By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 4 first week sell-through surpass 2.7 million, fastest-selling PS4 first party title to-date in NA and PAL Region

JRPGfan said:
idc219 said:

I thought halo 5 did 400 million in 5 days. Assuming uc4 sold at 60.00 2.7 million*60 is 162 million. Now don't get me wrong I am glad uc4 sold well. Just making a point to your statement. Halo 5 cannot be compared to uc4. Plus the revune generated during the life span of the game is in the millions. Once people beat uc4 campaign the game is dead for most gamers. 

Once I beat quantum break the game was dead to me  that's the problem with story only driven game  yes uc4 has multiplayer but that is not why people buy the game and it's not why the game sells  overall glad game did well I wish more games do this well it's good for gamers 

400 million is with microtransactions + halo controllers + console bundle total costs + game costs (digital+retail), everything halo related.

And its not profit, its total revenue, so those console bundles really inflate that number.

Halo 5 didnt do anywhere CLOSE to 400m in 5 days, if you only factor in the game sales.

Right, sold in, not sold through and it's more likely than not that they over stuffed the channels with halo software and accessories as you can still buy the limited and collectors editions new, in stores and online. Beyond that, the pr released with the 4-500 million figure first week states "...and gaming-related hardware".

An Xbox one is gaming related hardware. I'm almost thinking that MS put some spin on it and lumped revenue from all Xbox one SKU sales that week which would include consoles sold without a halo pack in.

I must admit that I didn't think U4 would do this well at launch. Will be interesting to see the legs, as well as if it can pass TlOU+Remaster lifetime (which is somewhere around 10 million right) There is potential for Naughty Dogs trend of escalating acclaim to continue yet (:

Around the Network

Uncharted 2 and 3 combined sold around 17m, so Uncharted 4 will need some pretty strong legs even to just match its predecessors, let alone surpass them. Considering that legs are naturally weak for established, popular IPs with heavy marketing, I'm not sure how easy this will be.

The first week and month are very important for a game, and I think people overestimate the legs of many titles.

I guess the real question is: will Uncharted 4 become the default bundle to pad the numbers?

Mazzy said:
Uncharted 2 and 3 combined sold around 17m, so Uncharted 4 will need some pretty strong legs even to just match its predecessors, let alone surpass them. Considering that legs are naturally weak for established, popular IPs with heavy marketing, I'm not sure how easy this will be.

The first week and month are very important for a game, and I think people overestimate the legs of many titles.

I guess the real question is: will Uncharted 4 become the default bundle to pad the numbers?

Yes.

Without doubt there will be bundles with Uncharted 4.

And I also think it ll easily beat that 8.5m avg of UC2+3.

Why is Sony telling us actual numbers? I mean who does that?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Great game, well deserved. Did the last of us do similar number first week? I just finished the last of us remastered and think its better than uncharted 4.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Mazzy said:

Yes.

Without doubt there will be bundles with Uncharted 4.

And I also think it ll easily beat that 8.5m avg of UC2+3.

Well yeah, there already are bundles (the LE bundle which tanked on Amazon).

What I mean is replacing BO3 as the sort of standard packed-in game. 

Mazzy said:

I can't see why not. Both Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 had similar treatment.

It's a very good franchise that not only appeals to the mass market, but has tremendous word of mouth. Easily marketable, easily recognisable as a quality product and it's the poster boy franchise for action adventure.

They'd be insane to not bundle Uncharted 4 throughout the holidays, or mid-2017.

Manlytears said:
CGI-Quality said:
And to think, there were people over the weekend claiming this might have flopped. I'd serve crow, but nah.

Well done, ND & Sony!

People like this dude here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd5eNmItGHI

Uncharted got epic level sales, and sold better than any xbox exclusive! i realy wonder what dudes like mooch and crapgamer are going to do to damage control, perhaps they will go full retarded and say that Halo had better sales or other bullshit. 

I watched that video and holy shit was it bad. I've never so much hate for a console by anyone. I mean this guy really does hate Sony and anything Sony related! 

Carl2291 said:
Mazzy said:

I can't see why not. Both Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 had similar treatment.

It's a very good franchise that not only appeals to the mass market, but has tremendous word of mouth. Easily marketable, easily recognisable as a quality product and it's the poster boy franchise for action adventure.

They'd be insane to not bundle Uncharted 4 throughout the holidays, or mid-2017.

Maybe even a GotY edition with dlc included next year! 

Fei-Hung said:

I watched that video and holy shit was it bad. I've never so much hate for a console by anyone. I mean this guy really does hate Sony and anything Sony related! 

The amusing thing about him is he's an XB owner through and through, dislikes Sony to a degree I've only seen surpassed by Mooch and owns a PS4. All while calling people who own a PS4 'stupid'.

The PS5 Exists.