By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF XII HD Remaster (PS4) Teaser Trailer

kristianity77 said:
Nautilus said:
I dont get it.Why announce now when E3 is a freaking week away?Companies love to destroy surprises

Well, there are over 550 replies in the thread for FF12 over of GAF and an ever increasing thread over here, and probably on hundreds of other sites too.

There is always a danger that some games get lost in a sea of other surprises over at E3.  Revealing now before anything else does just means extra exposure for the game.  They will probably show more at E3 anyway that they didn't show in the trailer so far.

Well, you are most likely right.I just feel sad when nowadays developers and companies alike dont care much about the surprise effect and just go for the most exposure possible, no matter what(I know they are companies and all, but still makes me feel sad)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Looks good. I never played XII but i heard its one of the worst ff game ever.

The problem is Vaan, and anything Vaan related, if you can zone him out, you can very much enjoy the game. 

Nice but why no PS Vita version...

ALL THE RPGS!

Lol, they actually let girls fight in the party. How weirdly backwards and nostalgic.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Can we officially call this the PS2 era all over again? I can't believe how many JRPGs the PS4 is getting in one form or another.

We are atleast going in the right direction but PS2 had so many Jrpg's and especially quality wise was pretty good.  It is kind of ironic that the best rated JRPG's are all ports (Valkyria/FFXIV/FFX-FFX-2/Odin sphere probably). SE so far not gave us much this generation except for Bravely Default/Second on 3DS but on consoles it has only been ports/remasters and when I remember my PS2 collection full with shin megami tensei games like Nocturne/Digital Devil Saga 1-2/Devil Summoner and ofcourse the Persona games I think people really forgot how great the PS2 era was with JRPG's. So far I find it hard to recommend someone a PS4 JRPG that is great that isn't a port or remaster or I have to recommend them Bloodborne/DSIII but that's what some not consider JRPG's and I don't want to have that discussion now.  

vivster said:

Lol, they actually let girls fight in the party. How weirdly backwards and nostalgic.

15 is about male bonding.

But if you want a girl FF, theres FFX-2 (10-2).

I bought 12 at full price on PS2. Tried to play it on at least seven different occassions, never got very far before boredom set in. I at least got 8 hours into #13, this one had me turning the system off at 4. So, gonna have to agree with the poster who said too many new RPGs coming out to bother with this.

BasilZero said:
Sh1nn said:
Some info

-based on FINAL FANTASY XII INTERNATIONAL ZODIAC JOB SYSTEM
-Background, character model, fonts and all 2D parts are higher resolution
-Movie scenes are higher resolution
-Uses current-gen graphics tech
-7.1 surround sound
-higher quality audio
-Japanese and English voice
-Option between original BGM and newly recorded BGM
-shorter loading time
-auto-save feature
-turbo mode

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=205785393&postcount=177

Should add this to the OP.....to make it less barren imo....

Glad its the international edition from the PS2 version

Wait? There's a new OST :O

Turbo mode sounds nice

Hynad said:

It's actually in my top 3 in the series. Which contains 4 titles. xD

1- FFVI
2- FFIV=IX
3- FF XII

Its in my #6 spot for mainline title wise.

1. Final Fantasy IX
2. Final Fantasy VI
3. Final Fantasy VII
4. Final Fantasy IV
5. Final Fantasy X
6. Final Fantasy XII
7. Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
8. Final Fantasy XIII-2
9. Final Fantasy VIII (enjoying it so I'll put it here)
10. Final Fantasy V

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core isn't mainline... 

JRPGfan said:
vivster said:

15 is about male bonding.

But if you want a girl FF, theres FFX-2 (10-2).

If I want a girl FF there is FF1-14.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.