By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - is it still worth buying a 360 now?

jrix said:
Excellent online experience, mass effect, bioshock, halo 3, call of duty 4, lost odyssey, gears of war (you cannot ignore this games). Better performance in the multiplatform games... YEP, why not?

you can actual ignore some of those games. lost odysessy has been really over rated, reason being becuase its the only JRPG on the 360. Halo 3 is a completley average game. mass effect and gears of war are must plays, but call of duty is out for PC and PS3 so u really dont need a 360 for it.

Around the Network

Lost Odyssey is not at all the only JRPG on the 360. You could argue it's the best one, but it's not the only. There's also Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata off the top of my head.

ok, then lost odysessy is the best JRPG on the 360, but thats sadly still not much..

With easily the best library of games of any current-generation console, a line-up that is just as strong for 2008 as any other console's and a new lower price, its more worth it now to buy a 360 than it ever has been before.

Microsoft has had a complete attitude reversal over the last 12 months. They are all about giving shareholders a return on the gaming division's investment. The Xbox 360 will be around for a long time to come.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I'd say so, you're not missing out on much thats Sony exclusive, and there's a whole year worth of games for the 360 that neither Wii or PS3 have versions of.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Hey, I'm still considering buying a PS2. And you're asking if it is still worth bying a 360??

Here's your Einkaufsliste:
- It's March 27th already: Buy PES Wii TODAY and score for Celtic Glasgow with your Nunchuck
- buy Mario Kart in April
- and a 360 in May

Alternative Einkaufsliste:
- buy a 360 with PES and score for Celtic Glasgow with your...er...push button A on your xbox controller
- buy Mario Kart in April

(Hm, didn't you say yesterday that you won't have enough money to buy both, PES Wii and Mario Kart? Walked the streets today?)

If I had it to do over again, and I didn't have any of the current gen consoles, the 360 would still be the FIRST console I'd buy. Regardless of the RROD, lack of an HD movie platform, and free online, the 360 delivers and keeps delivering. Buy the damned thing, and don't look back.

coolestguyever said:
it'll be worth it till after Gears of War 2. then after that they got nothing I know of.

Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Resident Evil 5
Bioshock 2
Alpha Protocol
Grand Theft Auto 4: Episode 2
Borderlands
Mafia 2
Alien RPG
Prey 2
Rage
Earth No More
Edge of Twilight
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
Dungeon Hero
Cipher Complex
Gears of War 3
Faith and a .45
Shadow Harvest
Planet 51
Troll & Armor
Terminator Salvation
Section 8
Champions Online
Saw
Huxley
Kingdom Under Fire 2
Red Faction: Guerilla
Omikron: Karma
Burnout Next
Deus Ex 3
Dead or Alive 5
Dead or Alive: Code Chronos
Tom Clancy's Air Combat
The Outsider
Alive
Project Offset
The Secret World
Wing Commander (rumored)
Knights of the Old Republic 3 (rumored)
Blue Dragon 2 (rumored)
Lost Odyssey 2 (rumored)
Untitled Mistwalker MMO (rumored)
Untitled Ready At Dawn 360 game (rumored)
Untitled Bungie game
Untitled Lionhead game
Untitled Rare game

There are more as well that I likely missed, as well as any games delayed and games that haven't been announced.  It's very likely that the system will have a lot of software support for the rest of it's lifecycle.  It's a software success regardless of how some people would like to spin it.

@ Legend11: Fallout 3

Fallout 3 is coming out this year for sure.