By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Florida Pulse gay club attacked.

Well this was the suspects weapon:

You can just buy those?

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:
I'm so glad I don't live in the US.
The level of violence over there is truly frightening.

A vast majority of muders is gang related. So if you ignore those idiots killing each, our murder and crime rate is significantly lower. Hence, stay out of gang infested areas.

This club thing seems to be terrorism, so thats a unique problem thanks to a group overseas.

terrorism isn't a unique problem from a group overseas, most terrorism in the US is domestic (so was this) and motivated by white supremacy

konnichiwa said:

You can just buy those?

yea, it's a "tacti-cool" weapon, it looks like a military weapon (as it's based on the M16), but when you buy it it has no full auto fire mode making it not much different than a hunting rifle - that said it can be modified to have one

tinfamous12 said:
To all of those saying this is a terrorist attack, okay, great! Say it's a terrorist attack (even though his parents are saying it was a hate crime and that their son had extreme dislike of gays), but lets ask this, was Sandy Hook a terrorist attack? Were all the movie theater shootings a terrorist attack? Was Columbine? Was Virginia Tech? Was UCLA? The list goes on and on and on! Lets be real here.

In a nutshell, the motive matters.

If you dont understand why, just think about it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Lafiel said:
Mr Puggsly said:

A vast majority of muders is gang related. So if you ignore those idiots killing each, our murder and crime rate is significantly lower. Hence, stay out of gang infested areas.

This club thing seems to be terrorism, so thats a unique problem thanks to a group overseas.

terrorism isn't a unique problem from a group overseas, most terrorism in the US is domestic (so was this) and motivated by white supremacy

konnichiwa said:

You can just buy those?

yea, it's a "tactic-cool" weapon, it looks like a military weapon (as is based on the M16), but when you buy it it has no full auto fire mode making it not much different than a hunting rifle - that said it can be modified to have one

White supemacy? Maybe I need more information.

I heard potential international terrorism.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

White supemacy? Maybe I need more information.

this particular attack obviously wasn't motivated by that, but most terrorist attacks in the US are

Around the Network

so who was responsible?

tinfamous12 said:
ZoneDaiatlas said:

No we don't.  Here's a novelty of an idea.  How about we enforce gun laws and stiffer penalties on gun crimes?   I'm from Chicago and we have one of the strictest gun control laws in the nation.  Did Chicago's strictest gun laws stop the mass killings in Chicago?  Nope, It only punishes law bidding citizens from legally owning a firearm which is a constitutional right.  For decades you couldn't even own a gun in Chicago.  Did it stop the mass killings in Chicago then?  Nope!  I see all these mass shootings in "Gun Free Zones" on TV, which is a form of Gun Control by the way.  Did that deter an A-Hole or the current Islamic A-Hole from mass killing?  Nope, If we really want to have serious talk about gun crimes in this country.  We might want to start looking into enforcing the current laws and stiffer punishments in gun crimes. I personally believe if you take a life with a gun you should get the death penalty.   And maybe have a more serious talk about the poor communities in big citites like Chicago and LA, and how we need to get them out of poverty instead of prison or dead.  That's my opinion, you can agree to disagree with me on this....

Over 50 people just died within a 20 foot radius of each other because of a man and his assualt rifle, and you can really say we dont need gun control? This area of Orlando is not a poor area either, this is not a result of poverty, this is a result of someone being able to easily buy something who shouldnt be able to. Sure there are law abiding citizens who are responsible with their firearms, but sometimes you have to take things away for the greater good. People just lost their children, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, spouses, and all we can say is "It may be an act of terrorism"? I'll bet he bought the guns in Florida, with cold hard cash. It's too easy for people to have guns, and we need to put a stop to it. Just my opinion. You cant even go out to celebrate, or watch a movie, or send your kids to school now without worries of something happening.

I like civilize debate without the name calling.  No amount of Gun Control would have stopped him from killing 50 plus people.  He could've easily walked into the dance club with just an explosive vest alone and done more damage, and mass casualties than using a firearm.  The A-Hole could have rented a U-Haul truck loaded up with explosives and killed everybody at the dance club, and no gun control laws would have stopped him.  Tim McViegh and the original WTC Bombers in the early 90's proves you don't need a firearm to do mass casualities and damages.  We had "Prohibition" in 1920 for the "greater good", and that did not work out no matter how good or not the intentions were.  It brought out the likes of AL Capone and organize crime.  Eventually it was repealed because of crime it brought.

coolbeans said:
konnichiwa said:

You can just buy those?

After a background check, you could.  

If true, that's truly horrific. No civilian needs to have one of these and with all the nut jobs in the world, disasters are bound to happen. 

konnichiwa said:

You can just buy those?

Thats ridiculous. Put your pride aside and look at countries that have sensible gun laws, these kind of attrocities dont happen. At least not nearly at the same frequency.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

mjo011 said:
coolbeans said:

After a background check, you could.  

If true, that's truly horrific. No civilian needs to have one of these and with all the nut jobs in the world, disasters are bound to happen. 

What if I told you all of the guns in the following picture shoot the same ammunition at the same rate? Looks can be decieving. The one on the top is just as deadly as the others.