By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More new God of War info

cesarmgc said:
Will be an aventure like uncharted? or "Semi-Open world"? I though he said (Balrog) about that and was "not open world" but big scale exploration...

The term that Sony hae used (since TLOU) is 'open linear'. Open enough to fullfill a sense of exploration but linear enough to have tighter narrative control.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

What a shame, his son don't even know how to shoot and he will follow Kratos throught all the journey ?.

Definitly need to see more. One thing that really bothered me last night about Sony's games was that they all look and feel the same. Horizon, Days Gone, and God of War, all look to similar.

At this point I really hope Naughty Dog is not working on the Last Of Us 2, because it would be to much of the same.

Hopefully, come next year at E3 we will see the seperation between all of these games, and GOW will have epic GOW style battles. I'm just gonna chalk it up as to early to tell.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

...forget God of War with The Last of Us combat, this is just TLOU Viking Edition.

The thing i find most interesting is that it "will have no load screens, no cinematics, no fades to black". That's a really difficult narrative style to effectively pull-off when you're dealing with a confined story (which GoW likely will be). I find that both exciting, and worrying :p

You can't say they're not taking a lot of risks, that's for sure.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
If its like in TLOU, I don't mind the kid tagging along.

Yeah i remember loathing the idea when i first heard about it in TLOU, but i ended up loving that game. Also the last minute of the new GOW video had more emotion and feel than all the previous GOW games combined. Kratos dropping his toughness for a few seconds and almost comforting his son really felt kind off special.

i dont see the problem here. Having an NPC follow me arpujf to add depth to what would have otherwise been a mindless rage fest is fine by me as long as i dont ever see a game over screen because of said NPC.

And gamers are too quick to judge, the first ever showing of TLoU and Demon souls was met with the exact same lame criticism from gsmers very quick to stereotype games and dismiss them all forgetting the core part of any game is actually playing it.

sounds like a power action version of TLOU...

perhaps this will be The Last oF Kratos...

Honestly, not having the kid along for the journey after that gameplay trailer wouldn't have made sense. Kratos is learning how to balance his anger and control his emotions, and he is ready to put his anger and pride on standby to be the father he wasn't allowed to be while being a slave to the Gods.

It's obvious the kid will primarily play a support role while Kratos is still the primary focus in combat. Getting more involved in combat will be his growth, from not being able to kill a stag on his own or strike the killing blow against a troll, to being able to make decisions that matter and turn into the well reasoned warrior Kratos wants him to be.

As for the axe, something had to be done. Freeing himself from the Gods means he freed himself from his chains. His chains were the Blades of Chaos, Athena, and Exile. Without those, the fixed camera angles and erratic, crazy chained blade combos wouldn't be possible. They had been experimenting with other weapons for Kratos to wield throughout the games, and it seems like they found a fit that required a new camera to really fully utilize it.

What matters is that the game is still a brutal action gore fest. If it can pull that off and fulfill developer ambitions, it will do just fine.

Zekkyou said:
The thing i find most interesting is that it "will have no load screens, no cinematics, no fades to black". That's a really difficult narrative style to effectively pull-off when you're dealing with a confined story (which GoW likely will be). I find that both exciting, and worrying :p

You can't say they're not taking a lot of risks, that's for sure.

You watched the reveal right? remember the part where he does the spartan rage or fury thing then that transitions to where he gets arrowed by his son?

yh, no cimematics or fades to black isnt going to be a problem at all.

and yes, they are taking risks.... i love them for that.