Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim remaster to be announced at E3 2016

Tagged games:

I consider Skyrim one of the weaker ES games, so this kinda disappoints me. It's cool for people like my cousin and others though who loved the game

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

I would rather a remaster of Morrowind to be honest, it needs it more... Skyrim can look damn amazing with a ton of mods on PC.
Not to mention so many console gamers have never even played Morrowind, which is arguably the game that defined the entire franchise.

Yes, a remaster of morrowind with mods available on consoles would be awesome. That game had so much freedom with the characters. 

Why not remastering one of the older ones? Daggerfall, Morrowind or Oblivion remade , expanded and with gameplay and mechanics from Skyrim would have been great.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

A Skyrim remaster would be nice, especially if it increased the draw distance (even that alone on PC is rather tricky to mess with). I'd also love a Morrowind and Oblivion one too since those two would benefit more from it. Not sure about console mods though since the modding scene isn't going too smoothly atm.

Pemalite said:

I would rather a remaster of Morrowind to be honest, it needs it more... Skyrim can look damn amazing with a ton of mods on PC.
Not to mention so many console gamers have never even played Morrowind, which is arguably the game that defined the entire franchise.

I second that. I really wanted to try Morrowind but it plays horribly even with mods.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Enough with these money milking "ultimate editions" and remasters already!

Skyrim was and still is insanely popular, so it makes sense, hopefully they do it right though. I remember playing on PS3, it was bad before they patched it, I managed to get 150 hours before it became unplayable however. Have it on PC now so there's no need to rebuy (again), but it's a great game so good for those who missed it.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

I'm not buying another game from Bethesda. Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim on PS3 and Fallout 4 are ridiculously buggy. I don't care if its a great game or not, its literally an unplayable mess. Bethesda doesn't deserve my money.

I spent like 200 hours on Skyrim, why would I want to spend another one

JohnnyKeflc said:

I'm not buying another game from Bethesda. Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim on PS3 and Fallout 4 are ridiculously buggy. I don't care if its a great game or not, its literally an unplayable mess. Bethesda doesn't deserve my money.

Its not even the fact that the above games are buggy that bothers me.  Its the fact that Bethesda have a phobia for optimizing anything.  If Skyrim is announced at E3 as coming to the PS4 and Xbox One we already know how its going to play out.  Yes it'll get a bump to 1080, yes it will look marginally nicer than on the last gen (but won't be anywhere near top settings on PC still) and it will run at 30FPS in most instances with drops to 20 or below when the going gets tough.  Thats just Bethesda all over.  All they do is the bare minimum to get games working, and then ship them out.  They may or may not have a half arsed attempt to get them up to scratch at a later date.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M