By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - is it still worth buying a 360 now?

Omac said:
Euphoria14 said:
jrix said:
Excellent online experience, mass effect, bioshock, halo 3, call of duty 4, lost odyssey, gears of war (you cannot ignore this games). Better performance in the multiplatform games... YEP, why not?

I enjoy my 360 as much as the next guy, but out of your 6 games listed, 5 are shooters. I know ME is called an RPG, but it is just a 3rd person shooter with some RPG elements in it. Similar to how Bioshock is sometimes put into the RPG genre, but I can tell you, that is no RPG, leveling up weapons or not.

Only reason I could give for getting a 360 to be honest? If you like shooters and RPG's (for right now).

You also need to see if this guy is willing to spend $50 a year to play online. I for one do not as my PS3 and Wii do online just fine. So I play where it is free.

The TC doesn't really give any information on why he would want one, so we really have no solid information to give him and "good" answer.

We should ask the TC this question. "What would you be getting a 360 for?"

You post fails. I don't think you ever played Mass Effect. I got a full year of Live for 25 bucks, just check ebay.  You want the best games? Get a 360.

I never said I played Mass Effect, so how does my post fail. I watched all the gameplay videos and did reading up as I research a bit before making a purchase. It is a shooter, you hide behind walls, pop out and shoot your gun. Seems like a shooter to me.

I may be wrong, I never played it, never claimed I did. I was just giving my opinion. Am I not allowed to have one? In my personal opinion as well, western RPG's suck. Keep your Oblivion, keep your Fallout, keep that trash I personally do not enjoy.

More like your personal dig at me failed. I never attacked you personally now did I?

My post in a nutshell is more like this.

"You can't just tell someone get this for this game, that game, etc... when we have no information yet on what the TC's game(s) of choice are and his reasoning for comtemplating a 360 purchase."

Next time please respond to the post instead of cherry picking it and attacking me please?I was hoping you are someone here knew what he likes or why he wants one... but I guess not.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

How about we just turn that whole big post into what I originally tried to say and see if he can keep this topic going, if the creator decides to check up on it?

So does anyone have any information on why he is considering this purchase or is everyone else in the dark like me?

If he is only worried about "time" the console has left, then he has plenty of time left and if that was his only gripe, then he should pick up the console.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

If I lived in EU or Japan I would not get a 360 unless I really liked FPSs. The 360 should have new games in America for 5-6 more years. Unless something crazy happens, I don't EU and Japan will go that way.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

FreeTalkLive said:
If I lived in EU or Japan I would not get a 360 unless I really liked FPSs. The 360 should have new games in America for 5-6 more years. Unless something crazy happens, I don't EU and Japan will go that way.

In all fairness though, the 2008 lineup for the 360 is awesome for Japanese and Euro gamers who don't like FPS games. In fact, i challenge that it might be better than the PS3's.

Lost Odyssey
Banjo 3
Ninja Gaiden 2
Fable 2
Infinite Undiscovery
Halo Wars
Too Human
etc.

And that's not including multi-plat games. That's a pretty damned fine lineup for the supposed FPS box. In fact, the 360's 2008 FPS lineup is kinda weak IMO. Not that I'm complaining, I still have shooters from 2007 to finish.

Edit: Whoa, I just realized that none of those games are planned for PC. While Fable and Halo Wars will likely be released on PC later, that's still pretty good for the 360.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Euphoria14 said:
jrix said:
Excellent online experience, mass effect, bioshock, halo 3, call of duty 4, lost odyssey, gears of war (you cannot ignore this games). Better performance in the multiplatform games... YEP, why not?

I enjoy my 360 as much as the next guy, but out of your 6 games listed, 5 are shooters. I know ME is called an RPG, but it is just a 3rd person shooter with some RPG elements in it. Similar to how Bioshock is sometimes put into the RPG genre, but I can tell you, that is no RPG, leveling up weapons or not.

Only reason I could give for getting a 360 to be honest? If you like shooters and RPG's (for right now).

You also need to see if this guy is willing to spend $50 a year to play online. I for one do not as my PS3 and Wii do online just fine. So I play where it is free.

The TC doesn't really give any information on why he would want one, so we really have no solid information to give him and "good" answer.

We should ask the TC this question. "What would you be getting a 360 for?"

Thats crap.  This was an amazing RPG with shooter elements.  The dialogue system was incredibly and unique, the story was deep, branching and epic.  The personal and squad customization options were highly varied.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
FreeTalkLive said:

In all fairness though, the 2008 lineup for the 360 is awesome for Japanese and Euro gamers who don't like FPS games. In fact, i challenge that it might be better than the PS3's.

Lost Odyssey
Banjo 3
Ninja Gaiden 2
Fable 2
Infinite Undiscovery
Halo Wars
Too Human
etc.

And that's not including multi-plat games. That's a pretty damned fine lineup for the supposed FPS box. In fact, the 360's 2008 FPS lineup is kinda weak IMO. Not that I'm complaining, I still have shooters from 2007 to finish.

Edit: Whoa, I just realized that none of those games are planned for PC. While Fable and Halo Wars will likely be released on PC later, that's still pretty good for the 360.

Plus 50 for Rocketpig.

That line-up is far more compelling than the non-FPS PS3 line-up, ESPECIALLY if GT5 doesn't make it this year. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Atm I would recommend the XBox 360 Elite because its black in colour and has a 120GB HDD. I heard the Halo XBox 360 looks pretty cool too. Steer clear of the XBox 360 Arcade which has no HDD.

I_own_a_PS3 said:
No way is the XBox 360 worth buying. Get a PS3 instead the future of gaming.
 Funny I told this guy he would get banned lol. 

The 360 is fantastic, it is by far my most played console, great games, online community is awesome, arcade is cool if you want to get some classics.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

soul calibur 4, ninja gaiden 2, too human..