By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka-Laylee E3 2016 Trailer

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

I'm sure they are already working on both versions, but they're quite a way from done, and Wii U won't be an easy port due to differences in horsepower and architecture. (And Unity not being a great fit for the hardware)

Again, there is nothing that tells they will ditch Wii U version at this point, but you can be negative and think they will actualy ditch it. :)

That it's a Unity game, that Wii U is weaker hardware and a different architecture, and that NX will soon arrive and likely offer a vastly easier porting opportunity all seem pretty good indicators to me. I'm not saying it'll definitely get cancelled, but I give it an 80% chance that it will.

Around the Network

Holy crap!

I never cared for that game or even bothered to look at a thread about it. I just heard it was a spiritual successor to Rare platformers. Wow! I can feel the "Rareness" coming from my screen. Consider me convinced!

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Again, there is nothing that tells they will ditch Wii U version at this point, but you can be negative and think they will actualy ditch it. :)

That it's a Unity game, that Wii U is weaker hardware and a different architecture, and that NX will soon arrive and likely offer a vastly easier porting opportunity all seem pretty good indicators to me. I'm not saying it'll definitely get cancelled, but I give it an 80% chance that it will.

Curl... can you try to not be so negative? Its confirmed coming for Wii U with no NX talks. This is PLaytonic the guys who made it big on nintendo as Rareware. How about we put trust in them, especially since they are doing the Wii U version themselves. So please stop with the negativity and just be excited that the game is coming. If there is an NX port it would still come to the Wii U. If I recall correctly that was the first console on their kickstarter so just trust in these guys. If it was any other developer I'd be skeptical but with how these guys talk and with their fond memories of nintendo (from the way they talk) I think its safe to assume they'll deliver.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yooka-Laylee developers are very aware of all that and fact that Wii U is already dead, but again there is nothing that tells they will ditch Wii U version at this point, they actually said they working on Wii U version and Wii U version will have right attention, but you can be negative and think they will actually ditch it.

I'm willing to be that the game will sell more on the WiiU than the other consoles (at least, similar), so I don't see the point on caning the game now XD.

Around the Network
uran10 said:
curl-6 said:

Curl... can you try to not be so negative? Its confirmed coming for Wii U with no NX talks. This is PLaytonic the guys who made it big on nintendo as Rareware. How about we put trust in them, especially since they are doing the Wii U version themselves. So please stop with the negativity and just be excited that the game is coming. If there is an NX port it would still come to the Wii U. If I recall correctly that was the first console on their kickstarter so just trust in these guys. If it was any other developer I'd be skeptical but with how these guys talk and with their fond memories of nintendo (from the way they talk) I think its safe to assume they'll deliver.

I am trying. I've gone out of my way to try to make only positive threads for the past month or so. I've steered clear of the Nintendo forums because I know I'll be tempted to post bitter rants and I don't want to ruin the forum for others.

It just seems every time I get optimistic about something Wii U related, I get slapped in the face with disappointment. After 5 years of it, I just can't summon the courage to get my hopes up again. I'm tired of getting hyped for games only for them to be cancelled, pushed back, or underdeliver.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Yooka-Laylee developers are very aware of all that and fact that Wii U is already dead, but again there is nothing that tells they will ditch Wii U version at this point, they actually said they working on Wii U version and Wii U version will have right attention, but you can be negative and think they will actually ditch it.

I'm sure at the moment they intend to see it through, I just think that will change in trhe next few months as Wii U development proves tough and NX offers a painless option.

If I'm wrong, but all means rub it in and say I told you so. I actually want to be wrong here, as the game looks awesome to me and if it does come to Wii U I will be buying it day 1.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I'm sure at the moment they intend to see it through, I just think that will change in trhe next few months as Wii U development proves tough and NX offers a painless option.

If I'm wrong, but all means rub it in and say I told you so. I actually want to be wrong here, as the game looks awesome to me and if it does come to Wii U I will be buying it day 1.

I Am pretty sure they are far more familiar with Wii U development and they having much more informations and details about Wii U hardware and Wii U development process and problems they can encounter than you are, so they already know for posible problems they can encounter with Wii U version, and in case if that would be a possible reason for late cancellationthey would sound little reserved about Wii U version of game, but they actually confirmed Wii U version, they sound very confident and said Wii U version will have right attention.

Again there is nothing that tells they will ditch Wii U version at this point, you are just being negative like usual.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

I Am pretty sure they are far more familiar with Wii U development and they having much more informations and details about Wii U hardware and Wii U development process than you are, so they already know for problems they can encounter with Wii U version, and in that case they would sound little reserved about Wii U version of game, but they actually confirmed Wii U version and said it will have right attention.

Again there is nothing that tells they will ditch Wii U version at this point, you are just being negative like usual.

It's common knowledge that compared to PC/PS4/Xbone, Wii U is both substantially less powerful and has a different architecture. We've also seen other Unity games struggle on the system, and Yooka Laylee looks a more ambitious than any other Unity title I've seen on Wii U.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I Am pretty sure they are far more familiar with Wii U development and they having much more informations and details about Wii U hardware and Wii U development process than you are, so they already know for problems they can encounter with Wii U version, and in that case they would sound little reserved about Wii U version of game, but they actually confirmed Wii U version and said it will have right attention.

It's common knowledge that compared to PC/PS4/Xbone, Wii U is both substantially less powerful and has a different architecture. We've also seen other Unity games struggle on the system, and Yooka Laylee looks a more ambitious than any other Unity title I've seen on Wii U.

Yes, and devopers of this game are very aware of all that and even more of that, "they far more familiar with Wii U development and they having much more informations and details about Wii U hardware and Wii U development process and problems they can encounter than you are, so they already know for posible problems they can encounter with Wii U version, and in case if that would be a possible reason for late cancellationthey would sound little reserved about Wii U version of game, but they actually confirmed Wii U version, they sound very confident and said Wii U version will have right attention."

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Yes, and devopers of this game are very aware of all that and even more of that, "they far more familiar with Wii U development and they having much more informations and details about Wii U hardware and Wii U development process and problems they can encounter than you are, so they already know for posible problems they can encounter with Wii U version, and in case if that would be a possible reason for late cancellationthey would sound little reserved about Wii U version of game, but they actually confirmed Wii U version, they sound very confident and said Wii U version will have right attention."

It's possible for a developer to change their mind; to initially plan on pushing through with a difficult development, only to later decide when the going gets even tougher that it's not worth it. Especially when NX will likely offer a much easier way to get the game on a Nintendo platform.