By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Its a great time to be a PC Gamer

It certainly is, got great games like civ6 and Cossacks 3 on the way!

I can't stand gaming on my PC for most games as it's where I work and I find it difficult to relax, so PC is only for exclusives for me, but it's always been a great platform for games and it's getting even better.

Around the Network

Since when haven't it been great to be a PC gamer?
Since when haven't it been great to play them all?

Just saying

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Yeah, if you have the right specs it's pretty great. You get most of the third party games available on consoles plus a ton of PC exclusives. The biggest problem is the lack of Nintendo games. But if you combine a high-end PC with WiiU/3DS, you really don't need much more.

iNathan said:
It's a great time to be a gamer pc Xbox or Playstation.

Nintendo? Not so much, barely 3rd party support meh

As a 3DS owner I am very pleased with that console. In fact it's close to overtake the original Xbox as my favorite gaming platform. I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Must be something you pulled out of some dirty hole of yours.

User was moderated for this post ~ CGI

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Yeah, if you have the right specs it's pretty great. You get most of the third party games available on consoles plus a ton of PC exclusives. The biggest problem is the lack of Nintendo games. But if you combine a high-end PC with WiiU/3DS, you really don't need much more.

But then, the biggest problem is the lack of Sony first party games. But if you compine a high-end PC with a PS4 and a Nintendo console, you really don't need much more.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

But then, the biggest problem is the lack of Sony first party games. But if you compine a high-end PC with a PS4 and a Nintendo console, you really don't need much more.

Well, personally I need everything. That's why I own a PC, PS4, PSV, XOne, WiiU, and 3DS. I need to play everything.

But if I was forced to choose, I'd leave the PS4 out. Its library is largely redundant when a PC is introduced into the equation, and its first-party software is hit or miss.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Hynad said:

Well, personally I need everything. That's why I own a PC, PS4, PSV, XOne, WiiU, and 3DS. I need to play everything.

But if I was forced to choose, I'd leave the PS4 out. Its library is largely redundant when a PC is introduced into the equation, and its first-party software is hit or miss.

Well, isn't Nintendo's library pretty redundant when you mention any prior Nintendo console?  I kid, I kid.

I too play on anything that has games that interest me. No matter the brand. I don,t yet have a XBO, mostly because they keep releasing their games on PC, and barely have any exclusive that stay on their console. So it's like they're almost telling me NOT to get one. -___-

Hynad said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Well, isn't Nintendo's library pretty redundant when you mention any prior Nintendo console?  I kid, I kid.

I too play on anything that has games that interest me. No matter the brand. I don,t yet have a XBO, mostly because they keep releasing their games on PC, and barely have any exclusive that stay on their console. So it's like they're almost telling me NOT to get one. -___-

Xbox One is a hard sell. And Microsoft isn't doing itself any favors by closing internal studios and releasing content on PC. It also hurts that Halo, Xbox' flagship franchise, is in decline, or that Fable seems to be lost and gone forever.

If you own a PC and PS4, there's almost no reason to get Xbox One. I'm hopeful that will change over the next 18 months. I'm bullish on Gears 4 and Scalebound. And it's possible ReCore and Sea of Thieves will be good, although both, I believe, will be playable on PC. Cuphead and Below look really good, but, again, they'll be available on PC.

I've ditched consoles for this gen and went with a gaming PC instead. Too many advantages. Strategies, better graphics, mods, cheaper games - that' just the top of the list. Should PC get all Halo and GeoW games, It'd be the ultimate platform.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

nope. compared to the 2000 era its a major letdown. and its even more baffling aanyone seeing this mess in a positive light.

ok. younger folk that might think the only difference between pc and console is you can switch graphics cards will have fond memories of this time...

Hunting Season is done...