By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction Overwatch will Outsell Call of Duty this year.

Thoughts?

No Way 225 63.20%

Will happen 26 7.30%

Possible 64 17.98%

Not Sure 19 5.34%

Nintendoomed 22 6.18%

Total:356

After seeing The digital foundry clips showing Overwatch and it struggling to get 20fps. I will downgrade my vote from 0.1% chance of happening to not a snowball's chance in hell of happening

Around the Network
GProgrammer said:
After seeing The digital foundry clips showing Overwatch and it struggling to get 20fps. I will downgrade my vote from 0.1% chance of happening to not a snowball's chance in hell of happening

...Huh?

You sure you're not thinking of Homefront?

TallSilhouette said:
GProgrammer said:

...Huh?

You sure you're not thinking of Homefront?

Yep, my Bad, for some reason I confused the words Overwatch and HomeFront

Swordmasterman said:
jason1637 said:

I think its really possible for overwatch to have more sales than infinitive  warfare this year especially after fans outrage and the competition infinitive warfare will be up against this fall(titanfall 2, Battlefield 1). Also CoD isnt really a big seller on PC so i think that. will give an advantage to overwatch. Heres what im expecting

Cod IW

PS4- 8ml

Xb1- 5ml

Pc- 500k

= 13.5ml in 2016

Overwatch

PC- 6ml

Ps4- 5ml

Xb1- 3ml

= 14ml.

Thoughts?

The Last Cod sold 20+ Millions of units, even if Overwatch is a sucessful game it will not sell more than Cod, The Youtube thing is just Trolls Downvotes, in the end it will not have any effect in  the Sales of Infinite Warfare.

The last CoD sold less than 20ml last year. Also i doubt 1ml+ people are all trolls, and not fans because why didnt any othet call of duty games get this much dislikes? Whu only IW?

jason1637 said:
Swordmasterman said:

The Last Cod sold 20+ Millions of units, even if Overwatch is a sucessful game it will not sell more than Cod, The Youtube thing is just Trolls Downvotes, in the end it will not have any effect in  the Sales of Infinite Warfare.

The last CoD sold less than 20ml last year. Also i doubt 1ml+ people are all trolls, and not fans because why didnt any othet call of duty games get this much dislikes? Whu only IW?

Because the Midia made it the  Video the Spotlight of all Call of Duty's Hate and everyone went to the video just to Dislike it.

Around the Network

My thoughts are that Overwatch doesn't have a campaign.

Nem said:

So like Star Wars battlefront?

poppler said:
Nem said:

So like Star Wars battlefront?

Yup.

Swordmasterman said:
jason1637 said:

Because the Midia made it the  Video the Spotlight of all Call of Duty's Hate and everyone went to the video just to Dislike it.

That doesn't mean people didn't like it. When the video first came out beforr the media talked about it the dislikes were crazy, and most of the persons i talked to that play cod are disappointed. Also Bo3 is the 2nd most disliked cod vid even though it didn't more dislikes than likes some media outlets gave it bad press but i doesnt have ovet 1ml dislikes. 

Not a bold prediction at all, should do it easily. Overwatch will easily be 15-20m+ in first year. This game will be massive.