geographical affair.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

The way I see it, and think would be more convenient to Santa Monica on the long run, is to limit the scope of the reaches of gods to a geographical affair.

I dunno this could get awfully redundant and weird if Kratos just keeps questing around to kill different groups of Gods.  Also it's like "hey I already killed Zeus and Odin how much more powerful could Ra be?" because he's already killed the mightiest.  I think it would be great to have a brother of Thor be betrayed by him or something and prompt a new story in the same vein but with enough differences that it doesn't get tired.  Oh well at least I know they'll bring great hack n' slash it just gets me less excited knowing it'll be Kratos forced into another mythology because he's the main character of all the religions now :(

I am Iron Man