By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC master race! Are you impressed by Uncharted 4's graphics?

As a PC gamer. Uncharted 4 as one whole package...

has exceeded all games before it. 513 49.00%

I've seen better. 239 22.83%

Roughly the same as games I've played on PC. 93 8.88%

Indifference. I do not own a high end PC. 202 19.29%

Total:1,047

I am impressed by Naughty Dog's programming and scripting skills. As for the technology used in general, no single technology seems in particularly impressive, but the whole picture is definitely stellar. It goes to show how much important resources are these days. Although, on PC it would've had better image quality and frame-rate (:P)

Around the Network

The denial is overwhelming in this thread. And UC4 runs on a system that costed 399 euros...

golfgt170 said:
The denial is overwhelming in this thread. And UC4 runs on a system that costed 399 euros...

Haha, yeah it feels like bait for potential insecurity (not intentional, but human nature I suppose).

As a primarily PC gamer I think it's ridiculously well made. You can see the combo of extreme talent and budget going into it, and squeezing the PS4 APU for every bit of potential or damned close to max.

Whoever compared it to Ryse, DS3, and AC:Syndicate I don't believe has seen it in person or looked at the overall package. I have all of those, and can play them maxed out at 1440P on my rig, and NONE of them look great beyond just resolution and AA. AC:Unity looks better than Syndicate, but still not quite as excellent as UC4 in terms of motion cap or facial animation, Ryse looks closer, but still very rough in many respects (as well as being tightly on rails), and DS3, well. DS3 looks 'fine' for what it is, but graphics are far from the selling point of the DS series. It's a mediocre looking game that plays incredible for the type of game that it is.

As someone who has console-only gamers over regularly, the most impressive thing I can usually show them is heavily-modded Skyrim. Obviously such an ancient engine still has it's flaws, but outside of crazy resolutions and 60fps+ framerates, it's one of the only titles that can look epic with the right rig. I'll link a Youtube video here, but bear in mind that Youtube murders IQ, and imagine seeing this at 2560x1440 at 60fps :

https://youtu.be/7AaGJkLYmPc?t=1m16s

Not every detial is perfect, but the lighting ENB and especially the water effects are supreme. And this stuff is mostly fanmade :)

Can't ask me because I played games in 480p from 2006-2015 lmao...

I still think games from PS3 are stunning and breathtaking

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

On a technical level? I was really impressed when it was shown the first time before like 20 downgrades.The end result? not so much except for its physics.Both The order and Driveclub have better lighting, weather, textures and environment, and Star Citizen will have better physics.Artistically the game is really beautiful there are lots of small details everywhere, you can tell that ND spent time even on the most unnoticed areas.This is one of those games that can be considered art.

Around the Network

Judging by the poll, there's a lot more PC gamers on this site than I thought... Almost suspiciously many!

Anyway, I'm not impressed but it sure looks great.

The animation quality is sublime. That's really what stands out for me the most.

There are environments (and relics) in RotTR that to me are more impressive as they strike more realistic representation, while Uncharted can come across a bit on the 'tooney' in its over saturation of colors.

The graphics themselves are good for the hardware in question, but i've been playing at QHD well before this round of consoles came and UHD High/Ultra for now 2years...so the image quality leaves a lot to be desired to be honest.

UC4 is a very pretty and distinctive looking game, but we all know it would look and run better with a $140 GTX 950 .

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Qwark said:

Star citizen obliterate Uncharted 4 to be honest. And as my avatar suggests I am a PS4 fan, but it is the simple truth. It's almost the same as comparing the Ratchet and Clank game to zootopia on Uhd blu ray. Surely R&C looks fine but it doesn't come close towards Zootopia.

Star Citizens might be above it technically, mostyly from a picture quality point of view, but when it comes to animations and facial expressions, it looks quite stiff despite having good character models. Uncharted 4 beats it in those categories. 

Plus, it being in space makes everything look quite flat and dark. Good thing there's a really good lighting system in place to compensate for the boring lifeless environments.

From a pure artistic point of view, Star Citizens got nothing over Uncharted 4.

Star Citizen, is it this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO7HDtUYMxg

Thats got to be a Joke Right?

I have an old PC that I upgraded with a cheap (but silent, power saving and passive cooled) R7 250, so it largely exceeds what I can currently obtain from any game my PC can run.
I find it almost excellent overall, but alas, in some videos and screenshots I saw, characters' skin fell into teh Uncanny Valley. Not in every video or image, but with some lighting conditions it looks totally unnatural or at best sick, unhealthy.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!