By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Its a great time to be a PC Gamer

Johnw1104 said:
With the absurdly huge library and the crazy steam sales (I mean that one annual sale it seems like every game is at least 50% off) I really have to agree. It's definitely the best time to be a PC gamer that I've ever known, and I've been at it since DOS and 8 inch floppy disks.

I have to dissagree with you on the last part, mid 90's to mid 00's the best by far.

Around the Network

Indeed, is crazy the amount of games PC is getting lately, it is truly becoming the best place to play this generation. If only Nintendo and Naughty Dog were on this band too, consoles would make no sense to me no more.

Agreed. Stellaris is the bomb and I'll be delving into total war soon aswell. Also hearts of iron 4 coming this D-day!

Bethesda still refuses to port their games to Linux and Microsoft's app platform s*cks.

Agreed!!! Specially since Overwatch on PC is only $40!!! Fap Fap Fap

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I have a laptop that does everything it needs to do and he is portable no need for a gaming pc :P

Always has been, I'm really happy about releases like FFX HD on Steam and a proper port of MGS5 as well, the PC version of MGS is actually better than the PS4 version, which is a pleasant surprise.

Agreed. Feels good man.

All hail the PC. It certainly is good.

I'm still enjoying Mont & Blade: Warband so much (through Viking reforged), and Bannerlord looks unbelievably good. I can't believe we'll get to experience such a game some day.

I dissagree, despite PC gaming having a lot less games in the past it had a lot more significant exclusives and felt like it was worth owning a capable gaming pc along with your consoles. Even during the 7th gen you had at least crysis and starcraft 2 looking way beyond console graphics.

And in general PC has no real quality good rts games anymore, like Warcraft 3, Age of Empires  2, Battle Realms, C&C and so on. Blizzard is more busy to make a fps game , a dota clone, a warcraft card game or a mediocore warcraft movie rather than to make a new real Warcraft game.

For me these exclusives truely mattered, Warcraft 3 and the promise of Starcraft 2 is what innitially made me go to the PC route instead buying a PS3 for 600$. Today its the completly opposite with Bloodborne being now my favorite game of all time, only on the ps4.

Today i get almost every game now the pc gets on my ps4, and i think with the PS4 Neo and frequant console upgrades the library will just keep growing and growing where it one day the difference will be small in comparison to steam. Just today i got the Last Blade 2 on my PS4 and vita TV, is this avaible on steam? Last month i got Resident Evil 6, 0, 1 remasters, Valkyria chronicles, Gravity Rush and so on. 

And the power advantage with the neo will also become more irrelavnt, espacially if i can also play my exclusive in better performance as well, like Bloodborne.