By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Blizzard the Best in the industry?

Tagged games:

CD Project Red, Naughty Dog are two that spring to mind when thinking of the best one, blizzard also jumps on my list but I think they are not "the best" but "one of the best" and deffenitely not the best at everything, altough making games fun to play online is DEFF their strongest feet.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
BraLoD said:
One of the them.
Rockstar, Blizzard and Naughty Dog, when they develop a game it's very likely going to be great.

I agree to a point, any company can make a great game if they spend the time and resources into it. Rockstar and Naughty Dog dont go past there strenghts. For example what was Rockstars last game that wasnt a openworld sandbox game? What was ND's last game that didnt go past the linear Action/Adventure?

Im talking on the fronts of creating master pieces that is not based in the same genre. Like my honorable mentions to Nintendo and Rare and lets add Sega back in there day to that list. 

If all it took was some time and resources then every studio would be great.  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Nah, its Nintendo.

Blizzard has great games in many categories (starcraft2 is one of the best competitive games) but nintendo has a much bigger range of great games (mario (2D and 3D), zelda, pokemon, Metroid (Prime), Xenoblade, Mario Kart, Smash, Animak Crossing, Splatoon, Donkey Kong, F-Zero, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, Yokai Watch and so much more)

Hand down, Splatoon is better then overwatch at the moment. The lower meta just comes from their decission to hold already finished and on disc maps back.

PS: because of permanently getting free banned on this forums (first account got banned permanently for no reasons, ask moderators for the reasons if you want proove, they cant tell you; all my future accounts get banned for beeing alts. Its a doom loop. I will just make new accounts to give replies but may not see your qouting me). I know its annoying (because it doesnt change anything, im still here writing) but its really not my but some of the mods fault.

Kojima Productions:

Metal Gear Solid: 94 meta

Metal Gear Solid 2: 96 meta

Metal Gear Solid 3 snake eater: 91 meta and subsistence: 94 meta

Metal Gear Solid 4: 94 meta

Metal Gear Solid V: 93 meta

Is Kojima a god?

Pinkie_pie said:
Culipechi said:
Nintendo is the best hands down

Nintendo has many development teams and none of them are considered the best in the industry . 

EAD 2 and 3?

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
nanarchy said:

well if you change the meaning of MMO like you have then sure 16 player max is MMO. However MMO DOESN'T stand for Massive Multiplayer Online. It stands for MASSIVELY Multiplayer Online, i.e. a bucket load more than 16 players.

I am not changing anything, you just corrected my spelling mistake, and the point still stands. As the general public see MMO you would expect MMO games to be a lot bigger than 16 players, however that’s generalising the genre because of a couple big hitting games that made the term popular. MMO does not stat how many players have to be counted for to earn the term MMO. If you can update me with a statement proving this, I would appreciate it and happily accept it.

Massive.  Google - 

1. exceptionally large: 
    "massive crowds are expected"

Marco....

Hynad said:
Azzanation said:

I am more interested in knowing what those 4 genres Naughty Dog nailed? I can think of Crash being one of them, which is fair enough, they were fun platformers, but what are the other 3? Kart racing went from Great with CTR to below average with Jak X. There next platformer series Jak and Daxter are far from top of the table games. I would consider them good games but there nothing above that, let’s be totally honest here. There’s a reason they stopped making them. Naughty Dog are great at making linear action experiences like Uncharted and they did make great platformers with Crash for the PS1, however years later there next attempts at platforming and kart racing fell below par. Which is why you don’t see them jumping into those genres anymore. Rockstar are the same, they can produce GOTY games like Red Dead and GTA however that’s the only genre they work on.

I am saying what a company can do now, not what they did make 2 to 3 generations ago. I use to consider Rare the best in the industry in the 90s but its quite clearly that Rare of today is far from that mark, much like ND are with Crash. If we go by what you mentioned with ND and there genres they covered years ago then Rare would still hold that crown today by a big margin.

As for Blizzard losing their energy compared to the 90s? Not sure how they lost energy when today they have a lot more on their plate and become so much more as a company then what they ever dreamed of becoming.

Of course you'd be interested in hearing about that. I saw it coming a mile away.
But I'm not here to debate the merits of Naughty Dog's games with someone like you. 

Just focus on the part that I agreed with you about Blizzard, and let's leave it at that. I am not interested in reading what you have to say about Sony's first party developers. 

You could see it coming from 1,000 miles away. :). 

Marco....

Hmm. That's an interesting and convincing case you lay out in the OP. And the comparison to Rare makes sense - being able to master several different genres isn't easy.

I still need to play some of the games listed in the OP but right now I'd feel comfortable ranking Blizzard in a second tier with developers like Epic Games, Naughty Dog, and Valve.

They are better than any console company. Including Nintendo and Naughty Dog (lol, Naughty Dog....)

SC2 made me worry that their key talent had left, but Overwatch is proof that they make top notch games. It's a shame that they can't make RTS games anymore but they're still the best out there.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Now that I think about it, yes. There is no other developer who completely dominates so many genres.

They dominate RTS with Starcraft, they still dominate MMORPGs with WoW, they dominate card games with Hearthstone and now they're gonna dominate the Hero Shooter genre with Overwatch. There is no other developer with so much success across the board.

And people have to start admitting that it's not just hype but because their games are well designed and highly polished.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.