By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More new God of War info

Intrinsic said:
Zekkyou said:
The thing i find most interesting is that it "will have no load screens, no cinematics, no fades to black". That's a really difficult narrative style to effectively pull-off when you're dealing with a confined story (which GoW likely will be). I find that both exciting, and worrying :p

You can't say they're not taking a lot of risks, that's for sure.

You watched the reveal right? remember the part where he does the spartan rage or fury thing then that transitions to where he gets arrowed by his son?

yh, no cimematics or fades to black isnt going to be a problem at all.

and yes, they are taking risks.... i love them for that. 

That is what I would define as a cinematic, but maybe my definition is a bit off. Still pretty cool, though. I dunno if I can think of a game that's handled cutscenes entirely this way before, except Bioshock...maybe? I can't really remember.

OT: After my initial, "YOU SONS OF BITCHES!" reaction, I went back and looked at the game again. It looks better than I originally thought. It seems to resemble Ryse a bit, which I would call a beat-em-up, of sorts. It's not been turned into Dark Souls, as I'd feared originally. The kid isn't an annoying little twit, either, so that's nice.

Still don't care for the camera angle, though, but they probably did it to more smoothly transition between gameplay and cutscenes.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Zekkyou said:
The thing i find most interesting is that it "will have no load screens, no cinematics, no fades to black". That's a really difficult narrative style to effectively pull-off when you're dealing with a confined story (which GoW likely will be). I find that both exciting, and worrying :p

You can't say they're not taking a lot of risks, that's for sure.

You watched the reveal right? remember the part where he does the spartan rage or fury thing then that transitions to where he gets arrowed by his son?

I was referring to the general narrative, not specific gameplay sections. If they're implying what i'm thinking off, then they're giving up their ability to easily progress the story through narrative skips. That requires them to come up with interesting content not only where major story points take place, but everywhere between too. That can be challenging.

I wasn't complaining, if they can pull it off it'll be awesome (the previous GoWs played with a lite version of this, and it was cool then too). I was just acknowledging that it's difficult to do well, so i'm worried as well as excited. 

Not sure why they're attached to Kratos. Makes NO sense to have him in another mythology. Also they could have a new character to explore. Missed opportunity imo and I'm less interested because of his inclusion. This coming from a guy who has gotten 7 platinums from GoW over the years.

I am Iron Man

Trunkin said:
Intrinsic said:

That is what I would define as a cinematic, but maybe my definition is a bit off. Still pretty cool, though. I dunno if I can think of a game that's handled cutscenes entirely this way before, except Bioshock...maybe? I can't really remember.

OT: After my initial, "YOU SONS OF BITCHES!" reaction, I went back and looked at the game again. It looks better than I originally thought. It seems to resemble Ryse a bit, which I would call a beat-em-up, of sorts. It's not been turned into Dark Souls, as I'd feared originally. The kid isn't an annoying little twit, either, so that's nice.

Still don't care for the camera angle, though, but they probably did it to more smoothly transition between gameplay and cutscenes.

I would too, but i think they're referring to what many of us would call a cut-scene. 

Zekkyou said:
Trunkin said:

I would too, but i think they're referring to what many of us would call a cut-scene. 

lol, yeah. I just realised that after making my post.

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Not sure why they're attached to Kratos. Makes NO sense to have him in another mythology. Also they could have a new character to explore. Missed opportunity imo and I'm less interested because of his inclusion. This coming from a guy who has gotten 7 platinums from GoW over the years.

Kratos moves to Northern Europe after GOWIII he will obviously have to deal with Norse mythology.

If you don't want Kratos, well, that is your business.

I am up for more Kratos and this Kratos seems to head towards becoming more human and less of a destruction machine.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

This game shouldn't exist....

KLXVER said:
If its like in TLOU, I don't mind the kid tagging along.                                     

Concur KLX-San. I agree that such a dynamic definitely could further improve upon the GoW formula if done correctly.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Well now I definitely will have to see more before I decide on this. I just need to confirm two or three things before I am hyped :).

I feel like they will tone down the game to be too mainstream atm.

Bristow9091 said:
... And here I was hoping his son was going to die and that would be the tipping point that makes him become his angry ol' self and start killing new gods, lol.

Didn't actually notice the voice actor change to be honest, thought he was just talking in a normal tone rather than shouting every sentence, lol.

Either way, I'm not sure how I feel about the changes, and I certainly don't like the idea of having the kid with you throughout the whole game...

Kratos is going to die one way or another either at the end of this one or beginning of next one, if not in between this and the next. His son is going to be the next main character.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.