Forums - Movies Discussion - X-Men: Apocalypse just opened to 65 million and a 15,663 per theater average- Are we going to stop badmouthing Batman VS Superman's Gross now?

Are you going to stop hating on Batmans box office total now?

Yes, it actually did well 29 22.83%
 
yes 7 5.51%
 
No, a billion is the magi... 19 14.96%
 
no 53 41.73%
 
see results 18 14.17%
 
other post below 1 0.79%
 
Total:127

X-Men was one of Marvel's hottest properties at one time. It isn't anymore. Ever since Marvel decided to do the MCU, they have slowly devalued the X-Men property which has pissed off Fox. They don't do X-Men toy movie tie-in toy lines. You don't see that much X-Men merchandising anymore. In the comics, the X-Men are mostly isolated from the rest of the Marvel Universe. Their hope is that Fox will eventually give up on X-Men but with the recent success of Deadpool, I don't see that happening. But I do think the X-Men movies will continue to make less and less money.



Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Around the Network

It was an aweful movie, not really surprising. I went in with low expectations and it failed to even meet those.



d21lewis said:
So anybody want to make a thread comparing X-Men and suicide squad?

On one hand, X-Men was THE hottest franchise of the 90s but has since died down a lot. On the other hand, Suicide Squad is one of DC's lesser known properties but has The Joker and Batman in it. Which one takes it ?

Suicide Squad will easy win in my opinion. It will be like with Deadpool, many will see it who just find the trailers funny and stuff like that. I see people on Facebook who aren't that much into superhero movies who saw suicide squad trailers and just want to see it because they found them so greatly done with the integrated music. 

The "funny" part in Deadpool and Suicide Squad does really help the revenue. 

Well, at east for the first week, no idea how word of mouth will be for Suicide Squad but if it will be decent I see the movie to reach nice numbers. 



Someone thinks Civil War underperformed?

1.2 billion plus is underperforming? Captain is all of a sudden as big as Iron Man. That is surprising.


I say well done to Disney yet again.

Now back to Batman....



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Xmen > civil war > superbat



Around the Network
Jon-Erich said:
X-Men was one of Marvel's hottest properties at one time. It isn't anymore. Ever since Marvel decided to do the MCU, they have slowly devalued the X-Men property which has pissed off Fox. They don't do X-Men toy movie tie-in toy lines. You don't see that much X-Men merchandising anymore. In the comics, the X-Men are mostly isolated from the rest of the Marvel Universe. Their hope is that Fox will eventually give up on X-Men but with the recent success of Deadpool, I don't see that happening. But I do think the X-Men movies will continue to make less and less money.

The new cast simply was never as a popular as the old cast (Stewart/McKellan/Jackman/Barrie/Famke Janssen), First Class did OK box office but not exactly mind blowing. 

Days of Future Past was up but that was likely largely because the original cast was brought back to play major roles. 

Apocalypse basically brings it back to the newbie cast, and they're just not as popular. 

Deadpool is huge though, no doubt Fox likely will focus on retooling the X-Men universe around him. Cable will likely be in Deadpool 2, I'm sure probably other X-Men characters will be too. 



Soundwave said:
Jon-Erich said:
X-Men was one of Marvel's hottest properties at one time. It isn't anymore. Ever since Marvel decided to do the MCU, they have slowly devalued the X-Men property which has pissed off Fox. They don't do X-Men toy movie tie-in toy lines. You don't see that much X-Men merchandising anymore. In the comics, the X-Men are mostly isolated from the rest of the Marvel Universe. Their hope is that Fox will eventually give up on X-Men but with the recent success of Deadpool, I don't see that happening. But I do think the X-Men movies will continue to make less and less money.

The new cast simply was never as a popular as the old cast (Stewart/McKellan/Jackman/Barrie/Famke Janssen), First Class did OK box office but not exactly mind blowing. 

Days of Future Past was up but that was likely largely because the original cast was brought back to play major roles. 

Apocalypse basically brings it back to the newbie cast, and they're just not as popular. 

Deadpool is huge though, no doubt Fox likely will focus on retooling the X-Men universe around him. Cable will likely be in Deadpool 2, I'm sure probably other X-Men characters will be too. 

I don't know. Cable makes sense because he and Deadpool were a good comedy duo (cable was the straight man) in their own series. I don't want to see Deadpool toned down in the X universe and I don't want to see the X-Men dialed up to Deadpool levels. They've always been a more serious book. I could work but I don't want it to work! 



mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

twintail said:
Xmen > civil war > superbat

What this is a first lol. Are you saying this is the order in which you liked the movies? I haven't seen X-men yet but I heard it was a horrible movie and are you saying it was better than both Civil War and SvB?



The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

d21lewis said:
Soundwave said:

The new cast simply was never as a popular as the old cast (Stewart/McKellan/Jackman/Barrie/Famke Janssen), First Class did OK box office but not exactly mind blowing. 

Days of Future Past was up but that was likely largely because the original cast was brought back to play major roles. 

Apocalypse basically brings it back to the newbie cast, and they're just not as popular. 

Deadpool is huge though, no doubt Fox likely will focus on retooling the X-Men universe around him. Cable will likely be in Deadpool 2, I'm sure probably other X-Men characters will be too. 

I don't know. Cable makes sense because he and Deadpool were a good comedy duo (cable was the straight man) in their own series. I don't want to see Deadpool toned down in the X universe and I don't want to see the X-Men dialed up to Deadpool levels. They've always been a more serious book. I could work but I don't want it to work! 

That's probably what they will do, the next Wolverine is going to be R-rated too and I wouldn't be surprised if Deadpool has a cameo there. 

Likely Fox will go after more R-rated stuff, which is somewhere Disney really can't go. 



nanarchy said:
It was an aweful movie, not really surprising. I went in with low expectations and it failed to even meet those.

Usually when you go in with low expectations you already made up your mind the movie will be crap so it actually would take the movie being great in your opinion to move the meter for you.

This is the reason I go into moives expectating nothing that way I do not tarnish my thoughts when watching a movie.  If I had made up my mind to go see a movie, I already made up my mind that I want to see it whether its good bad or ungly and just enjoy the show.