By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers angry over Watch Dogs 2's Black Protaganist

Meh, Aiden was a boring character.

Around the Network

sundin13 said:
Is this really news? 90% of that thread is trolling and shitposting...This is not a problem with "gamers". Its like, one guy being racist and a few more being trolls. Thats it.

Well, the person who wrote the op clearly has an agenda and they clearly used the thread as a catalyst to push that agenda. I have to believe treygone was a parody.

“Look at the demographics of San Fran it would be more plausible if I played as a homo or an asian than some random black dude,” user MentholFox complained. “Considering they make up 6% of the population in SanFran fam.”

The blind hate is strong with this one.

shikamaru317 said:

I give zero shits about the character being black, I like seeing a bit more diversity in games. What I do care about is the fact that he and his 2 friends on the cover all dress like hipster douches. Couldn't you come up with better clothes Ubisoft?

Well it is San Francisco lol.

DoctorHorrible said:
REDZONE said:

How did you assume I didn't?You think a black man being wrongfully jailed and starts hacking as revenge links his background to BLM?I think anybody white or black would love revenge.Not true?

I know you didn't read it. Because if you did you'd know why the person you quoted brings it up. The OP literally suggests it's perfect background for Marcus.

Well you're as wrong as a ball because I did read the OP.He said he doesn't mind playing as a black character but he does want to go the the road of BLM,to which I said (don't care if the op thinks it's a perfect background)the game isn't about BLM,so he doesn't have to worry.And I know it's the OP's opinion that it would fit perfectly.

AND to add I think the article is full of shit and clearly pushing an agenda.

Around the Network

Please instead of "gamers" say idiots or racist people .. because honestly they do not speak for us.

Normchacho said:
I've been saying this for a while, and I'll say it again. People who put all of this effort into fighting "political correctness" and "SJWs" are actually the bigger problem. You're not fighting for freedom of expression, you're being an asshole and you need to stop.

So political correctness is always correct? Oh I can only wonder...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Should have been an Asian character or Aiden. Black dude was shoehorn in. If it was NY, Detroit or Chicago them I'd understand.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

REDZONE said:
DoctorHorrible said:

I know you didn't read it. Because if you did you'd know why the person you quoted brings it up. The OP literally suggests it's perfect background for Marcus.

Well you're as wrong as a ball because I did read the OP.He said he doesn't mind playing as a black character but he does want to go the the road of BLM,to which I said (don't care if the op thinks it's a perfect background)the game isn't about BLM,so he doesn't have to worry.And I know it's the OP's opinion that it would fit perfectly.

AND to add I think the article is full of shit and clearly pushing an agenda.

In some parts of the country BLM has a VERY REAL purpose. Then you have the ones like we have in Minneapolis that purposefully cause traffic jams for no reason.

Last year they purposefully walled off the state fair gates to protest the number of white vendors. The thing is, that the licensing committee stamps approvals without any form if demographics. The fair committee even went as far as offering them multiple free booths so that they could get get their word out.... but they literally replied that they wanted to impeed the fair.

Point is, while BLM may serve some valid purpose... I'm sick of dealing with it (specifically the morons in Minnesota where racism is comparably low). I don't want this shit in my video game.

We now have a Watch Dogs protagonist which is much more deep and with more personality than Aiden Pierce, yet people bash him because of his race? Why is this such a big deal? Who makes this such a big deal?