By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC master race! Are you impressed by Uncharted 4's graphics?

As a PC gamer. Uncharted 4 as one whole package...

has exceeded all games before it. 513 49.00%

I've seen better. 239 22.83%

Roughly the same as games I've played on PC. 93 8.88%

Indifference. I do not own a high end PC. 202 19.29%

Total:1,047

But it's only 1080P. - Would look better on PC without question.
Thankfully one day it will be on PC.

Star Citizen is technically superior, especially across multiple displays, Uncharted is small in scope in comparison.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

That's kind of not answering the question?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

As a PC gamer. Uncharted 4 as one whole package has exceeded all games before it.

So, where do I fall? I just recently got a gaming rig, lol. But, while I was playing, and saw the light shine through nate's ear! OMG, that's when I knew... It reminded me of shining a light though my fingernail, with all the bright lights, and yellows, and reds, and stuff. And, there it was. All in Nate's ear. So awesome! But, I was also impressed with MGSV, graphically... BUT, I quit that game due to it's repetitiveness.

But, I've only just yesterday decided I'm buying all multi-plats on PC, from now on.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Pemalite said:

That's kind of not answering the question?

I did answer the question. Aka. "I've seen better".

Physics, Shadowing, Texturing, VFX the works are all a step down from Star Citizen. Not to mention that Uncharted 4 is only 1080P/900P and struggles to maintain 60fps.
I won't even mention the inferior Anti-Aliasing and texture filtering and some of the Normal Map pop-in.

Uncharted managed to achieve it's degree of fidelity thanks to the tiny areas which allows more of the consoles limited resources to be focused on the teeny  tiny amount of assets, it's the same issue that the Order 1886 and Ryse had, they were very "small" experiences.

Uncharted 4 is a decently looking game, for a console game. - But the PC is still in another league entirely, especially once you start looking towards 5k, eyefinity/surround vision/VR, in other words, it's the same old status quo.

Around the Network

The game looks very good. But I think Doom looks better. id Tech 6, hard to beat.

I think the detail that ND puts in the game is amazing (like shooting the rocks and seeing a little rubble fall) and for being on a console, it looks fantastic and rivals many PC games. The closest game I could think of in terms of 3rd person action/adventure would be Witcher 3 and it definitely looks better on PC, although the art-style is different. Many AAA PC games are multi-plat so it is easy to compare the same versions, but Uncharted 4 definitely pushes the boundary of what a console can do. Some PC games though just look even more amazing like Star Citizen, Project Cars (some screens of this look real-life), Crysis 3, Battlefront on PC looks amazing and even better than BF4, which gives me hope for BF5-4=1. The Division looks quite good as well.

*NOTE that I do not have a PS4 and have not played UC4 first hand, but I agree it looks really great and am jelly as a PC gamer.

Pemalite said:

Star Citizen is technically superior, especially across multiple displays, Uncharted is small in scope in comparison.

By then the PS5 will be out and UC4 wont even be relevant

Chevinator123 said:
Pemalite said:

UC4 will likely receive "enhancements" to make it look and run better than the original.

Chevinator123 said:
Pemalite said:

lol

i don't think anyone (pc or console gamer) would disagree that a high end pc could do better than ps4 but i don't think their are many that would disagree that not one is really developing for high end pc.  most publishers want to be multiplat with console/pc and even pc exclusives don't want to alienate potential customer by setting minimum specs too high.  love it or hate it console specs basically represent the maximum power anyone is willing to develop for.

uncharted 4 is one of the best looking games period.

would look better on pc i suppose but without ps4 it wouldn't exist so that's not much of an argument.