By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Florida Pulse gay club attacked.

So now that this turned out to be a terrorist attack, does Europe also have a "violence" problem, considering there have been some high-scale bombings and shootings by terrorists lately?

Of course the thread is predictable as ever. Europeans who have never lived here or been here lecturing us on our homicide rates without considering the causing effects(war on drugs) and distribution (inner city ghettos.)

The guy had higly illegal explosives strapped to himself. What kind of gun control would help? How did gun control help in Paris?

Around the Network

double post

ZoneDaiatlas said:
tinfamous12 said:
20 people dead, and 45 injured, and all they wanted was to go out and have fun. We need gun control.

No we don't.  Here's a novelty of an idea.  How about we enforce gun laws and stiffer penalties on gun crimes?   I'm from Chicago and we have one of the strictest gun control laws in the nation.  Did Chicago's strictest gun laws stop the mass killings in Chicago?  Nope, It only punishes law bidding citizens from legally owning a firearm which is a constitutional right.  For decades you couldn't even own a gun in Chicago.  Did it stop the mass killings in Chicago then?  Nope!  I see all these mass shootings in "Gun Free Zones" on TV, which is a form of Gun Control by the way.  Did that deter an A-Hole or the current Islamic A-Hole from mass killing?  Nope, If we really want to have serious talk about gun crimes in this country.  We might want to start looking into enforcing the current laws and stiffer punishments in gun crimes. I personally believe if you take a life with a gun you should get the death penalty.   And maybe have a more serious talk about the poor communities in big citites like Chicago and LA, and how we need to get them out of poverty instead of prison or dead.  That's my opinion, you can agree to disagree with me on this....

Over 50 people just died within a 20 foot radius of each other because of a man and his assualt rifle, and you can really say we dont need gun control? This area of Orlando is not a poor area either, this is not a result of poverty, this is a result of someone being able to easily buy something who shouldnt be able to. Sure there are law abiding citizens who are responsible with their firearms, but sometimes you have to take things away for the greater good. People just lost their children, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, spouses, and all we can say is "It may be an act of terrorism"? I'll bet he bought the guns in Florida, with cold hard cash. It's too easy for people to have guns, and we need to put a stop to it. Just my opinion. You cant even go out to celebrate, or watch a movie, or send your kids to school now without worries of something happening.

tinfamous12 said:
ZoneDaiatlas said:

No we don't.  Here's a novelty of an idea.  How about we enforce gun laws and stiffer penalties on gun crimes?   I'm from Chicago and we have one of the strictest gun control laws in the nation.  Did Chicago's strictest gun laws stop the mass killings in Chicago?  Nope, It only punishes law bidding citizens from legally owning a firearm which is a constitutional right.  For decades you couldn't even own a gun in Chicago.  Did it stop the mass killings in Chicago then?  Nope!  I see all these mass shootings in "Gun Free Zones" on TV, which is a form of Gun Control by the way.  Did that deter an A-Hole or the current Islamic A-Hole from mass killing?  Nope, If we really want to have serious talk about gun crimes in this country.  We might want to start looking into enforcing the current laws and stiffer punishments in gun crimes. I personally believe if you take a life with a gun you should get the death penalty.   And maybe have a more serious talk about the poor communities in big citites like Chicago and LA, and how we need to get them out of poverty instead of prison or dead.  That's my opinion, you can agree to disagree with me on this....

Over 50 people just died within a 20 foot radius of each other because of a man and his assualt rifle, and you can really say we dont need gun control? This area of Orlando is not a poor area either, this is not a result of poverty, this is a result of someone being able to easily buy something who shouldnt be able to. Sure there are law abiding citizens who are responsible with their firearms, but sometimes you have to take things away for the greater good. People just lost their children, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, spouses, and all we can say is "It may be an act of terrorism"? I'll bet he bought the guns in Florida, with cold hard cash. It's too easy for people to have guns, and we need to put a stop to it. Just my opinion. You cant even go out to celebrate, or watch a movie, or send your kids to school now without worries of something happening.

its called terrorism

tinfamous12 said:
ZoneDaiatlas said:

How did gun control help in France last year, when two high profile attacks killed hundreds? The terrorist had highly illegal explosives strapped to himself. Do you think he couldn't kill? To use this as an example to generalize is quite annoying honestly. It is the equivalent of me saying "as a gay man, I don't want any more muslims coming to the U.S, because we obviously have a 'muslim problem' in which there is a high proportion of muslims interested in killing gay people for being gay." Obviously if I said that it would be untrue, and the same is true for the gun situtation here. This was a terror attack, just like Charlie Hebdo, in fact, a specific targetting of godless western values in their eyes. 

Around the Network
acer67 said:

its called terrorism

I'm sure the terrorists love easy access to fire arms as much as any full-blooded american patriot!!!!

Gun Control may not have stopped this crime but it'd stop a hell of a lot more, School shooting for a start.... Gun Laws in america are stupid, but it's probably too late now, over 300 million guns in America, can't just clean that up.

So it turns out that the guy was probably Muslim. I don't why anybody expected anything else.

Barkley said:
ZoneDaiatlas said:

Do you get searched upon entering Chicago???? Not being allowed to own guns in Chicago is irrelevant when you can get them elsewhere in the states. Until the whole Country is a gun free zone gun crime won't stop. A "gun free" zone is irrelevant when you can just grab a fire arm outside that zone and bring it in.

Keep dreaming then. There are more guns in the United States than people (over 350 million last statistic I read.) To believe they can all (or even a considerable number) can be eliminated takes a another level of naivety. 

To all of those saying this is a terrorist attack, okay, great! Say it's a terrorist attack (even though his parents are saying it was a hate crime and that their son had extreme dislike of gays), but lets ask this, was Sandy Hook a terrorist attack? Were all the movie theater shootings a terrorist attack? Was Columbine? Was Virginia Tech? Was UCLA? The list goes on and on and on! Lets be real here.

I know you think have a gun somehow would make the world a better place, but think with me: If you have a gun and kill a murderer, what you become? A murderer.

And yes, I saw probably was terrorism, but more guns won't stop people dying

Click HERE and be happy