By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Blizzard the Best in the industry?

Tagged games:

Azzanation said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I really want to play the original Warcraft games but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Is there an inexpensive, legal way to play them?

Well good news and bad news. On Battle.net theres an option to download some of there classic games like Warcraft 3, Starcraft and Diablo 2 etc. Bad news is i didnt see the classic Warcraft 1 or 2 yet. I believe there coming soon.

I hope so. I've heard such great things about those Warcraft games. I have the Starcraft battle chest so I'm set on that.

Around the Network

Well, Blizzard would comfortably fit in a group of the best companies in the industry. I'm sure a list could be made to recognize all the great companies today. I don't see it as one being the best.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Azzanation said:
Zkuq said:
Blizzard may be the best developer at creating products and supporting systems around them. If that's what you consider 'the best in the industry', the answer is yes. Otherwise the answer is probably no. For example, I wouldn't call Blizzard the best at creating experiences (of which Uncharted would be an excellent example).

Not necessary, I find that with Blizzards track record of making games that exceed their own boundaries on a much higher scale then what ND or Rockstar can do.

Here is a good example, If Rockstar or ND had to make a FPS, MMO, RTS or any other type of game would it be any good let alone best in the industry? I can’t see ND making a successful MMO or see Rockstar make an amazing RTS game. I can however see Blizzard making linear styled action games like Tomb Raider and Uncharted and actually be successful at doing that while giving those games a good run for their money, and while Rockstar are gods at the open world sandbox games, we are forgetting one thing, Blizzard already make an open world sandbox game, it’s called WoW. GTA vs WoW will make a great debate for another thread. And it’s funny how we look at Rockstar as the greatest open world devs, however like my article explains, Blizzard is again up there in the debate.

My point I’m trying to make is that Blizzard is a company that can almost do anything and be top at it. I can’t see those companies you mentioned doing the same. No company is perfect don’t get me wrong. However Blizzard are proof you don’t need to specialize in something to achieve great things. Much like our beloved Rare back in there day.

Yes, Blizzard seems to be the best at being able to create good games in any genre they try. That said, not a lot of others have even tried it, so there isn't really even much competition in that category... And honestly, why should anyone do that? If they can constantly create better experiences in a single genre (or with some other similarity), why should they settle for somewhat inferior experiences in multiple genres? Versatility is a great thing to have, but I don't think it should be used as the sole measure of talent and ability.

lol not even close

vivster said:
Now that I think about it, yes. There is no other developer who completely dominates so many genres.

They dominate RTS with Starcraft, they still dominate MMORPGs with WoW, they dominate card games with Hearthstone and now they're gonna dominate the Hero Shooter genre with Overwatch. There is no other developer with so much success across the board.

And people have to start admitting that it's not just hype but because their games are well designed and highly polished.

They also dominate the point and click dungeon crawling RPG genre with Diablo!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

WoW - It's good for what it is. But still relies on an old formula almost no one cares about anymore. The biggest problem I see is they did not try to make another MMO, but maybe they will follow suit on chronicles of elyria. 93 is well deserved.

Diablo 3 - Not what I wanted at all. HC was just a hurdle, and #$%¨ this being online. SC players can go die. -10/100

Hearthstone - I don't even know how to start on this one. Well, they did a good job at making mobile users interested on this, and making it look like it's a competitive game. Overall game is seriously bad though, and it took me quite a bit of time to realize this.

MOBA and online FPS - Seriously I have better stuff to do like watching my little pony again.

I never got into their RTS so I won't comment on that.

Considering this is basically everything they published since 2004, it's absolutely terrible. Even rockstar made more games. Nintendo alone probably had better lineup on two years of the wii+DS.

Gourmet said:

WoW - It's good for what it is. But still relies on an old formula almost no one cares about anymore. The biggest problem I see is they did not try to make another MMO, but maybe they will follow suit on chronicles of elyria. 93 is well deserved.

Diablo 3 - Not what I wanted at all. HC was just a hurdle, and #$%¨ this being online. SC players can go die. -10/100

Hearthstone - I don't even know how to start on this one. Well, they did a good job at making mobile users interested on this, and making it look like it's a competitive game. Overall game is seriously bad though, and it took me quite a bit of time to realize this.

MOBA and online FPS - Seriously I have better stuff to do like watching my little pony again.

I never got into their RTS so I won't comment on that.

Considering this is basically everything they published since 2004, it's absolutely terrible. Even rockstar made more games. Nintendo alone probably had better lineup on two years of the wii+DS.

well nintendo has a better lineup in 2 years then the whole industry so thats not a fair comparison

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Warcraft took an embarrassingly large portion of my life when I was younger.  Not the MMO but the real Warcraft :).  However, it may not hold up well.  

I really want to play the original Warcraft games but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Is there an inexpensive, legal way to play them?

I'm not sure but my goodness I sank so much time into them.  I have enjoyed blizzard Warcraft, some world of Warcraft at the beginning and Starcraft, not part 2 so much and Diablo but not 3 so much.  

If there was something I wish they'd get back to is the original Warcraft.  I doubt I'm the only old time blizzard player that would have preferred that to over watch. 

Great games. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Nope nupe and newp

Lube Me Up

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Warcraft took an embarrassingly large portion of my life when I was younger.  Not the MMO but the real Warcraft :).  However, it may not hold up well.  

There are tons upon tons of copie out in the wild. They sold many of their early games in game stores way into the early 2000's. I think you can find them cheaply on Ebay.

I LOVE ICELAND!