By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Its a great time to be a PC Gamer

zero129 said:
Azuren said:

What? No, I'm talking about the games themselves. Things that might work and work well on PC, but wouldn't translate well to console. Like the entire RTS genre. 

An impressive list, but it fails to impress people who aren't all about FPS, MOBAs, MMOs, or RTS. Like me.

:D

Still a rather big list, though. If anything, I believe the misunderstanding here is might be that Ruler doesn't care much for those genre and is more interested in stuff like TLG, Star Ocean, or Horizon. A lack of interest creates a lack of awareness, as well as a preference. That's the real divide between Consoles and PCs now; genre. Yes, some cross back and forth. But the best ones tend to be exclusive. 

It is an ampressive list and the is only 1 moba and i think 2 mmos on it. Many of them other games are not Mobas or MMos, and Clearly you know also the list could be much bigger if i wanted to add the wealth of exclusive platform games, JRPG games, Racing games, Beat Em Up games etc.

But then this thread would be 100 pages long with just PC exclusives being listed.

And if Ruler doesnt like FPS games and with FPS games also being the biggest selling Genre on PS4, so i guess he should just sell his PS4 then?.

And no the "Best" games dont tend to be exclusive.

The Witcher 3 thats not exclusive,

No mans sky thats not exclusive,

Street Fighter 5? nope not exclusive,

Final Fantasy 7? na not exclusive?

FFVs13 nope not exclusive,

Shemue 3? na thats not exclusie.

Devil may cry?

Metal Gear solid?

Tales of?

the list goes on and on, unless you think all Sony exclusive games are better then 3rd party offerings and in this case you would then be a big time Sony fan clearly but this is still no reason to be blinded.

Hell i wouldnt put the order in with any of them games.

Final Fantasy 7 and shemue i know i will enjoy more then any Sony exclusive including Uncharted 4.

Ignorance is one thing. Being plane insulting is another.

Users like Ruler and you with your sly little jab (Only fps,mobas) know well that the PC has a wealth of different exclusives in a number of different Genres, and is now also getting IMO the "BEST" console exclusives also from both sides.

Not only that but PC multi plat games get to play with both Sony and MS gamers!.

True its only Rocket Leagure that i know of thats doing this now, but i can see all future games allowing this.

And no Genre doesnt devide console and PC. PC has all the Same genres as console however the other way around is not true.

Only thing that is true is that PC has much more Exclusive genres.

Btw make sure to take pictures of your PC with your name on it with them 2 1080's your meant to be buying ill be waiting...

Whoa, reel it in, Zero. The point I was making is that as far as third person gaming is concerned (and not First person controls set behind the player character), the best of those exclusives are on console. inFAMOUS, Ratchet, Mario... Yes, some like the Witcher are available on PC. But the number of exclusive games like that on PC is practically zero (or at least I haven't been able to find many).

And it wasn't a jab, it was an observation. If you like FPS a ton, but you are console exclusive... You probably made bad decisions. And no, Sony first parties won't be heading to PC, nor will many of its exclusives. It's mostly XB1 that's losing exclusives due to MS wanting to support Windows as a gaming platform.

And I wouldn't say PC has exclusive genres... Just genres console gamers aren't typically interested in. Otherwise they'd have bought a PC for them already.

And nah, a friend talked me out of the 1080's. I'll grab a 1070, then another later to SLI. That should be enough to run 45FPS on 4K.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Surprise someone brought up PS+ games has a positive for PS4, I could spend 1$ each week for a year at humble bundle and end up with more and better games then PS+.

Ruler said:
Slimebeast said:

You have to include the indie games to really acknowledge the strength of the PC.

Mount & Blade, Expeditions: Conquistador, Pillars of Eternity, Grim Dawn, Legend of Grimrock, Kingdom, Cities: Skyline, Europa Universalis, Stellaris, SOMA, Banished, just to make a few I like a lot.

There's just so many sophisticated, deep, quality games on PC made with smaller budgets.

And then there's the big ones like XCOM, Total War and Heroes of Might & Magic.

yeah but so does have the PS4, i wont search now everyone of these games to look if its also avaible on consoles but i assume they are all PC exclsuives.

Here is a list of great PS4 games who also have a lower budget and above all are PlayStatioin Exclusives.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth

Deception 4 the Nightmare Princess

Nights of Azure

Onechanbara Z2

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book 

just some games of top of my head

Natural Doctrine

Godzilla

Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness

The Witch and the Hundred Knight 

Senran Kagura Estival Versus

Grand Kingdom 

Sword Art Online - Lost Song 

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires 

Omega Quintet

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

some more games looking at my amazon wishlist  :)

Ruler said:
Ruler said:

yeah but so does have the PS4, i wont search now everyone of these games to look if its also avaible on consoles but i assume they are all PC exclsuives.

Here is a list of great PS4 games who also have a lower budget and above all are PlayStatioin Exclusives.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth

Deception 4 the Nightmare Princess

Nights of Azure

Onechanbara Z2

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book 

just some games of top of my head

Natural Doctrine

Godzilla

Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness

The Witch and the Hundred Knight 

Senran Kagura Estival Versus

Grand Kingdom 

Sword Art Online - Lost Song 

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires 

Omega Quintet

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

some more games looking at my amazon wishlist  :)

Perv :P

I wonder why Ruler felt the need to derail this thread?

Around the Network

Since TC asked what we think, I'm going to give my opinion. Personally, I don't think the PC platform offers anything special that would make go out of my way to get into it. All the big games are multiplatforms in any case.

_Jameson said:

you are derailing the thread, this thread was always about PC gaming vs Console Gaming/which is the better eco system and comparing the two

read OPs own words

I own many consoles, from the original Nintendo, all sega consoles all the way till this generation where I own a Vita, 3ds, WiiU and Ps4 currently, but I've noticed something.

More games are coming to PC then ever! Recently they released all last gen final fantasy games, including final fantasy X which is one of my favorite in the series and they also released FF9, wow.

Not just that, dark souls runs amazing on pc (compared to previous shitty ports) many third party games, like Fallout and The Witcher just run so much better and the load times are refreshing.

Adding to that there seem to be way more PC exclusives these days, like civilization 6 coming, many projects from kickstarter and recently released games like Warhammer: Total War and Stellaris, to name just two.

Even crazier, the prices duo to steam and digital only have plummited, when I buy a game its rarely more then $40 when I feel like I am getting the best version! and now, to top the hat Xbox games are coming to the PC also, like Gears of War, Halo Wars and supposidly microsoft will announce ALL future xbox exclusives would come to pc, thats just crazy....

Mind you, I love my PS4, naughty dog games and I am quite passionate about Zelda games and nintendo handhelds in general, but with no bias it just seems to me like the PC gaming space has gotten a lot better with the current generation consoles from Microsoft and Sony supporting the same architecture might be why we have this shift, I love it :D

So, what do you guys think :)

All praise Lord Gaben. PC gaming is Mecca. Lord Gaben commands all make pilgrimage!

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

zero129 said:
Azuren said:

Whoa, reel it in, Zero. The point I was making is that as far as third person gaming is concerned (and not First person controls set behind the player character), the best of those exclusives are on console. inFAMOUS, Ratchet, Mario... Yes, some like the Witcher are available on PC. But the number of exclusive games like that on PC is practically zero (or at least I haven't been able to find many).

And it wasn't a jab, it was an observation. If you like FPS a ton, but you are console exclusive... You probably made bad decisions. And no, Sony first parties won't be heading to PC, nor will many of its exclusives. It's mostly XB1 that's losing exclusives due to MS wanting to support Windows as a gaming platform.

And I wouldn't say PC has exclusive genres... Just genres console gamers aren't typically interested in. Otherwise they'd have bought a PC for them already.

And nah, a friend talked me out of the 1080's. I'll grab a 1070, then another later to SLI. That should be enough to run 45FPS on 4K.

OMG here you go again. Console does "Not" have the best 3rd person exclusives this is subjective and is no way anything got to do with rulers false blinded statements that he calls as facts (kinda like what you just did here).

And yes PC does have exclusive genres even if many console FANS!! are not intrested in them many a true gamers are since a true gamer doesnt hold themselfs from experinces and games on another system over silly reasons as it being on another system.

This is also the reason why many console players also own a PC as a 2nd device. You do know most console gamers have said PC is the best device to complement their console.

And i still dont believe you even have a PC .

I mean, I've told you before that I'm open to suggestions o: It's not like I'll shoot down any third person exclusives you say. I saw Hyper Light Drifter and was about to buy it, but I saw it was coming out on PS4 player and thought "I want that Platinum." Got any others like that?

Well, I'm sure those genres have shown up at some point on console. Even point and click adventures have appeared on consoles. 

And I do, too, I'll send you a picture tonight :D

Ruler said:
_Jameson said:

you are derailing the thread, this thread was always about PC gaming vs Console Gaming/which is the better eco system and comparing the two

read OPs own words

I own many consoles, from the original Nintendo, all sega consoles all the way till this generation where I own a Vita, 3ds, WiiU and Ps4 currently, but I've noticed something.

More games are coming to PC then ever! Recently they released all last gen final fantasy games, including final fantasy X which is one of my favorite in the series and they also released FF9, wow.

Not just that, dark souls runs amazing on pc (compared to previous shitty ports) many third party games, like Fallout and The Witcher just run so much better and the load times are refreshing.

Adding to that there seem to be way more PC exclusives these days, like civilization 6 coming, many projects from kickstarter and recently released games like Warhammer: Total War and Stellaris, to name just two.

Even crazier, the prices duo to steam and digital only have plummited, when I buy a game its rarely more then $40 when I feel like I am getting the best version! and now, to top the hat Xbox games are coming to the PC also, like Gears of War, Halo Wars and supposidly microsoft will announce ALL future xbox exclusives would come to pc, thats just crazy....

Mind you, I love my PS4, naughty dog games and I am quite passionate about Zelda games and nintendo handhelds in general, but with no bias it just seems to me like the PC gaming space has gotten a lot better with the current generation consoles from Microsoft and Sony supporting the same architecture might be why we have this shift, I love it :D

So, what do you guys think :)

Can you highlight the words that triggered you? To me it seems like OP is just praising the PC gaming growth this gen.