By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Warcraft was OK.

Skratchy said:
I don't get it. Yeah, you may not be the BIGGEST fan of the film, but it's the ONLY film. You don't exactly get to be picky. If this one bombs, there may not BE another one.

What? Being picky? 

Dude, i were completely honest from what i've seen, no i am not the BIGGEST fan but i don't need to be to be able to formulate a opinion. 
So just because i didn't like the execution of the movie, you think i should shut the fuck up and accept it just to trick Blizzard into following the same recipe for the next one? Hell no. I rather let them know where they fucked up.. The movie needed a better script, especially the monolog's and dialog's which was like watching a B-movie, written by teenagers and it ruined the entire immersion cause the shitty dialog's was cringy as hell. 

I don't like the subtle way you are telling me that i am being picky just to ruin the chances for a new movie to be made.. 
Well if they intend to suck at one of the most important aspect of what makes a movie great again, Warcraft is better off without getting added to the list over : Games that became movies but failed at it.

Also, you don't even need to like movies to see that the monolog/dialog script's was poorly written, it's like they just slapped the entire movie together and rushed it out, adding tons of effect's to cover up their horrible script. I loved a lot of things with the movie but damn it, those moment's get detroyed as soon someone opens their mouth and say something incredible badly written content which fail to convince the audience

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Around the Network

Yeah, surprisingly i found it ok too xD.

Mordred11 said:
Ultr said:

maybe, but that is what the people say now, so that is what they tell the others. wich is definately not " very bad word of mouth" its actually very good.

It may go down, it probably will, but even though its what it is

You don't get it do you? Most of the 10's the movie received are from warcraft fans who haven't even seen the movie. That's why the rating is going down as time goes by. It's not an indicator of its word of mouth.

Meanwhile the people are going to the movies and its already showing its legs because of "Good word of mouth" :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/board/nest/257983410?ref_=tt_bd_1

"Warcraft: The Beginning enjoyed an auspicious start to its UK run."

well there you go. make of it what you want ^^

Universal themself stated that its already above 50mil. Not even worldwide released

edit: http://deadline.com/2016/06/warcraft-second-weekend-international-box-office-results-me-before-you-1201767383/

70mil already

Baryonyx said:
Skratchy said:
I don't get it. Yeah, you may not be the BIGGEST fan of the film, but it's the ONLY film. You don't exactly get to be picky. If this one bombs, there may not BE another one.

What? Being picky? 

Dude, i were completely honest from what i've seen, no i am not the BIGGEST fan but i don't need to be to be able to formulate a opinion. 
So just because i didn't like the execution of the movie, you think i should shut the fuck up and accept it just to trick Blizzard into following the same recipe for the next one? Hell no. I rather let them know where they fucked up.. The movie needed a better script, especially the monolog's and dialog's which was like watching a B-movie, written by teenagers and it ruined the entire immersion cause the shitty dialog's was cringy as hell. 

I don't like the subtle way you are telling me that i am being picky just to ruin the chances for a new movie to be made.. 
Well if they intend to suck at one of the most important aspect of what makes a movie great again, Warcraft is better off without getting added to the list over : Games that became movies but failed at it.

Also, you don't even need to like movies to see that the monolog/dialog script's was poorly written, it's like they just slapped the entire movie together and rushed it out, adding tons of effect's to cover up their horrible script. I loved a lot of things with the movie but damn it, those moment's get detroyed as soon someone opens their mouth and say something incredible badly written content which fail to convince the audience

I agree. I'm honestly tired of movie studios taking gamers for idiots that will accept whatever lazy half-baked tripe they turn out.

Listen up studios :

(1)- Hire good or at least respectable directors. They make a HUGE difference in film quality. It's nearly impossible for a film to be good if the director is mediocre to poor.

(2)- Hire good writing talent. Same as above.

(3)- DON'T try to monetize games with no plot, or a plot so thin that you have to just make it up as you go along. (eg : Angry Birds, Tetris???).

(3a)- If you MUST make content based on some vapid source material, at least make it a kids-focused Netflix series or something. Stretching that garbage out for 90+ minutes and expecting people to pay $10/ticket is insulting. But 20 minute episodes our kids can click on once in a while, fine.

So yeah, if it's not well made, I hope it fails. People accepting mediocre to garbage-tier product is just sending the wrong message.

It's a great movie! I was blown away. There's too many good things to say. I can't wait to see it again.

Around the Network

I went to see with two  friends, one of them knows warcraft, but not a lot, the other didn't have a clue about what it is

The first was blown away, just like me

The second thought it was a cool movie

The movie seem B-rated to me. So i won't even pirated...
Video games movies sucks, it's like a common sense tbh.

Skratchy said:

Honestly, it bothers me when fans are so damn negative. Really? You struggle to like THIS movie, but every Marvel movie is fucking gold?

Come on, you're all gamers! Support the movies! Ratchet and Clank didn't suck, this movie doesn't suck, so go FREAKING see them! What is the harm?

Videogame movies will KEEP getting negative hype if no one is watching them. Seriously? You want Angry Birds and Tomb Raider to be the most successful video game movies?

Duncan Jones is a brilliant writer and director. He's also David Bowie's SON. Check out his previous films, like Moon and Source Code. He does some killer sci-fi/thriller stuff. 

So just because a big studio launches a movie title which has "VIDYA GAEMS" in it we have a duty to go and hand that studio over money for taking some elements from the media we love and plastering them onto the big screen in some half baked poorly written mess.

By the same logic every single movie gooer should go out and buy a games console so they can enjoy the amazing Movie licenced games such as

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/the-golden-compass

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/fight-club

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dirty-dancing---the-video-game

Ya know some of the best Games featuring their favourite movies, they don't have a choice but to support Dirty Dancing the PC game, I mean, so much work goes into taking 1 or 2 scenes from a movie and trying to inject some manner of gameplay into it, see the same thing goes both ways, movies don't perfectly translate into games and games almost always do not translate into amazing movies.

As for stories from Comics and Cartoons turning into the Marvel Cinematic universe I mean... Stories going from comic book pages to the big screen clear works well since there is a far greater success rate of turning comic stories into on screen stories... you can't do the same when it comes from taking Flicking birds off pigs for stealing their eggs... into a 2 hour movie, all those things intend to do is draw people in based on the name of the movie.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

peterdavid12345 said:
The movie seem B-rated to me. So i won't even pirated...
Video games movies sucks, it's like a common sense tbh.

This one does not suck ^^

Actually, I do think marvel movies suck, it's the same thing over and over, don't know how people like it