By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Florida Pulse gay club attacked.

Normchacho said:
vivster said:
I guess they just were unlucky that there wasn't a "good guy with a gun" present.

Regular civilians aren't trained to act under that kind of preassure. Most would freeze, the rest would likely end up killing more people as they blindly fired at the gunman.

So you're saying that slogan used by the NRA is complete bullshit? Well, I never!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:
Normchacho said:

Regular civilians aren't trained to act under that kind of preassure. Most would freeze, the rest would likely end up killing more people as they blindly fired at the gunman.

Exactly. Especially in a very packed room.

A packed, dark, loud, room. I am certain that if even one more person in their had a gun (besides police officers) more people would have died.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

So it was an born USA citizen with Afghan roots (suspect). Called Omar Mateen.

20 people dead, and 45 injured, and all they wanted was to go out and have fun. We need gun control.

OPD saying some 50 dead now. Man...

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
WolfpackN64 said:
It's too early to make any real comments on this. But I get the impression the US has a big problem concerning levels of violence.

Who says it isn't terrorism? Sounds like EXACTLY the kind of venue radicals would want to attack, for obvious reasons.

Yeah it is an terrorist who did it.

Edit, yeah the number has surpassed 50, :s.

so another radical muslim terror attack on innocents?

+Please delete+

tinfamous12 said:
20 people dead, and 45 injured, and all they wanted was to go out and have fun. We need gun control.

No we don't.  Here's a novelty of an idea.  How about we enforce gun laws and stiffer penalties on gun crimes?   I'm from Chicago and we have one of the strictest gun control laws in the nation.  Did Chicago's strictest gun laws stop the mass killings in Chicago?  Nope, It only punishes law bidding citizens from legally owning a firearm which is a constitutional right.  For decades you couldn't even own a gun in Chicago.  Did it stop the mass killings in Chicago then?  Nope!  I see all these mass shootings in "Gun Free Zones" on TV, which is a form of Gun Control by the way.  Did that deter an A-Hole or the current Islamic A-Hole from mass killing?  Nope, If we really want to have serious talk about gun crimes in this country.  We might want to start looking into enforcing the current laws and stiffer punishments in gun crimes. I personally believe if you take a life with a gun you should get the death penalty.   And maybe have a more serious talk about the poor communities in big citites like Chicago and LA, and how we need to get them out of poverty instead of prison or dead.  That's my opinion, you can agree to disagree with me on this....

ZoneDaiatlas said:
tinfamous12 said:

No we don't.  Here's a novelty of an idea.  How about we enforce gun laws and stiffer penalties on gun crimes?   I'm from Chicago and we have one of the strictest gun control laws in the nation.  Did Chicago's strictest gun laws stop the mass killings in Chicago?  Nope, It only punishes law bidding citizens from legally owning a firearm which is a constitutional right.  For decades you couldn't even own a gun in Chicago.  Did it stop the mass killings in Chicago then?  Nope!  I see all these mass shootings in "Gun Free Zones" on TV, which is a form of Gun Control by the way.  Did that deter an A-Hole or the current Islamic A-Hole from mass killing?  Nope, If we really want to have serious talk about gun crimes in this country.  We might want to start looking into enforcing the current laws and stiffer punishments in gun crimes. I personally believe if you take a life with a gun you should get the death penalty.   And maybe have a more serious talk about the poor communities in big citites like Chicago and LA, and how we need to get them out of poverty instead of prison or dead.  That's my opinion, you can agree to disagree with me on this....

Do you get searched upon entering Chicago???? Not being allowed to own guns in Chicago is irrelevant when you can get them elsewhere in the states. Until the whole Country is a gun free zone gun crime won't stop. A "gun free" zone is irrelevant when you can just grab a fire arm outside that zone and bring it in.