Forums - Gaming Discussion - Its a great time to be a PC Gamer

Azzanation said:
CGI-Quality said:

Sega and Sony had their own offerings, regardless of what one preferred. Each system had something for everyone.

Maybe they had offerings but when you look at the top 10 best games of that era, Nintendo filled most of that list with there own games. Sony relied heavly on 3rd party support and barely any good qulity 1st party games with the PS1 and Segas own games were on the down hill. Nintendo had the best lineup of 1st party games that generation and they still out shine many games today. Just look at the library they had and the reviews and software sales they had, and then you had Rare Ware.

Sony actually had plenty of good 1st party titles on PS1 (a common misconception, in fact). Regardless, you aren't negating the point(s) presented and we've gone far off-topic, now. So I'm not sure what you're after.

Around the Network

PC offering for console games is getting better and better, and it has some amazing sales.
It's not at the point where it can replace a console for me though, as there are barely any PC only games I'm interested in, while many of the console or handheld games I like are not on PC. Yet. But on that note, it was announced yesterday that Zero Time Dilemma will be released for PC as well, and not just 3DS and Vita, which is very good news as it'll reach more people.

CGI-Quality said:
Azzanation said:

Maybe they had offerings but when you look at the top 10 best games of that era, Nintendo filled most of that list with there own games. Sony relied heavly on 3rd party support and barely any good qulity 1st party games with the PS1 and Segas own games were on the down hill. Nintendo had the best lineup of 1st party games that generation and they still out shine many games today. Just look at the library they had and the reviews and software sales they had, and then you had Rare Ware.

Sony actually had plenty of good 1st party titles on PS1 (a common misconception, in fact). Regardless, you aren't negating the point(s) presented and we've gone far off-topic, now. So I'm not sure what you're after.

He's just doing what he always does, which is attempting to discredit or defame anything having to do with Sony. It's easier to just ignore him. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

CGI-Quality said:
Azzanation said:

I am curious to know what great 1st party games Sony made during the PS1 era that iv missed out on? I own a PS1 and i can tell you, aside from Crash 1,2,3, and GT1, everything else was 3rd party devs. I am happy to have you list me more.

Back on topis, PC gaming has grown so much, its almost to the point where Consoles are trying to follow PC instead of PC trying to follow Consoles. Alot of gamers underestimate how big the community is. Dota, LoL, WoW alone have just as many gamers playing those 3 games then the entire 8th console sales combine (or close to) I think more gamers need to make the switch fast because upgraded yearly hardware is going to be the thread with future generations. More games, more options, more players, and more power. Thats the way i look at it.

I have a good gaming pc, but I had to leave it because I moved to another country for work... I'm pretty happy with my PS4, but I miss pc gaming so much
I have a save in the middle of my Witcher 3 playthrough and I'm dying a little every day because I can't play it!

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
CGI-Quality said:

I am curious to know what great 1st party games Sony made during the PS1 era that iv missed out on? I own a PS1 and i can tell you, aside from Crash 1,2,3, and GT1, everything else was 3rd party devs. I am happy to have you list me more.

Back on topis, PC gaming has grown so much, its almost to the point where Consoles are trying to follow PC instead of PC trying to follow Consoles. Alot of gamers underestimate how big the community is. Dota, LoL, WoW alone have just as many gamers playing those 3 games then the entire 8th console sales combine (or close to) I think more gamers need to make the switch fast because upgraded yearly hardware is going to be the thread with future generations. More games, more options, more players, and more power. Thats the way i look at it.

Crash 1-2-3-Racing

Gran Turismo 1-2

MotorToon Grand Prix

Syphon Filter 3

Jumping Flash! 1-2

Twisted Metal 1-2

Rally Cross 1-2

Ape Escape

Legend of Dragoon

MediEvil 1-2

Legend of Legaia

Porsche Challenge

MLB series

The list goes on. But I'm on my cell right now and can't be arsed for more. Wikipedia is your friend. 

It certainly is, got great games like civ6 and Cossacks 3 on the way!

I can't stand gaming on my PC for most games as it's where I work and I find it difficult to relax, so PC is only for exclusives for me, but it's always been a great platform for games and it's getting even better.

Since when haven't it been great to be a PC gamer?
Since when haven't it been great to play them all?

Just saying

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Azzanation said:
CGI-Quality said:

Hynad was nice enough to find some titles for you (although again, I'm not sure how that has anything to do with why it's so good to be a PC gamer in 2016).

As for the second part, of course those things are great for some people, but others won't agree. In short, it's a great time to be a gamer, not just a PC gamer.

Yeah, if you have the right specs it's pretty great. You get most of the third party games available on consoles plus a ton of PC exclusives. The biggest problem is the lack of Nintendo games. But if you combine a high-end PC with WiiU/3DS, you really don't need much more.