Forums - Movies Discussion - X-Men: Apocalypse just opened to 65 million and a 15,663 per theater average- Are we going to stop badmouthing Batman VS Superman's Gross now?

Are you going to stop hating on Batmans box office total now?

Yes, it actually did well 29 22.83%

yes 7 5.51%

No, a billion is the magi... 19 14.96%

no 53 41.73%

see results 18 14.17%

other post below 1 0.79%

Total:127

It underperformed too, doesn't make BvS look any better.

Captain America surpassed $1.1b worldwide already. It reviewed better and has been rewarded.

Around the Network

The x-men movies take themselves too seriously and lack continuality. When they dumb them down to Deadpool / Avengers level, they should become hits again. Same can be said about BVS.

I wanted to go and see it but I missed it 2 weeks in a row, I have to settle for a home show now
X-Men comics and animated comics are among the best I rate, the movies anyway are OK but not as good as comics
As an action director Brian Singer is not among the best, X-Men could really benefit if someone like Christopher Nolan was in charge a well balanced story/ Action movie can bring the best of the X-Men

foodfather said:
The x-men movies take themselves too seriously and lack continuality. When they dumb them down to Deadpool / Avengers level, they should become hits again. Same can be said about BVS.

deadpool is kinda low brow but clever in its own way.  BvS and apocalypse are all flash no substance.  Avengers has popcorn action for the casuals and deeper themes and well-written dialogue for the film fan.

I am Iron Man

Wait, is this a suggestion that Xmen is bigger as a franchise than both Batman and Superman combined? Oh my.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network

I liked pretty much all of the X-Men films so far but First Class and DoFP were really well done. I hope I enjoy this one when I eventually see it. The hype just isn't there, though.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

So anybody want to make a thread comparing X-Men and suicide squad?

On one hand, X-Men was THE hottest franchise of the 90s but has since died down a lot. On the other hand, Suicide Squad is one of DC's lesser known properties but has The Joker and Batman in it. Which one takes it ?

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

d21lewis said:
So anybody want to make a thread comparing X-Men and suicide squad?

On one hand, X-Men was THE hottest franchise of the 90s but has since died down a lot. On the other hand, Suicide Squad is one of DC's lesser known properties but has The Joker and Batman in it. Which one takes it ?

I think the baseline for the properties is about equal now (Xmen has never made 800m even with spectacular films like DoFP).  Suicide Squad got way more hype and its marketing hasn't really ramped up yet.  It also has all of August to itself like Guardians did.  I will say 550m for Xmen lifetime vs 650m for Suicide Squad.  I'm hoping Suicide Squad can get at least a 60%

I am Iron Man

Shrugs. I enjoyed it more than Civil War. I think I just like the teamwork/characters of the X-Men universe moreso. X2 and DoFP are still the best X-Men movies, but this one was OK. 

Fox will probably reboot the X-Men franchise more around Deadpool going forward, that seems to be the clear way to go though.

Skratchy said:
I actually really dig this Xmen series. I don't get what all the hate is about.

For me it's the new characters.

I loved the cast of the first 3 and just stopped caring when they killed off my favorite character. SPOOOOOOIIIILEEEERS Jean.

So yeah. But that's just me personally since a lot of people didn't like the 3rd.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]