By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers angry over Watch Dogs 2's Black Protaganist

Scisca said:
On one hand I agree that an Asian dude would probably be more fitting as a San Francisco hacker and would be cool to see. This guy isn't awesome, but isn't bad either, I think he looks cooler than WD1 protagonist. I hope that this choice is actually reflected in the plot and setting of the game, has its consequences and impact (like in San Andreas) and isn't just a random choice of race.

How much would his race impact the story really? How do you "reflect" the choice of race in the story?

Seems like a pretty minor detail to me really...

Around the Network

It does make you wonder why male protagonist are always white or black.

I read the first 30 comments in the thread. It was only really two people and I have to believe treygone was a parody account. He was saying he was a history teacher and the Jews are to blame fore history being taught incorrectly...

REDZONE said:
sabvre42 said:
I don't care that the lead is black. I just don't want to deal with the likely BLM themes that his back story could lead to.

Wtf would his background likely lead to BLM?Because he's black?Did you play the first game and see why he started hacking?Did you think it would of likely been from a background with WLM?Smh.

I spot the person who didn't read the op. .

Dang, all these years later and a friggin' digital character can't even catch a break. Shows just how far we've come.

Around the Network

Replacing the most bland, boring white protagonist of quite some time with anything else in a franchise called Watch_Dog S - emphasis on the damned plural, here - is just good sense, not pandering to typical SJW bullshit.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
A thread populated by racists and homophobes is newsworthy now?

One crummy thread on Steam does not a trend or movement make.

The overwhelming majority of video game fans don't care about playing as someone who's white, black, blue, or orange. Or male or female. Or human or alien or robot.

As a side note, I am past the point of exhaustion over this mind-numbingly stupid non-war between the proudly politically-incorrect and those who use the medium as a political cudgel.

Well, if 6% of the population in San Francisco is black, then there was a 6% chance that this protagonist would be black in the first place.

DoctorHorrible said:
REDZONE said:

Wtf would his background likely lead to BLM?Because he's black?Did you play the first game and see why he started hacking?Did you think it would of likely been from a background with WLM?Smh.

I spot the person who didn't read the op. .

How did you assume I didn't?You think a black man being wrongfully jailed and starts hacking as revenge links his background to BLM?I think anybody white or black would love revenge.Not true?

S.Peelman said:
Well, if 6% of the population in San Francisco is black, then there was a 6% chance that this protagonist would be black in the first place.

Lol, don't listen to the Op. It clearly has an agenda "blm fits perfectly" "video game makes should be more interested in telling stories of black people getting pushed out of SF" and it goes on to make over exaggerated claims such as "hundreds of posters." It really was one guy who made the thread making bad arguments along with another that I had to assume was a parody account. The thread had numerous people defending the main character