By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: NX will do better than N64 and outsell X1 lifetime...

Shiken said:
daredevil.shark said:
Zelda won't do nothing. For a console to succeed they need multiple games like Zelda and third party games. As for my estimation it will do Wii U numbers if PS4 Neo takes off smoothly.

Zelda alone will ensure a smooth launch.  E3 will shed a bit more light on this, but I have a feeling it will be comparable to Witcher 3 in scope.  Some people, like myself, will upgrade from WiiU to NX for this game.  Most people who do not have a WiiU yet but want this game will go for NX just for the superior version (if my prediction on power holds up).  See Twilight Princess sales for reference to this fact.

And of course there will be other games.  Part of their strategy is to have a steady stream of games exclusive to the NX right out of the gate (why the WiiU is dead this year).  It does not take a rocket scientist to see that.

Have fun putting all hopes in a single games which is not a big seller (like Mario) to begin with. Fans are expecting too much from it. As history has shown a console needs third party; specifically western third party games to take off. Exclusives don't sell a console anymore. With the rise of PC gaming, smartphone gaming console gaming is already crowded with three companies.

Around the Network

lol nintendo fans continue to be dilusional.

You mean the console version?

setsunatenshi said:
Nautilus said:

It still depends on too many variables that we dont know of, to make a reasonable prediction, even a bold one I might say.With that being said, it will obviously pass Neo sales, just because Neo will only cater to the diehard PS fans, since casuals will buy the regular one since it will be the cheapest.

The Neo is a PS4, it will have all the PS4 games and won't have any game that's not on the PS4, so why separate the 2 skus when Sony itself doesn't?

The PS4 is starting with 40M as of now, probably over 50M by the end of the year, so there's 0 chance it will outsell it by definition :)

But if the rumors are to be believed, the Neo will be a bit different than the standard version, probably having a much higher price.Thats why i separated it into two SKUs.And yeah, it certainly wont beat the PS4, but seeing Neo numbers alone, it should beat it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Everything is possible with all the information we have about NX as of now.

Around the Network
thewreckingball said:
lol nintendo fans continue to be dilusional.

Check my post history, I am clearly a Sony fan.  ;)

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

daredevil.shark said:
Shiken said:

Zelda alone will ensure a smooth launch.  E3 will shed a bit more light on this, but I have a feeling it will be comparable to Witcher 3 in scope.  Some people, like myself, will upgrade from WiiU to NX for this game.  Most people who do not have a WiiU yet but want this game will go for NX just for the superior version (if my prediction on power holds up).  See Twilight Princess sales for reference to this fact.

And of course there will be other games.  Part of their strategy is to have a steady stream of games exclusive to the NX right out of the gate (why the WiiU is dead this year).  It does not take a rocket scientist to see that.

Have fun putting all hopes in a single games which is not a big seller (like Mario) to begin with. Fans are expecting too much from it. As history has shown a console needs third party; specifically western third party games to take off. Exclusives don't sell a console anymore. With the rise of PC gaming, smartphone gaming console gaming is already crowded with three companies.

Hopes in a single game?  Did you read my original post?  There is more to this than just Zelda (which is a huge IP).  All I said is that Zelda NX will help give it a strong launch, especially if it is as I predict and it is equal to Witcher 3 in scope (we will know for sure at E3).  And for Nintendo, exclusives (both 3rd party and 1st party) will be what moves this console.  There are too many PS4 owners out there for multiplats to be the primary system seller.  See X1 sales for reference.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

How can you make a prediction without knowing what the system is? or the concept behinde it?
Its too early for this sort of stuff.

JRPGfan said:
How can you make a prediction without knowing what the system is? or the concept behinde it?
Its too early for this sort of stuff.

This is the current status of VGC. Speculation after speculation, a thread inspired by a single neogaf user comment. This site has lost its charm because of so many hypothetical ideas for a console for which we know almost nothing.

Shiken said:

Most people will probl get an Ps4 (neo)/xbox one/pc to play witcher 3 instead of zelda wii u.

Because they wont just have witcher 3 there, but also Final Fantasy 15, Dragon Age Inquisition, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Assassin Creed Games, Elder Scrolls games (later), Kingdom Hearts 3 (later), GTA 5, Metal Gear Solid 5, Mass Effect Andromenda, Dark Souls III, DeusEX Mankind Divided PS4: Uncharted4, Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne

I highdly doubt nintendo can compete with NX against that lineup. Even with Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Pokemon, F-zero and co. 

And third party support will most likely not happen scince the wii u already prooved that in usual nintendo fans arnt interested in third party games like Mass Effect, Deus EX, COD, Watchdog, Assassins Creed and co.