By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - is it still worth buying a 360 now?

Well he already has Wii so that's out of the question.

To OP: It's still worth getting a 360 if you want one, cheap console, cheap games and the games are different from the Wii's so it would be a nice change.

Around the Network

If you want one then get it. There you go. The pros/cons of the 360 are surely known to all who surf and play by now so you know exactly what you're getting.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

A very good price helps, which is why I will probably get one at some point. for me, AC 6, LO and ME are enough for me to want one, even if the new one comes out soon. There are plenty of "classic" 360 games to be getting on with now

There are a few points that other posters are neglecting to mention.

First Microsoft has a better stance on backwards compatibility then Sony. So any games you do pick up on the 360 will probably be playable on the next machine. That means as the new machine arrives you can sell the old one, and regain some needed cash. You will also not have to sell your beloved games. Basically the console will have a better resale value.

Second Microsoft uses a core as part of their model. Which raises the hope of keeping your existing storage, and simply transferring it to your next machine in the series. Once again that saves you some money.

Third the profile system on the 360 is bound to be moved over to the next system in the line. So your virtual library, game saves, achievements, and your avatar can all move along with you.

Others have said the machine is probably four years away, but when it does arrive the chances are good that you can bring most of your original experience over with you when you transfer. Basically you can save money by investing in the brand.

Definitely get a 360! Great games are available for it, you won't be disappointed. I'm extremely happy with my Wii and 360 combination.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

@Dodece
You made really good points up there. Things that no one consider them to be important bur they are

@koopatrooper

Are you kidding? I wish i bought my 360 right now. With this great library behind and all these masterpieces to follow...

I actually bought another one last week so I could give it to my girlfriend and play games when I stay there. Sex only lasts like what...20 mins. :)
Lots of room for Call of Duty 4...

I would never consider buying an XBox 360. PS3 FTW.

@PS3_Play_Beyond or should I say I_own_a_PS3

wow, this is as polite as you've ever been about xbox 360. Banning you made you become a changed man I guess...

disolitude said:
@PS3_Play_Beyond or should I say I_own_a_PS3

wow, this is as polite as you've ever been about xbox 360. Banning you made you become a changed man I guess...

I was never banned I am new to VGchartz. anyway goodluck to all who own an XBox 360.