By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Florida Pulse gay club attacked.

even if he is muslim it isnt certain its a terrorist act , according to some newspaper the guy who did this was a homofobe

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Barkley said:

Do you get searched upon entering Chicago???? Not being allowed to own guns in Chicago is irrelevant when you can get them elsewhere in the states. Until the whole Country is a gun free zone gun crime won't stop. A "gun free" zone is irrelevant when you can just grab a fire arm outside that zone and bring it in.

Keep dreaming then. There are more guns in the United States than people (over 350 million last statistic I read.) To believe they can all (or even a considerable number) can be eliminated takes a another level of naivety. 

Exactly, it's probably too late to do anything about it, Here in the UK we've had only 3 massacres since 1996. One school shooting, one mass shooting and a terrorist attack.

Meanwhile in america there are multiple school shootings each year. After the school shooting in 1996 in the UK we banned the ownership of handguns and there's not been one since, 96 is the only UK school shooting I can find in history.

Barkley said:
ZoneDaiatlas said:

No we don't.  Here's a novelty of an idea.  How about we enforce gun laws and stiffer penalties on gun crimes?   I'm from Chicago and we have one of the strictest gun control laws in the nation.  Did Chicago's strictest gun laws stop the mass killings in Chicago?  Nope, It only punishes law bidding citizens from legally owning a firearm which is a constitutional right.  For decades you couldn't even own a gun in Chicago.  Did it stop the mass killings in Chicago then?  Nope!  I see all these mass shootings in "Gun Free Zones" on TV, which is a form of Gun Control by the way.  Did that deter an A-Hole or the current Islamic A-Hole from mass killing?  Nope, If we really want to have serious talk about gun crimes in this country.  We might want to start looking into enforcing the current laws and stiffer punishments in gun crimes. I personally believe if you take a life with a gun you should get the death penalty.   And maybe have a more serious talk about the poor communities in big citites like Chicago and LA, and how we need to get them out of poverty instead of prison or dead.  That's my opinion, you can agree to disagree with me on this....

Do you get searched upon entering Chicago???? Not being allowed to own guns in Chicago is irrelevant when you can get them elsewhere in the states. Until the whole Country is a gun free zone gun crime won't stop. A "gun free" zone is irrelevant when you can just grab a fire arm outside that zone and bring it in.

I'm going to get crucified for saying this, but oh well...  "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  There are many interpretations of Benjamin Franklin famous quote, but to me.  I would not give up my right to own a firearm.

EricFabian said:
I know you think have a gun somehow would make the world a better place, but think with me: If you have a gun and kill a murderer, what you become? A murderer.

And yes, I saw probably was terrorism, but more guns won't stop people dying

"Murderer" =/= "killer"; one is a defined legally, the other not. A person who kills somebody else out of self-defense is a "killer" but not a "murderer." 

To all of those saying this is a terrorist attack, okay, great! Say it's a terrorist attack (even though his parents are saying it was a hate crime and that their son had extreme dislike of gays), but lets ask this, was Sandy Hook a terrorist attack? Were all the movie theater shootings a terrorist attack? Was Columbine? Was Virginia Tech? Was UCLA? The list goes on and on and on! Lets be real here.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
EricFabian said:
I know you think have a gun somehow would make the world a better place, but think with me: If you have a gun and kill a murderer, what you become? A murderer.

And yes, I saw probably was terrorism, but more guns won't stop people dying

"Murderer" =/= "killer"; one is a defined legally, the other not. A person who kills somebody else out of self-defense is a "killer" but not a "murderer." 

english is not my native langauge, but I think you understood my point

Click HERE and be happy 

Barkley said:

And Donald Trump wants to stop Muslims coming into the country, I think america has much more problems with security then that. Jesus.

20 people shot, and people are against gun control.

Unfortunately it looks like it was a muslim. Whose family had migrated to the country.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/omar-mateen-orlando-gay-club-shooter-identified-by-police-us-media-a7077936.html

Naum said:

even if he is muslim it isnt certain its a terrorist act , according to some newspaper the guy who did this was a homofobe

I think that still counts as terrorism. Terrorism is usually defined as the killing of innocents for some political purpose. It's a different political purpose than the one that's usually called terrorism, but it's still a political purpose.

tinfamous12 said:
To all of those saying this is a terrorist attack, okay, great! Say it's a terrorist attack (even though his parents are saying it was a hate crime and that their son had extreme dislike of gays), but lets ask this, was Sandy Hook a terrorist attack? Were all the movie theater shootings a terrorist attack? Was Columbine? Was Virginia Tech? Was UCLA? The list goes on and on and on! Lets be real here.

Well I called it an terrorist attack because a couple of hours ago they called it an act of terror.  If this is an ideological attack it is also considered an Terrorist attack. 

EricFabian said:
sc94597 said:

english is not my native langauge, but I think you understood my point

Well I wanted to make it clear, because most people don't have problems with certain types of "killers", particularly those who kill in the defense of oneself or others, but most (and all normal) people have problems with all "murderers." I understand though, the differences can be quite subtle, but they make a big difference nevertheless. 

I think you made two points though, correct me if I am wrong. The first is that you are a killer if you kill a potential murderer, which I don't see as a wrong thing in this context. 

The other point is that more guns won't help this. I agree, more guns won't help this. But I don't think fewer will help either. The problem here has nothing to do with guns, and much to do with radicalism and extremist views against the liberal western world. 

curl-6 said:
I'm so glad I don't live in the US.
The level of violence over there is truly frightening.

A vast majority of muders is gang related. So if you ignore those idiots killing each, our murder and crime rate is significantly lower. Hence, stay out of gang infested areas.

This club thing seems to be terrorism, so thats a unique problem thanks to a group overseas.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)