By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim remaster to be announced at E3 2016

Tagged games:

I would definitely consider getting it if they allow me to transfer my 360 saves. But that's highly unlikely.

So it would need significant gameplay changes for me to consider it. Better graphics alone isn't enough to make me playthrough it again.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I'd be borderline angry if they wasted time with a "remaster" of Skyrim lol. I suppose it'd be nice for console only owners but on the PC mods have rendered that absolutely pointless.

Then again, I still think we're probably a year from the reveal of the next Elder Scrolls game... not basing that on anything other than a hunch lol

They've been working on the sequel since before Skyrim launched, so it's been about half a decade at least. It's certainly been plenty of time, but I do worry they may have wasted too many resources on the silly MMO version and viewed that as a proper follow up.

Umm nope. Not gonna touch it. Skyrim runs on like crap on consoles and I'm not gonna wait half a year to a year for them to kinda patch it.

Cool! played Skyrim on PC because PS3 version was terrible from what i heard.

Would love to get all the trophies for it.

That would be awesome. But my hopes aren't up there.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

I would rather a remaster of Morrowind to be honest, it needs it more... Skyrim can look damn amazing with a ton of mods on PC.
Not to mention so many console gamers have never even played Morrowind, which is arguably the game that defined the entire franchise.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Might not be Bethesda Game Studios working on this remaster.

I consider Skyrim one of the weaker ES games, so this kinda disappoints me. It's cool for people like my cousin and others though who loved the game

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Pemalite said:

I would rather a remaster of Morrowind to be honest, it needs it more... Skyrim can look damn amazing with a ton of mods on PC.
Not to mention so many console gamers have never even played Morrowind, which is arguably the game that defined the entire franchise.

Yes, a remaster of morrowind with mods available on consoles would be awesome. That game had so much freedom with the characters. 

Why not remastering one of the older ones? Daggerfall, Morrowind or Oblivion remade , expanded and with gameplay and mechanics from Skyrim would have been great.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.