By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More new God of War info

From what I've seen in the gameplay sequence, I'm more than glad to see the kid stay. The dynamic between him and Kratos is pristine. It humanizes Kratos and toughens the kid.

But shoulder camera... I don't like playing a character up too close, derives my attention from the environment :-/

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

The way I see it, and think would be more convenient to Santa Monica on the long run, is to limit the scope of the reaches of gods to a geographical affair.

I dunno this could get awfully redundant and weird if Kratos just keeps questing around to kill different groups of Gods.  Also it's like "hey I already killed Zeus and Odin how much more powerful could Ra be?" because he's already killed the mightiest.  I think it would be great to have a brother of Thor be betrayed by him or something and prompt a new story in the same vein but with enough differences that it doesn't get tired.  Oh well at least I know they'll bring great hack n' slash it just gets me less excited knowing it'll be Kratos forced into another mythology because he's the main character of all the religions now :(

I think the gameplay that Santa Monica is known for should be enough to have you excited :)

Also Cory Barlog said that it will still have epic set pieces and boss fights but they chose not to show that because that is expected from God of War.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

The way I see it, and think would be more convenient to Santa Monica on the long run, is to limit the scope of the reaches of gods to a geographical affair.

I dunno this could get awfully redundant and weird if Kratos just keeps questing around to kill different groups of Gods.  Also it's like "hey I already killed Zeus and Odin how much more powerful could Ra be?" because he's already killed the mightiest.  I think it would be great to have a brother of Thor be betrayed by him or something and prompt a new story in the same vein but with enough differences that it doesn't get tired.  Oh well at least I know they'll bring great hack n' slash it just gets me less excited knowing it'll be Kratos forced into another mythology because he's the main character of all the religions now :(

To be fair we don't know yet what is the approach to these new gods in the upcoming GOW. We don't know yet what is the explanation behind Kratos new enemies, we don't even know who they are.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1