By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - X-Men: Apocalypse just opened to 65 million and a 15,663 per theater average- Are we going to stop badmouthing Batman VS Superman's Gross now?

Are you going to stop hating on Batmans box office total now?

Yes, it actually did well 29 22.83%

yes 7 5.51%

No, a billion is the magi... 19 14.96%

no 53 41.73%

see results 18 14.17%

other post below 1 0.79%

Total:127
d21lewis said:
So anybody want to make a thread comparing X-Men and suicide squad?

On one hand, X-Men was THE hottest franchise of the 90s but has since died down a lot. On the other hand, Suicide Squad is one of DC's lesser known properties but has The Joker and Batman in it. Which one takes it ?

I think the baseline for the properties is about equal now (Xmen has never made 800m even with spectacular films like DoFP).  Suicide Squad got way more hype and its marketing hasn't really ramped up yet.  It also has all of August to itself like Guardians did.  I will say 550m for Xmen lifetime vs 650m for Suicide Squad.  I'm hoping Suicide Squad can get at least a 60%

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

Shrugs. I enjoyed it more than Civil War. I think I just like the teamwork/characters of the X-Men universe moreso. X2 and DoFP are still the best X-Men movies, but this one was OK. 

Fox will probably reboot the X-Men franchise more around Deadpool going forward, that seems to be the clear way to go though.

Skratchy said:
I actually really dig this Xmen series. I don't get what all the hate is about.

For me it's the new characters.

I loved the cast of the first 3 and just stopped caring when they killed off my favorite character. SPOOOOOOIIIILEEEERS Jean.

So yeah. But that's just me personally since a lot of people didn't like the 3rd.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

X-Men was one of Marvel's hottest properties at one time. It isn't anymore. Ever since Marvel decided to do the MCU, they have slowly devalued the X-Men property which has pissed off Fox. They don't do X-Men toy movie tie-in toy lines. You don't see that much X-Men merchandising anymore. In the comics, the X-Men are mostly isolated from the rest of the Marvel Universe. Their hope is that Fox will eventually give up on X-Men but with the recent success of Deadpool, I don't see that happening. But I do think the X-Men movies will continue to make less and less money.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

It was an aweful movie, not really surprising. I went in with low expectations and it failed to even meet those.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
So anybody want to make a thread comparing X-Men and suicide squad?

On one hand, X-Men was THE hottest franchise of the 90s but has since died down a lot. On the other hand, Suicide Squad is one of DC's lesser known properties but has The Joker and Batman in it. Which one takes it ?

Suicide Squad will easy win in my opinion. It will be like with Deadpool, many will see it who just find the trailers funny and stuff like that. I see people on Facebook who aren't that much into superhero movies who saw suicide squad trailers and just want to see it because they found them so greatly done with the integrated music. 

The "funny" part in Deadpool and Suicide Squad does really help the revenue. 

Well, at east for the first week, no idea how word of mouth will be for Suicide Squad but if it will be decent I see the movie to reach nice numbers. 

Jon-Erich said:
X-Men was one of Marvel's hottest properties at one time. It isn't anymore. Ever since Marvel decided to do the MCU, they have slowly devalued the X-Men property which has pissed off Fox. They don't do X-Men toy movie tie-in toy lines. You don't see that much X-Men merchandising anymore. In the comics, the X-Men are mostly isolated from the rest of the Marvel Universe. Their hope is that Fox will eventually give up on X-Men but with the recent success of Deadpool, I don't see that happening. But I do think the X-Men movies will continue to make less and less money.

The new cast simply was never as a popular as the old cast (Stewart/McKellan/Jackman/Barrie/Famke Janssen), First Class did OK box office but not exactly mind blowing. 

Days of Future Past was up but that was likely largely because the original cast was brought back to play major roles. 

Apocalypse basically brings it back to the newbie cast, and they're just not as popular. 

Deadpool is huge though, no doubt Fox likely will focus on retooling the X-Men universe around him. Cable will likely be in Deadpool 2, I'm sure probably other X-Men characters will be too. 

Soundwave said:
Jon-Erich said:

The new cast simply was never as a popular as the old cast (Stewart/McKellan/Jackman/Barrie/Famke Janssen), First Class did OK box office but not exactly mind blowing. 

Days of Future Past was up but that was likely largely because the original cast was brought back to play major roles. 

Apocalypse basically brings it back to the newbie cast, and they're just not as popular. 

Deadpool is huge though, no doubt Fox likely will focus on retooling the X-Men universe around him. Cable will likely be in Deadpool 2, I'm sure probably other X-Men characters will be too. 

I don't know. Cable makes sense because he and Deadpool were a good comedy duo (cable was the straight man) in their own series. I don't want to see Deadpool toned down in the X universe and I don't want to see the X-Men dialed up to Deadpool levels. They've always been a more serious book. I could work but I don't want it to work! 

twintail said:
Xmen > civil war > superbat

What this is a first lol. Are you saying this is the order in which you liked the movies? I haven't seen X-men yet but I heard it was a horrible movie and are you saying it was better than both Civil War and SvB?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

d21lewis said:
Soundwave said:

I don't know. Cable makes sense because he and Deadpool were a good comedy duo (cable was the straight man) in their own series. I don't want to see Deadpool toned down in the X universe and I don't want to see the X-Men dialed up to Deadpool levels. They've always been a more serious book. I could work but I don't want it to work! 

That's probably what they will do, the next Wolverine is going to be R-rated too and I wouldn't be surprised if Deadpool has a cameo there. 

Likely Fox will go after more R-rated stuff, which is somewhere Disney really can't go.