By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Blizzard the Best in the industry?

Tagged games:

Ka-pi96 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

At one point console games were separate, but every since 2005 PC games have been intergrating into the fold. In that time a large band of staple names had formed in console gaming that PC gamers couldnt touch until porting occured. Vice versa for certain games PC games as well. PC is nice, but when I look at PC iI only see the twin pillars of Valve and Blizzard. When I look at consoles I see a plethora of high level competition.

What about Sega?

Thats exactly my point. Segas first party had to be on point because Nintendo blocked them off from third party. The dreamcast was what I first considered the perfect console as they petitioned to win back the good graces of third party. Back in the day Sega even had to fund their own sports games. The competition between third party and first party is fierce on consoles. On PC its there but you dont sense it as much. I have fond memories with Blizzard and Valve but ive left those behind for some time now. More PC gamers are petitioning for console games to be ported but how many times have to heard of it happening the other way? 

Around the Network

Pretty sure Diablo 3 was hated by the vast majority of the Blizzard fanbase.

Azzanation said:
Hynad said:

Actually, it was first brought up by BraLoD, and I just so happened to agree with him.

Then you and BraLod should make a thread about ND's greatness. If you have read my article you would know exactly what I’m trying to say. I am talking about making master pieces on more than one genre for the modern gamer. Not one company that can release a very good game every so often. If that was the case then there would be more than just ND mentioned in this thread.

Nem said:
Nope. They are overhyped for some reason though.

I actually disagree with those review scores. WoW for example is no 93 currently, overwatch is definitly not worth anything above a 7 due to how little content it has, Diablo is also an exercise on repetition. Its about an 80 but nothing special about it. Dungeon siege 3 for example, looked better and had a better story and fell in the 70's.
Heroes of the storm i don't even know what to say. Theres nothing original about it and it puzzles me why people play it (probably cause its f2p).

You do realise that League of Legends copied Warcraft 3's formula which then Dota 2 copied LoL's formula. Heroes is technically the original game out of the 3 since others practically stole from Blizzard to begin with. Hats off to LoL for creating the new genre and Dota for pushing it forward. The originality started with Warcraft 3's MP.

Oh like any of that matters... DOTA was a mod. It wasn't popular when it started. It gained popularity, then went on its own and then Blizzard copied it. I don't care. It's a pointless game. Just another Blizzard all star fest. They are smart at using their IP's, but they receive alot of passes for no good reason.

Barozi said:
Pretty sure Diablo 3 was hated by the vast majority of the Blizzard fanbase.

Jay Wilson was hated much more than the game. xD

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Its also worth pointing out PC gamers in general are interested in different types of games than console gamers.

For example, what Valve does appeals more to console gamers. Or it atleast used to be that way.

At one point console games were separate, but every since 2005 PC games have been intergrating into the fold. In that time a large band of staple names had formed in console gaming that PC gamers couldnt touch until porting occured. Vice versa for certain games PC games as well. PC is nice, but when I look at PC iI only see the twin pillars of Valve and Blizzard. When I look at consoles I see a plethora of high level competition.

I agree that more than ever PC and console gamers have a similar interest in games. But still a very different audiences for the most part. The games most popular consoles differs from whats most popular on PC.

There is a lot of competition in PC gaming but its different experiences. Such MOBAs, MMOs, countless F2P games of various genres. Again, just a different audience. But in time the console and PC gaming audiences will continue to become more similar.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Right... wii u spazzed and i made a post i didn't mean to. 

Guess i can mantain the point that Blizzard is like a summer flick. Lots of hype and little substance.

I think Blizzard used to be one of the greats that have been around, but as of late, they are more legendary due for their rich history in gaming. When it comes to Mmo, they are still the best but that is because there aren't that many studios who directly competes against them though except from guild wars and so on. But best overall are bias as best because there are far more talented studios out there, to neglect that over decisions they make with their games is kinda redundant, seing that the Blizzard games on a technological stand point is pretty straight forward.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

maybe before 2010, but i completley dissagree there is so much to despise now from this company so i try to make it as short as possible. I went from buying their collectors editions for everyone of their games and buying everyone of their Blizzcon virtual tickets now to not even bothering about their games at all. I dont even care about the two starcraft 2 add ons.

just some things they have recently pulled off

- a blizzard moba which rips off Dota, a free mod in WC3 that wouldn had a real game if they would made a real Warcraft 4 instead doing all the other crap

- a mediocore shooter riping off from Team Fortress, they are also charging 70€ for it and its only a 5 Gig game

-keep milking world of warcraft players with countless add ons. They are still charging for online, yeah PS+ and Xbox Live are bad but charging for one single game is still okay in 2016?

- a mobile card game which is inferior to Yu Gi Oh!

- Always online for everyone of their games, DRM registrations for every single game.

Azzanation said:
nanarchy said:

well if you change the meaning of MMO like you have then sure 16 player max is MMO. However MMO DOESN'T stand for Massive Multiplayer Online. It stands for MASSIVELY Multiplayer Online, i.e. a bucket load more than 16 players.

I am not changing anything, you just corrected my spelling mistake, and the point still stands. As the general public see MMO you would expect MMO games to be a lot bigger than 16 players, however that’s generalising the genre because of a couple big hitting games that made the term popular. MMO does not stat how many players have to be counted for to earn the term MMO. If you can update me with a statement proving this, I would appreciate it and happily accept it.

MMO phrase was first coined for very large player bases in a single instance around the time of MUD's were games had limits of 50+, it had nothing to do with a few big games. I have never seen anyone claim before that 16 players is somehow an MMO, even back in the old days of MUD's with the difficult limits they had to work within they would not have considered this an MMO. the massively multiplayer is an important part of that definition and I don't think I have seen any definition (though there are many) that would classify such a small number as an MMO.

Blizzard, ND, Nintendo, Valve, Rockstar, they would have to share the thrones with a few others, but they're certainly up there, even if they haven't made a game I personally, truly loved in over a decade.