By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Its a great time to be a PC Gamer

I own many consoles, from the original Nintendo, all sega consoles all the way till this generation where I own a Vita, 3ds, WiiU and Ps4 currently, but I've noticed something.

More games are coming to PC then ever! Recently they released all last gen final fantasy games, including final fantasy X which is one of my favorite in the series and they also released FF9, wow.

Not just that, dark souls runs amazing on pc (compared to previous shitty ports) many third party games, like Fallout and The Witcher just run so much better and the load times are refreshing.

Adding to that there seem to be way more PC exclusives these days, like civilization 6 coming, many projects from kickstarter and recently released games like Warhammer: Total War and Stellaris, to name just two.

Even crazier, the prices duo to steam and digital only have plummited, when I buy a game its rarely more then $40 when I feel like I am getting the best version! and now, to top the hat Xbox games are coming to the PC also, like Gears of War, Halo Wars and supposidly microsoft will announce ALL future xbox exclusives would come to pc, thats just crazy....

Mind you, I love my PS4, naughty dog games and I am quite passionate about Zelda games and nintendo handhelds in general, but with no bias it just seems to me like the PC gaming space has gotten a lot better with the current generation consoles from Microsoft and Sony supporting the same architecture might be why we have this shift, I love it :D

So, what do you guys think :)

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

I Agree.

With the absurdly huge library and the crazy steam sales (I mean that one annual sale it seems like every game is at least 50% off) I really have to agree. It's definitely the best time to be a PC gamer that I've ever known, and I've been at it since DOS and 8 inch floppy disks.

It's a great time to be a gamer pc Xbox or Playstation.

Nintendo? Not so much, barely 3rd party support meh

Sadly unless console makers stop making good exclusive games we can't get rid of them yet. But yeah I think it's great to be less and less dependent on consoles.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Steam and humble bundle... the sales are insane.
You can find really cheap games on PC, that is the main draw of PC gameing.

Indeed.

I personally think that PC is the best platform to enjoy all the third party games, except for the rare console exclusive or the few crappy ports that we get every now and then (and that most of the time get fixed by either the devs or by modders), leaving consoles only worth it for their exclusives.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

zero129 said:
iNathan said:
It's a great time to be a gamer pc Xbox or Playstation.

Nintendo? Not so much, barely 3rd party support meh

Id imagine most people who own a Nintendo system own it for the First party games and exclusives.

So id imagine they are pretty happy.

Well that would still rely on Nintendo making a bunch of great games then, which they havent really been doing. Especially when it comes to WiiU.

I agree. I prefer a console over a PC, but no one can't deny how amazing the PC platform is (huge Library, better graphics, etc.). Sadly, some of it's fan-base are the worst (worst than console fanboys)

Building my own pc a few years ago was the best gaming-related decision I have ever made. The freedom, customization, cheap/free games, and ability to play games at 60 fps has made me realize how much more enjoyment I am having than when I played on ps/xbox. Never ever going back. 

Hi