By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A sneak peek at the new design

Nautilus said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Great job on the mobile version.

Not really a fan of sales being on the left side though. VGChartz is mainly a sales site so Sales should be in the front and center imo. Awesome job none the less!

Actually people in general when they first glance at the creen, the first part they usually see is the upper left corner.So this redesign actually puts the sales up and front!

Really? Cause I always look at the center... And virtually every site puts their main things in the center as far as I am aware and not on the left side.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Looking awesome but I have 2 issues right now.
1. All of the VGChartz Buddy icons are grey. How am I supposed to know which one has unread posts.
2. Once I move away from the new homepage there is no way back to it without manually typing it in every time.

Will we be able to put the sales bar in the middle? Kinda seems silly to not have sales be the main thing about a sales site's homepage :S

Edit: Damn Jizz, you beat me to it :P

ktay95 said:
Looking awesome but I have 2 issues right now.
1. All of the VGChartz Buddy icons are grey. How am I supposed to know which one has unread posts.
2. Once I move away from the new homepage there is no way back to it without manually typing it in every time.

Both those things should be fixed once Trucks has the complete forum working on the new design.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I love it! Thank you! :)

Around the Network

*looks at mobile version screenshot*

Niiiiiice!!! :D

"the site is fully responsive so you can play around with your browser width and the site will adapt automatically to it."

Best news.

Thanks a lot.

The rest of the features are exciting too. But responsive websites are the best thing since the first iPhone.

Really looking forward to this. Thanks again, Trucks

That looks pretty damn cool, at the moment I've no clue how to access the "Buddy" with the mobile version of this and the adverts cause entering text to have about 2 secs of lag per character if they are running on page, often having to reload to get an advert that plays nice so I can actually post from mobile.

Looking good though!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Captain_Yuri said:
Nautilus said:

Actually people in general when they first glance at the creen, the first part they usually see is the upper left corner.So this redesign actually puts the sales up and front!

Really? Cause I always look at the center... And virtually every site puts their main things in the center as far as I am aware and not on the left side.

Yeah, there is actually a research that proves it.Of course not everyone does this, but it is most.As far as I know, its because of western writing, since we are acostumed to read from left to right, starting from top.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1