By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC master race! Are you impressed by Uncharted 4's graphics?

As a PC gamer. Uncharted 4 as one whole package...

has exceeded all games before it. 513 49.00%

I've seen better. 239 22.83%

Roughly the same as games I've played on PC. 93 8.88%

Indifference. I do not own a high end PC. 202 19.29%

Total:1,047

Animations > everything else.

It's why Syphon Filter and Spyro were amazing on PS1, and it's why Uncharted 4 is in a league of its own. Too bad the game is boring, annoying and unplayable to me.

Around the Network
FunFan said:

So, PC gamers were asked what we think of Uncharted 4 graphics. We gave our answer. Some of you guys didn't liked some the answers? Too bad. Here are a few facts:

1. Theres no such thing as a PC master race. We use the nomenclature because is funny.

Many legitimately follow the whole "PC Master Race" thing as though it were fact and that they need to arbitrarily hate console gamers. While they are the minority, I unforunately get to meet many of them as I work in electronic retail, so I can at least confirm their loathsome existence.

2. Is the game running only at 1080p, 30 fps? Then it means it's shackled by the hardware limitations. Sorry but we are used to higher everything.

I believe this is what most people are taking offense to; you don't care to look at it as "Holy crap, look at what they accomplished with this dated tech!", you wish only to compare it to rigs in the range of two the three times more expensive. And "Sorry but we are used to higher everything" is a pretty arrogant thing to say, not to mention inflammatory.

3. We aren't saying the game has no merits at all. Just that we have seen and expect better.

You continue to belittle, again dismissing the insane amount of optimization that has gone into make a game look and run this well on what is essentially a customized 7870. It's not that we don't agree; it's that you're being a jerk about it.

4. PC gamers aren't lying/kidding/in denial just because some of them didn't give the answer some of you hoped. Was this intended to be a yes or yes question?

PC gamers are no more in denial than console gamers. Console gamers are in denial about specs, PC gamers are in denial about those sweet console exclusives.

5. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: Were you looking for PC gamers "approval" with such a thread? PC gamers didn't go making threads of Start Citizen asking specifically to console gamers what they thought of its graphics (instead they just rub it into every thread they where the chance it given). Why should we care what console gamers think? We already know they are amazing. We don't need them to tell us, unless... WE HAD DOUBTS.

Lets be honest, this is what it all comes down to. The only thing that is shown here is the sheer insecurity of... sigh. A few PC gamers aren't impressed? So what? Deal with it. Move on. Enjoy the game.

Or maybe you're only here out of your own insecurity after having likely spent 75%-300% more on your rig despite a $300-4350 console being capable of feats such as this? Everyone has insecurities; calling them out on them doesn't make you seem big, either. It makes you smaller.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

zero129 said:
CGI-Quality said:

For a guy who was done after the first reply, you sure do like to keep talking about it. :P

Ok you win

Zero, you must be in denial; this is clearly the best looking game ever. Weep from behind your puny PC, for Console Gamers have become gods.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

zero129 said:
Ruler said:

You only download games Brazilzero, you rebuy old games from GOG and say: here it works, i spend money on an old game again. These versions are modefied in order to work on new OSs.

But have you ever tried to buy a used PC game disc from the 90s or even PS2 era? These games wont work anymore on your new computer on a new OS. This will be the future of many PC games doesnt matter if you download them from steam, they will stop working one day if you have a newer OS from Microsoft, and not every devoloper is like Blizzard and will patch them. 

Even with Virtualization it wont work with every game, its so much of hazzle over just owning a PS1, PS2 and PS3 for example. In fact its easier and more convenient to emulate console games on PC than actually trying to get the equilant PC ports running on a mordern PC OS.

I was a PC gamer for almost a decade last gen unlike you who only recentley got into PC gaming. I know what i am talking about 

Why do you talk about PC gaming as if you know about it?. You spread so much lies its not even funny.

Virtualization means your running whatever OS you set it up for. the full OS.

The is plenty of ways of getting "Them old games" off the disc and playing them again using something like Dosbox. In fact for your information this is the same software GoG uses for them "Updated" releases.. Whoed of guessed??.

well i never was interested into digital games in the first place even when i was a PC gamer. But i do think they they modify the original game or something, or are setting the options in the correct settings in order for you to run these games.

And they are plenty of examples of older PC game who had a Disc version in the past but were rereleased on Steam, like Grandia 2. Why was it necessary  to release Grandia 2 when it allready exist as a PC DVD release? And there are countless of examples where PC games are silently rerealesed digitally: Resident Evil 5 Gold edition, Dark Souls 2 Sholar of the first Sin and so on. And people are happy of these rereleases on steam like they never existed before on PC. 

I never could figure out Dosbox properly on each game, sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt. Same with virtual OSs. Maybe you can run every PC game with these tools on a new OS but do you know what? is it worth it? To spend so much time, trial and error in order just to run a game instead actually gaming? Not for me anymore

BasilZero said:
Ruler said:

You only download games Brazilzero, you rebuy old games from GOG and say: here it works, i spend money on an old game again. These versions are modefied in order to work on new OSs.

But have you ever tried to buy a used PC game disc from the 90s or even PS2 era? These games wont work anymore on your new computer on a new OS. This will be the future of many PC games doesnt matter if you download them from steam, they will stop working one day if you have a newer OS from Microsoft, and not every devoloper is like Blizzard and will patch them. 

Even with Virtualization it wont work with every game, its so much of hazzle over just owning a PS1, PS2 and PS3 for example. In fact its easier and more convenient to emulate console games on PC than actually trying to get the equilant PC ports running on a mordern PC OS.

I was a PC gamer for almost a decade last gen unlike you who only recentley got into PC gaming. I know what i am talking about 

I dont only download games - so get your facts straight.

I'm from India, not Brazil.

I have never bought a game from GOG - all 30+ games I got on GOG have been free. I have over 800 games on Steam and over 50 games on Origin.

I've never bought a PC game disc from the 1990s - all of my PC games are digital minus the Elder Scrolls Anthology but that was only because the Anthology was $20 and came with the Steam codes.

Can you explain why I downloaded a game from 1996 and still works for me on my Windows 8.1 laptop? No then stop making blind statements like you actually know how PCs work.

If you were a PC gamer for almost a decade, then you were a pretty clueless PC gamer especially after seeing how you responded about Virtualization. I've been working with computers since the 1990s - so unlike you, I know the ins and outs to actually troubleshoot and modify files.

yeah sure 

"It would look better on PC" is not an argument, because it would also look better on a even stronger PC than you are using for your argument, so your PC is disappointing and weak and therefore shouldnt even be brought up in conversation.

Seriously though. Is there another game right now that does everything UC4 does? I highly doubt it.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I am quite shocked to read the respons from the fellow Master-race... Quite repulsive to read...

Uncharted don't have high enough settings, basically it...... If settings is graphics, you lost focus on it's entiety, Games are more then just settings.. As a pc gamer, i am ashamed to read the bollocks.. I kinda hoped these guys bought pc because it offered them a libary but no, Higher settings... If you can't have over 1080p and 60fps, the game is ugly.. Phonies

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Porcupine_I said:
"It would look better on PC" is not an argument, because it would also look better on a even stronger PC than you are using for your argument, so your PC is disappointing and weak and therefore shouldnt even be brought up in conversation.

Seriously though. Is there another game right now that does everything UC4 does? I highly doubt it.

Exactly my point. That's why in my previous post i mentioned the original 399 price point. But i think ppl misunderstood the point of this thread. Yeah a 5000 euro PC will run a game at 8k 300fps. BUT, what makes good graphics goes beyond that.

Example: Witcher1 and witcher3 both running at 4k/60fps. Are they on the same graphic league?

Baryonyx said:

I am quite shocked to read the respons from the fellow Master-race... Quite repulsive to read...

Uncharted don't have high enough settings, basically it...... If settings is graphics, you lost focus on it's entiety, Games are more then just settings.. As a pc gamer, i am ashamed to read the bollocks.. I kinda hoped these guys bought pc because it offered them a libary but no, Higher settings... If you can't have over 1080p and 60fps, the game is ugly.. Phonies

Hey, I'm somewhat offended lol :P (not really). Anyway, I thought what I had to say as a primarily PC gamer was fair :

"

As a primarily PC gamer, I didn't see an option in the poll for what I feel, so I'll briefly summarize here :

The attention to overall detail, and production quality are absolutely outstanding. From sound to voice acting to motion capture to the level design is beyond stellar.

In pure graphical detail/performance, I'd have to say it's a little bit of a mixed bag. Obviously with a performance ceiling in place, even with the extreme wizardry of Naughty Dog on tap, you're going to see areas where PC games can/do look better in specific areas. Framerate is a big one, and you could go through the game and find spots here and there where they couldn't have extremely high detail textures in order to keep performance working smoothly. There are more than a few assets that look pretty average. But that shouldn't take away from the achievement whatsoever. It's a showcase game, and in totality has got to be considered with the best of the best in terms of a total experience. In my mind, the closest analog we can play on PC is TR 2015, and even running that in 4K at a better framerate it's still a 'lesser' game to me. The motion cap and world design of UC4 is just better.

I feel like I haven't answered that well enough, but there you have it. I couldn't possibly have more respect for ND as a dev. I could only imagine how good a proper PC port would look, but obviously that's impossible, so we can only marvel at what they were able to accomplish on such meager specs."

I didn't vote obviously due to the lack of option but if there was an entry for me it would be :

"Awesome achievement. Best in the industry in some respects, though you can still tell that ND was straining against the limits of the hardware"

With PC, you can take a mediocre game, set it to 4K, run it at 120FPS, run max details, god rays, yadda/etc, but if the content and art are just mediocre, it will just be a sharper/clearer/smoother mediocre experience. On the flip side, if you take a pretty awesome game (IMHO stuff like BF4, FC4, Skyrim, Witcher series, etc) and run it at 1440P or 4K with much improved smoothness and details, then it helps.

But in the end, it's all about fun right? Hell I have played on computers and consoles for the better part of my 39 years on this planet. I'm sure as hell not going to argue with anyone about what they think is fun or looks great or whatever. It's in the eye of the beholder, and regardless of what I think, I'm happy for anyone that's having fun or is a fan of something. And UC4 to me is REALLY impressive in so many ways.

Pemalite said:

But it's only 1080P. - Would look better on PC without question.
Thankfully one day it will be on PC.

Star Citizen is technically superior, especially across multiple displays, Uncharted is small in scope in comparison.

The bar has been set by the other party, there is no way anything like Star Citizen let alone any game on PC will ever top UC4, that's just how it;s going to roll according to some people.

Also the poll results are open ended which means anyone who doesn't game or even like PC gaming can cast their vote in which renders the poll pointless. 

I'd love to make a thread for Star Citizen when it releases and ask the same question, but I know it would get a resounding "meh".

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Lol, so much BS in this thread. I play most of my games at 2k60 and yet have no issues with U4s 1080p30. Its a damn console game, what do you expect. Its simply phenomenal for the hardware its running on. Good lord some people can be so petty. Best graphics ever, no. Very impressive, absolutely.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine