By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Warcraft was OK.

Mordred11 said:
Ultr said:

Its already breaking records where its out. In my country and all the surroundings Its on number one.

"Elsewhere in the international marketplace, Universal released Warcraft in twenty territories this past weekend where it finished #1 in 19 of them"

So i hope it continues like that.

source: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4191&p=.htm

Opening at #1 in Russia and Germany plus a handful of small territories doesn't translate into ' breaking records' ...

" It did its best business in Germany, scoring the biggest opening day of the year in the country with $2.2 million."

"Warcraft also found success in France ($2.2 million in three days) and Sweden, where it posted the third-highest opening day ever for Universal in the territory with $539,000."

now I'm not saying that It breaking recoreds all over the world. But you cannot deny that it has momentum

Around the Network

I agree with OP, I had really, really low expectations. It's braindead and somewhat daft at some points bus acceptable entertainment.

I think the movie was ok, but in a good sense. If you are a WoW fan you will surely enjoy it. If you are not, you will have trouble following the plot. Theres lots of characters and their names aren't told much at all. Even if you are a fan but you don't know the lore like the back of your hand, you will struggle with that a bit.

With that said, whats good about this movie is not so much this movie, but the foundation it sets. There beeing a sequal, it will touch on warcraft 3's story... and that is way more interesting than the origin story.

think-man said:
I think this movie is going to struggle to make a profit

I don't think so. Just too many WoW players (current and former) around the world who want to see it. No expensive actors will help to have a not too high budget (but probably still very high). 

It will have probably no legs since most fans will see it first weekend but with the release in China it will probably make enough money. It will be huge there I guess. 

Well, I may be wrong but I think it will be profitable.

Mordred11 said:
Ultr said:

Its already breaking records where its out. In my country and all the surroundings Its on number one.

"Elsewhere in the international marketplace, Universal released Warcraft in twenty territories this past weekend where it finished #1 in 19 of them"

So i hope it continues like that.

source: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4191&p=.htm

Opening at #1 in Russia and Germany plus a handful of small territories doesn't translate into ' breaking records' ...

What are you talking about it's breaking tons of records

#1 movie based on world of warcraft

#1 movie set in aezorath(spelling?)

#1 movie based on an mmo

#1 movie based on an rts series

#1 movie based on warcraft

its got potentiaaly billions of records set, just take a little creativity

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
masschamber said:
Mordred11 said:

#1 movie based on an mmo

"

" It did its best business in Germany, scoring the biggest opening day of the year in the country with $2.2 million."

"Warcraft also found success in France ($2.2 million in three days) and Sweden, where it posted the third-highest opening day ever for Universal in the territory with $539,000.""

crissindahouse said:
think-man said:
I think this movie is going to struggle to make a profit

I don't think so. Just too many WoW players (current and former) around the world who want to see it. No expensive actors will help to have a not too high budget (but probably still very high). 

It will have probably no legs since most fans will see it first weekend but with the release in China it will probably make enough money. It will be huge there I guess. 

The budget on the Movie alone was $160 million, thats not even including the advertisement.

think-man said:
crissindahouse said:

The budget on the Movie alone was $160 million, thats not even including the advertisement.

the movie is out in 20 markets and got to top spot in 19 if that is any indication it can absolutely be profitable

think-man said:
crissindahouse said:

Sure, but with famous actors like In other movies with big budget it would be probably like  $200m+, that's what I tried to say. 

That it still  needs to make a lot is obvious but like I said, I think China will do it for this movie. I may be wrong but I can see it exploding there. 

Not that I really care, I never played WoW since I don't touch addicting MMOs like this. 

Ultr said:
masschamber said:

#1 movie based on an mmo

"

"Warcraft also found success in France ($2.2 million in three days) and Sweden, where it posted the third-highest opening day ever for Universal in the territory with $539,000.""

I totaly forgot 

#1 warcraft movie opening in 2016 in Germany!

#1 warcaft movie opening in May  in 2016 in Germany!

#1 warcraft movie opening on May 26th in 2016 in Germany!

really that is like the most amazing opening ever the 151st best opening in Germany!

check Germany's biggest openings to put it in perspective

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/germany/opening/

and France, oh boy 337th best in France

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/france/opening/

and Sweden WEEEEE DOGGIE actually Sweden might be relatively good as I can't find any data on it's opening

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!