By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction Overwatch will Outsell Call of Duty this year.

Thoughts?

No Way 225 63.20%

Will happen 26 7.30%

Possible 64 17.98%

Not Sure 19 5.34%

Nintendoomed 22 6.18%

Total:356

I think yes, but what good will it do?, COD will be released next year but no overwatch 2, so it will remain the stronger title

Around the Network

Highly unlikely.

Ultrashroomz said:
Overwatch outselling CoD would be awesome.

I doubt it'll happen tho.

It happened.

OP- the overwatch console numbers were way off but i think it sold better than IW overall.

jason1637 said:
Ultrashroomz said:
Overwatch outselling CoD would be awesome.

I doubt it'll happen tho.

It happened.

OP- the overwatch console numbers were way off but i think it sold better than IW overall.

Defintely, it did amazingly well on PC.

Most played game in Korea. 

How much did they sell?

Around the Network
Farsala said:
How much did they sell?

VGC had Cod at 10.1m by end of the year. With digital its probably around 13 million. Last we heard Overwatch had 25m players. But Activision/Blizzard release their report earnings Febuary 9th so we will know for sure by then.

Hoping Overwatch does better. Definitely digging Overwatch's art style.

jason1637 said:
Farsala said:
How much did they sell?

VGC had Cod at 10.1m by end of the year. With digital its probably around 13 million. Last we heard Overwatch had 25m players. But Activision/Blizzard release their report earnings Febuary 9th so we will know for sure by then.

Players don't mean much in terms of sales, especially with korean/ Chinese popularity. Of course it is good money for ACTI and definitely good for business.  For example if ACTI does a free player weekend for CoD. Player count swells, but not many people actually payed much for it.

But actual sales seem to be pretty unknown. I was just wondering if we had more data on the sales. Non- VGC sources also put CoD way ahead due to lack of Bnet data.

jason1637 said:

It happened.

Hey I'm glad I'm wrong in this case.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

So Activision-Blizzard confirms Overwatch sold over 12m in 2016, but we still are not sure how much more then that it sold. I see similar numbers from CoD tbh, however Activision hasn't released CoD numbers at all due to the lower performance compared to BO3.