By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers angry over Watch Dogs 2's Black Protaganist

Idk, I liked how Marcus looked. True, they wasted a chance to use a gay or Asian character -given the setting- but his design is fine.

Around the Network
celador said:
I don't agree with people who have a problem with it, but I also don't agree with the idea that a non-white character automatically makes them interesting as is so often suggested.

It's even suggested in the op. I had to roll my eyes when I saw that. Like it was because Aiden was white that the game got boring and not the developers

On one hand I agree that an Asian dude would probably be more fitting as a San Francisco hacker and would be cool to see. This guy isn't awesome, but isn't bad either, I think he looks cooler than WD1 protagonist. I hope that this choice is actually reflected in the plot and setting of the game, has its consequences and impact (like in San Andreas) and isn't just a random choice of race.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
On one hand I agree that an Asian dude would probably be more fitting as a San Francisco hacker and would be cool to see. This guy isn't awesome, but isn't bad either, I think he looks cooler than WD1 protagonist. I hope that this choice is actually reflected in the plot and setting of the game, has its consequences and impact (like in San Andreas) and isn't just a random choice of race.

But then you have to hear about all the outrage it's getting from playing out the stereotyping of Asians from sjws

Normchacho said:
I've been saying this for a while, and I'll say it again. People who put all of this effort into fighting "political correctness" and "SJWs" are actually the bigger problem. You're not fighting for freedom of expression, you're being an asshole and you need to stop.

I disagree, both the so-called SJW's and anti-SJW's are equally "problematic" in my opinion. Neither side wants freedom of expression, what they want is the world to conform into how they think the world should be and "fuck everyone who disagree"

Around the Network

This whole debate is stupid. The skin colour of a game character is a complete non-issue, which really shouldn't matter to anyone. How about waiting until the game is released before judging the character. The whole argument for not having a black main character just sounds like people trying desperately to find something to complain about. It's not like the main character from the first game was that interesting or memorable either.

I don't care that the lead is black. I just don't want to deal with the likely BLM themes that his back story could lead to.

A thread populated by racists and homophobes is newsworthy now?

One crummy thread on Steam does not a trend or movement make.

The overwhelming majority of video game fans don't care about playing as someone who's white, black, blue, or orange. Or male or female. Or human or alien or robot.

As a side note, I am past the point of exhaustion over this mind-numbingly stupid non-war between the proudly politically-incorrect and those who use the medium as a political cudgel.

sabvre42 said:
I don't care that the lead is black. I just don't want to deal with the likely BLM themes that his back story could lead to.

It would ruin your day that much?

sabvre42 said:

Wtf would his background likely lead to BLM?Because he's black?Did you play the first game and see why he started hacking?Did you think it would of likely been from a background with WLM?Smh.