By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just ordered a Wii U!!!!

LudicrousSpeed said:
To each his own.

I also paid $60 each for Witcher and Fallout, and if you combined and then doubled my play time from those games, I still have more time in Titanfall :)

You might not care for the genre or something, but if you do, it seems the gameplay warrants a $60 purchase.

Guitarguy said:
Ljink96 said:
Enjoy the best console for exclusives, imo, this gen! There's a lot of fun to be had. Just make sure you get Mario Kart 8. It's probably my favorite Wii U game, that is until Zelda arrives.

I pretty much bought the console mainly for Mario Kart 8. Not just for it, but that was the game that made me really want a Wii U.

The Metroid trilogy is a must have if you haven't played it yet. You need a Wii mote and nunchuck but it's well worth it. They should be pretty cheap. 

Around the Network
Guitarguy said:

So my local(Australian) Target had the Wii U Mario Maker bundle reduced to a cool $299AUS(about $215US) shipped so I JUMPED on it. Considering it is the premium model, with a physical copy of Mario Maker and the Amiibo, I don't think Nintendo would ever sell the premium console alone for much cheaper when you subtract the game and amiibo(it would put it down to like $130US for the console and gamepad). Will take a few days to be delivered but I'm pretty hyped as I loved what I played of Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze at my friends house. I figured I would make a positive Nintendo thread in regards to the Wii U, as all the Nintendoom and NX rumor threads(well, rumor threads in general) have been annoying me. Will post an update when it comes in, can't wait.

Lets us know your experience once you really get into it.

welcome to the club.

Welcome aboard. It's got quite a few good games, like nearly every system, so some good times should still be had.

Great. Enjoy it.

I think it's the right time to get a Wii U. The library is almost complete, you can find some good deals and now there's My Nintendo to give you some discounts.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

Why not wait for the NX?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Can't really go too wrong with that price, I mean NX news or otherwise on the horizon you'll still have a nice amount of exclusive games for the Wii-U which should easily justify that entry price.

Pikmin 3 looks exceptional for it would be my first game I'd buy on the system if I found one cheap.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Tmfwang said:
Why not wait for the NX?

We know nothing about the NX and  backwards compatibility will inflate the cost of the unit significantly. We all know Nintendo doesn't like to sell their consoles at a loss and they have to compete with the PS4 and Xbox One. The money used to backwards compatibility would be better spent on making the hardware more powerful.