By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim remaster to be announced at E3 2016

Tagged games:

A Skyrim remaster would be nice, especially if it increased the draw distance (even that alone on PC is rather tricky to mess with). I'd also love a Morrowind and Oblivion one too since those two would benefit more from it. Not sure about console mods though since the modding scene isn't going too smoothly atm.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

I would rather a remaster of Morrowind to be honest, it needs it more... Skyrim can look damn amazing with a ton of mods on PC.
Not to mention so many console gamers have never even played Morrowind, which is arguably the game that defined the entire franchise.

I second that. I really wanted to try Morrowind but it plays horribly even with mods.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Enough with these money milking "ultimate editions" and remasters already!

Skyrim was and still is insanely popular, so it makes sense, hopefully they do it right though. I remember playing on PS3, it was bad before they patched it, I managed to get 150 hours before it became unplayable however. Have it on PC now so there's no need to rebuy (again), but it's a great game so good for those who missed it.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

I'm not buying another game from Bethesda. Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim on PS3 and Fallout 4 are ridiculously buggy. I don't care if its a great game or not, its literally an unplayable mess. Bethesda doesn't deserve my money.

Around the Network

I spent like 200 hours on Skyrim, why would I want to spend another one

JohnnyKeflc said:

I'm not buying another game from Bethesda. Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim on PS3 and Fallout 4 are ridiculously buggy. I don't care if its a great game or not, its literally an unplayable mess. Bethesda doesn't deserve my money.

Its not even the fact that the above games are buggy that bothers me.  Its the fact that Bethesda have a phobia for optimizing anything.  If Skyrim is announced at E3 as coming to the PS4 and Xbox One we already know how its going to play out.  Yes it'll get a bump to 1080, yes it will look marginally nicer than on the last gen (but won't be anywhere near top settings on PC still) and it will run at 30FPS in most instances with drops to 20 or below when the going gets tough.  Thats just Bethesda all over.  All they do is the bare minimum to get games working, and then ship them out.  They may or may not have a half arsed attempt to get them up to scratch at a later date.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

really Bethesda? E3 is now for to announcing remasters? The game also exists on PC if you wanted to have better graphics, i rather want to see a new Evil Within from Bethesda

I'll be all over that. Just the right amount of time since I played it.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I'd be interested if they improved the combat, it's pretty shit as it is