By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction Overwatch will Outsell Call of Duty this year.

Thoughts?

No Way 225 63.20%

Will happen 26 7.30%

Possible 64 17.98%

Not Sure 19 5.34%

Nintendoomed 22 6.18%

Total:356
SpokenTruth said:
midrange said:

If the press (and people) continuously dislike it, then regardless of the final product, it will be at a disadvantage due to the established stigma that it is bad. Something similar happened to the Xbox one when it was revealed.

as for the poll, why would I be mad? I may be in the minority (as far as this site goes), but I'm still confident in my answer. And I respect everyone else's judgement on the matter

The majority disliking it are those that have disliked the series for years.  Now it's a heard mentatlity activity.  It won't do much to harm sales at all.

My question was in jest. You have a legit poll but I believe the results thus far suggest I'm not the only one that, at least mentally, asked it.

But the negativity has been overwhelming this year (beyond the norm for cod). It's not an indication of bad sales, it's an indication of decline this year (still selling a lot of course.

With regards to the poll, I'm not going to just follow the herd when I really have a differing view 

Around the Network

Not going to happen.

overwatch? what's that?

Don't think so. Either way the money is going to Activision-Blizzard.

jason1637 said:

I think its really possible for overwatch to have more sales than infinitive  warfare this year especially after fans outrage and the competition infinitive warfare will be up against this fall(titanfall 2, Battlefield 1). Also CoD isnt really a big seller on PC so i think that. will give an advantage to overwatch. Heres what im expecting

Cod IW

PS4- 8ml

Xb1- 5ml

Pc- 500k

= 13.5ml in 2016

Overwatch

PC- 6ml

Ps4- 5ml

Xb1- 3ml

= 14ml.

Thoughts?

The Last Cod sold 20+ Millions of units, even if Overwatch is a sucessful game it will not sell more than Cod, The Youtube thing is just Trolls Downvotes, in the end it will not have any effect in  the Sales of Infinite Warfare.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
midrange said:

But the negativity has been overwhelming this year (beyond the norm for cod). It's not an indication of bad sales, it's an indication of decline this year (still selling a lot of course.

With regards to the poll, I'm not going to just follow the herd when I really have a differing view 

It's an indication of the power of Reddit and other sites to generate a perception.    Look at recent Metacritic and IMBD rating projects.  A small groups says, "Let's rate this movie/game a 0!" 

The mere fact it has such an imbalanced ratio of views to diskikes well beyond the statistical ranges proves it's an anamoly and not the overall sentiment of the masses.

With regards to YouTube, there are different ways to interpret the amount of dislikes, so we should just agree to disagree.

As for the poll, if the masses disagree with me, cool. I really don't care and that won't sway my decision. If I turn out to be wrong, then it's just a learning experience so whatevs

Not gonna happen.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

No way!

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

I have watched a few gameplay clips of this game and to me, it looks like a modded version of Team Fortress? Nothing special? Or have I not watched enough? I am happy to be educated here :)

XBL: NathObeaN | PSN: NathObeaN | Steam: NathObeaN

NathObeaN said:
I have watched a few gameplay clips of this game and to me, it looks like a modded version of Team Fortress? Nothing special? Or have I not watched enough? I am happy to be educated here :)

If you wanna oversimplify it:

I don't consider that a bad thing, though. TF2 came out nearly a decade ago and hasn't had any proper competition in its subgenre til now. Many would also say that it's gone off the rails over the years, losing relevance bit by bit. Overwatch is a fresh start for fans of the genre with the same tight team play, great character design and backstory, but with a larger, more eclectic roster each featuring their own fun and useful abilities to master. Many people like myself are looking forward to a new beginning.