By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC master race! Are you impressed by Uncharted 4's graphics?

As a PC gamer. Uncharted 4 as one whole package...

has exceeded all games before it. 513 49.00%

I've seen better. 239 22.83%

Roughly the same as games I've played on PC. 93 8.88%

Indifference. I do not own a high end PC. 202 19.29%

Total:1,047

Also people needs to understand that U4's attention to detail is due to game having small enviroments (except for Madagascar and 2 or 3 chapters in the whole campaign) when compared to games like GTA V or The Witcher 3.

Wow Nate's clock moves real time, and Nate talks to Sully that is so amazing! But then games like The Witcher 3 which has a world a 100 times bigger than any of Uncahrted's levels and so many things, quests and dialogues no one is impressed (?) (well luckily a lot of people got impressed and the game is the one with the most goty prizes of all time) but for real people needs to think a little on what other games offer before being impressed about a clock that moves on Nate's wrist... Although many just say it is so incredible because it's a Naughty Dog game and they are fanboys of the PS brand.

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

Around the Network

Not really... I am impressed by how much ND is able to push on the ps4 but you would need something zomg to impress me these days.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I played it on Youtube and wasn't impressed but I haven't been impressed since 2009 when Batman Arkham Asylum was released. I liked that in UC4 foliage didn't have that looping strong wind effect that all other games seem to have (hello Witcher 3) making it look stupid.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Star citizen obliterate Uncharted 4 to be honest. And as my avatar suggests I am a PS4 fan, but it is the simple truth. It's almost the same as comparing the Ratchet and Clank game to zootopia on Uhd blu ray. Surely R&C looks fine but it doesn't come close towards Zootopia.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

John2290 said:
Qwark said:
Star citizens obliterate Uncharted 4 to be honest.

What? The metal walls look better?

The debris, stars and being able to play it on 2 4k displays, make it way more impressive than Uncharted. Not to mention the level of detail on the ships.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Uabit said:

Also people needs to understand that U4's attention to detail is due to game having small enviroments (except for Madagascar and 2 or 3 chapters in the whole campaign) when compared to games like GTA V or The Witcher 3.

Wow Nate's clock moves real time, and Nate talks to Sully that is so amazing! But then games like The Witcher 3 which has a world a 100 times bigger than any of Uncahrted's levels and so many things, quests and dialogues no one is impressed (?) (well luckily a lot of people got impressed and the game is the one with the most goty prizes of all time) but for real people needs to think a little on what other games offer before being impressed about a clock that moves on Nate's wrist... Although many just say it is so incredible because it's a Naughty Dog game and they are fanboys of the PS brand.

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

And yet Witcher 3 manages to perform quite bad on consoles with pop ins and frate rate drops.

Call me again when you want to compare games on PC that have been properly optimized on consoles.

Honestly I hate the console's specs for this generation. To undermine UC4 and call people fanboys just because they found this impressive is another arrogant mindset of PC gamers. Give credit to where it's due.

I have a gaming rig. 980ti super clocked, and the master race thing is just a joke that some people take seriously.

ok folks, it's time to be honest with yourself. I've played Star Citizen, and Black Desert Online, etc etc, on highest settings and these are MMOs, so of course they're going to be more vast. Still these games do not come close to the level of detail that Uncharted 4 has. Uncharted 4 simply looks better.

Don't believe me? This is my Star Citizen page. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Laughing_Octopus

This is my rig. http://i.imgur.com/hAQ8lSy.jpg

I do not believe anyone that says otherwise.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

For the hardware it is running on it is one of (if not the most) visually appealing games currently on console. As a predominate PC gamer I was impressed with the detail and effort. Props to ND for the accomplishment.

For PC standards though......as others have stated Star Citizen, is on another level.

TW3 and Star Wars Battlefront on Ultra settings surpass it as well IMO.

Pemalite said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

That's kind of not answering the question?

I did answer the question. Aka. "I've seen better".

Physics, Shadowing, Texturing, VFX the works are all a step down from Star Citizen. Not to mention that Uncharted 4 is only 1080P/900P and struggles to maintain 60fps.
I won't even mention the inferior Anti-Aliasing and texture filtering and some of the Normal Map pop-in.

Uncharted managed to achieve it's degree of fidelity thanks to the tiny areas which allows more of the consoles limited resources to be focused on the teeny  tiny amount of assets, it's the same issue that the Order 1886 and Ryse had, they were very "small" experiences.

Uncharted 4 is a decently looking game, for a console game. - But the PC is still in another league entirely, especially once you start looking towards 5k, eyefinity/surround vision/VR, in other words, it's the same old status quo.

I've seen better isn't an answer,

'Uncharted 4 is a decently looking game, for a console game' That's an answer.

'Where you impressed by your cake'  'I've had better' could mean, it was really good, you've had better but it's still great. Or it could mean, I've had better, it was terrible.

Struggles? 

Tiny areas? Well someone hasn't played the game or even looked at it's levels in single player, because that couldn't be further from the truth? Even in the E3 demo you can see the areas are huge.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

BasilZero said:
m0ney said:

I played it on Youtube

Youtube has better rez and fps than PS4 :D

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.